Why do you go back?

k5xs

DIS Veteran
DW and I were pondering why it was we SO enjoy our multiple trips to WDW each year. We decided we don't really know.

We've ridden all but the newest attractions more times than we can count. We've people watched for hours on end. We've eaten at scads of WDW eateries multiple times. We've strolled the parks until our feet hurt. And yet we still go back. And we love it.

If you had to phrase in a sentence or two why YOU go back multiple times, what would you say?

I found this article awhile back, and this sums it up perfectly in my mind.

"If you haven't figured it out by now, it's in Disney World that I make the best memories with my family. It's there that I'm reminded about the very meaning of family. It's a special place, don't get me wrong, but the people I go there with are what make it special."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/1-reason-disney-magic-never-194503950.html

I can tell you some things from every trip that I have ever been on to WDW... some of those date back years and years ago. But I can recall every one of the over 40+ times I have been lucky enough to visit a Disney park with my family.

~D

Last edited:
I grew up vacationing at WDW every other year or every year. As a child I thought it was the most magical place ... and that feeling stayed through my teenage and adult years. I still feel that way.

I now have two toddlers and I love seeing them discover Disney with their own eyes. It’s like I’m experiencing the magic for the first time again.

We love the whole immersive Disney experience. The resorts, the parks, character dining, etc. The sights and sounds. When we arrive on property, we don’t leave.

One other thing - for a while, I had a very demanding job and it was hard for me to shut it off or not think about it when I was on vacation (this was before I had kids.) When I would go on beach vacations or other trips, I’d constantly think about work. Disney was the only place where I totally forgot about my job and really enjoyed every second. It just feels like a different world there.

Because it is our escape from reality! So much to do so much to see.
I just love the atmosphere of Disney. The sights, the sounds, the music and even the announcement when you board the monorail about those who are standing please hold onto the rails and stay clear of the doors, they will be closing in a moment lol!

Last edited:
As a child, I grew up visiting Disneyland every year. It was the only time of year that my father was happy to hang with us. Now that I am older, I have added WDW to DL. I love Epcot and the expansiveness of the Florida parks.

Stems from my childhood when I used to go with my parents/ siblings... now with my husband, son & grandchildren. Once that plane lands nothing else matters but sharing time with my family. For me it really is the happiest place on earth.

I fell in love with Disney at the age of 4, I am almost 44 now.. I adore almost everything about Disney world, the feel I get when we drive through the gates, when I check into my resort, when I enter the MK for the first time of the trip, the first time of the trip when I get on POTC.. I love the food, the resorts, the shows, the fireworks, the shopping, the pools, monorail, renting boats, trying new food, trying new experiences. I am happier, more relaxed and away from the real world for those 9 days. Disney for me represents magic, dreams coming true, true love, anything is possible, being a kids again at heart.
My husband loves Disney but wants to do more traveling outside of Disney which I have agreed to but I am also going to purchase DVC soon, I recently lost my mother and when probate is done I plan on using part of it to buy DVC bc I know my mother would be happy with my decision, plus I can leave it to my kids as well..

After 50+ trips since '99, it's home. I go, sometimes alone, sometimes with others, and I can go to a park for an hour or two. I can just walk around. There is no stress about seeing it all, doing it all. It's as familiar as the back of my hand. Yes, I like to travel to other places...heading to Europe this fall for the Christmas markets. But, Disney is my happy place. And now that my dd works there? I spend even more time down there!!!

For us it's tradition and it's our safe place. No matter what is happening in our real lives, the minute we get on property we feel like we have escaped and for that short time, we can totally relax.

For me i think it's the feeling as well. I am just happy when i'm there. I get excited when i turn on I-4 and when i drive under the Disney sign and when i walk on property. It just makes me happy. I get asked a lot when will i stop going and my answer is when it no longer makes me smile and happy.

It's a place where we KNOW we'll make fun memories together. That about sums it up for us.

We vacation other ways too, and honestly WDW is starting to fade a bit in the rankings of how we want to vacation... we're leaning more towards cruises and trips to National Parks, etc... but WDW always holds a special place in our hearts and memories. We're very much looking forward to our WDW visit next month!!!

Dan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!