Why doesn't Disney Movie Rewards offer good prizes anymore?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
I remember when Disney Movie Rewards used to offer awesome Disney stuff for prizes such as plushies MP3 players electronics books and music downloads or cds but now when you look at the prizes on Disney Movie Rewards all they seem to have is drawings for contests such as celebrity meet and greets movie tickets to premieres of Disney movies in Hollywood and movie posters and I can't figure it out why Disney Movie Rewards is doing this? Another thing that Disney Movie Rewards seems to have an obsession with is pins and Funko figurines as their top prizes and if they had some awesome prizes such as character autographs or Disney collectibles such as porcelain Disney figurines of the princesses or Jim Shore figures or even Thomas Kinkade Disney art it would be a big hit. Why did Disney Movie Rewards stop offering good and awesome prizes?

They have had a few different signed art prints lately. Personally not a fan of the funkos either, but I consider the pins collectible. They have had some more unusual options like purses, but those seem to disappear quickly. I do wish they brought back the search feature or added collectibles to the filter. They may have moved away from the porcelain items because no matter how well you package them you still end up with a lot of complaints about breakage.

I called them a couple months ago -- huge pain to get through all the phone trees to get a person, but they claimed more prizes and items were coming soon... <NOT holding breath>...

Why I think Disney Movie Rewards slowly drew themselves away from awesome prizes such as Disney electronics and other prizes to focus on sweepstakes drawings for vacations and celebrity meet and greets is because they think that 's a huge moneymaker. But if Disney Movie Rewards was to have prizes such as plush toys and dolls it would be huge

My biggest issue is the number of points for some of the gift cards. I do not understand why the regular Mickey Mouse gift card is 1,000 points, but the special summer Mickey Mouse gift card is 1,100 points. Also, does anyone know why the $10 e-cards with Mavel, Pixar, or Star Wars characters are 1,100 points, but the regular Mickey Mouse card is 1,000 points?

I could understand a physical gift card requiring more points, because they have to send that, but I do not understand why an e-card requires more points than a physical card.

I think the prizes have to do with the pandemic, money and greed. Alot of games with rewards, the rewards suck now after/during the pandemic. I play MyVegas on facebook, the prizes were like free rooms, and free monorail tickets but now it's buy one get one free for x amount of points.

I think Disney Movie Rewards needs to improve themselves and start adding prizes that are actually worth getting. Like why they have a big obsession with sweepstakes drawings for celebrity meet and greets and offer things like movie posters and Funko figurines? They could offer toys for the kids such as Disney plushies and Star Wars plushies and Marvel plushies and also Disney-Nui-Mo's with fashions and shoulder plushies too and people would buy them for the kids. But why they also offer other stuff like books and art books is just odd to me. I think Disney Movie Rewards is trying to adopt a new image to get more people to sign up. But I would like seeing items like Disney character autographs coffee mugs and dolls being added to them because they would draw more customers into signing up

I noticed yesterday that the studio tour is gone and the D23 memberships. Which is too bad…I don’t know what to spend 15K points on lol (but I’m going to wait and hope they come back)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter