Why Do UK and Irish People Always Go to Walt Disney World Instead of Disneyland California?

I've still yet to go to Disneyland California, but I'm seriously considering it for next year, particularly since I have US friends who I want to meet out there, and it's been a long time since I've last been to California. I guess the reason why most from our part of the world go to WDW instead of DL is because of distance; the East Coast is a lot closer to us Europeans than the West Coast is.

I've still yet to go to Disneyland California, but I'm seriously considering it for next year, particularly since I have US friends who I want to meet out there, and it's been a long time since I've last been to California. I guess the reason why most from our part of the world go to WDW instead of DL is because of distance; the East Coast is a lot closer to us Europeans than the West Coast is.
I think if your heading out that way then it’s worth considering. For us as I said before it’s not worth more than a couple of days. I can recommend the Fairfield inn. That hotel is about a 5-10 minute walk to the main entrance of both parks. Bonus is there is a decent ihop on the way so good for a big cheap breakfast.

I think if your heading out that way then it’s worth considering. For us as I said before it’s not worth more than a couple of days. I can recommend the Fairfield inn. That hotel is about a 5-10 minute walk to the main entrance of both parks. Bonus is there is a decent ihop on the way so good for a big cheap breakfast.
I love IHOP! Now that's a perfect combo!

I've visited Disneyland California, but it was part of my honeymoon which was 21 nights of Route 101. So we did 2 nights at DCL, staying across the road in a best western, and whilst disneyland Cali was such a great park - I can understand why those of us from UK/Europe choose WDW over DL.

For me DC was so wonderful to see, Walt's original park and the differences between that and WDW but its a long way to go flight wise, increased cost and as others have said there isn't as much to do in terms of parks - We spent 1 day in each and managed to do everything we wanted, and had a morning back in DL/DTD before we head up north again.

I would do Disneyland again but only if I was on the West Coast for another reason - I wouldn't specifically go there, where as i would specifically go to WDW for an entire holiday!

We go to DL every two years and do different parts of Southern California as part of the trip.

1. Abundance of cheaper flights.
2. Many more parks in Orlando area.
3. Orlando seen as a holiday destination.
4. Familiarity and cost.
5. Time difference.
6. Advertising, you’ll never see Disneyland advertised to Brits, but WDW all the time, including offers.
7. Website for Brits focuses on WDW.
8. Word of mouth.

Another 3x visitor to DL/DCA -- Disneyland Hotel and GC resort x2. I would just tend to recommend splitting your california adventure with other parts of the state if you go. Any we found the driving in the Disneyland/L.A. area actually to be easier than Florida (tho' both are overall ok). Last time in california we stayed at GC for 1/52 but also visited Costa Mesa, Laguna Beach and Malibu. Then we went to NorCal, staying in SF and took trips to Sonoma and Napa, and Yosemite. Highly recommend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!