Why doesn't disney have a lot of places to SIT & EAT at Magic Kingdom?

You mean sit down resutraunts?

Well lets see....there's Tony"s, Crystal Palace, Cinderellas castle, Liberty Tree Tavern. That's 4. Ak doesnt have any (aside from Rainforest, which isnt Disney). Mgm? 5 I think. Epcot has a ton, but they have the WS, so thats cheating.......It doesnt seem like alot less. And unlike MGM there are a bunch at resorts very close by.......

:space:
No I mean sit down as in a "food court" type of thing, like benches lined up. I remember one year it was so crowded we had to stand up and eat our hot dogs. It was really horrible -when ur exhausted and just want a bite to eat and sit down
u can't!

There's lots of those places. At least one in each "land".

Every food court in WDW has plenty of seating, but they can be crowded during the normal lunch hour.

Try going for an early or late lunch, say 11am or 1pm when the bulk of the crowd aren't there.

In tomorrowland, between indy speedway and space mountain, there are several outdoor tables you could sit down and munch on those wonderful mickey bars.

:teeth:

There are several places with seats but I know it can get crowded. Why don't they have more? Just my theory but I think that is part of what lures folks to indoor sitdown restaurants which have more expensive menus than counter service which = more $ and Disney likes that. (Not trying to sound cynical but it does make business sense).

Hi fairytinkerbell! I'm sorry you've had trouble in the past finding seating at MK counter service areas. Were you there at a really busy time. We have to visit WDW at fairly busy times due to the school calendar, but we've been fortunate enough to always find seating at MK counter service areas.

A couple of our favorites are Pecos Bill's (huge, with lots of seating even when crowded) and Columbia Harbour House. We also had no trouble finding a seat at Casey's Corner even though it's much smaller. The Plaza Pavilion has tons of seating, and I've never seen it very crowded. Although it's outside, the seating area is shaded and there are at least places to sit.

Someone else suggested eating at non-traditional meal times, and that's an excellent idea if you're finding that the crowds are really bad when you are there. According to your countdown timer you'll be there in October though, so I don't think you should have any problems finding seating this time.

Many of the MK fast food places have a second floor. Most people don't know this, so they often have empty tables up there.

And a lot of them have odd corners ala Peco's Bills - the main part of the restaurant looks small, but it turns a corner and goes around the back quite a ways.

Originally posted by fairytinkerbell
:space:
No I mean sit down as in a "food court" type of thing, like benches lined up. I remember one year it was so crowded we had to stand up and eat our hot dogs. It was really horrible -when ur exhausted and just want a bite to eat and sit down
u can't!

Hi!

It's simple: avoid popular meal times. Never eat counter-service b/w 11 am and 1 pm because everyone else and their mother will be in line. Eat a big breakfast, buy popcorn or munchies, or eat after 1 pm.

Believe me, I've visited the MK during some horrendously crowded holidays (July 4th, NYE) and you'll find an empty table if you follow those instructions.

The expectations for an "amusement park" were different 45 years ago when MK was designed. I think people were more satisfied to catch a quick hot dog between rides back then and head to the hotels for a sit-down meal.

Just got back yesterday. One thing I noticed is they took out all of the benches in Town Square and around the hub. They used to be good spots to sit down and eat popcorn or a pretzel. My Mom can't sit on curbs, we used to find a spot early on a bench for the parades in Town Square.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter