Why do teens prefer Hard Rock?

pbb&j

Mouseketeer
Our family of 5 will be making our first trip to Universal next summer. Originally we were going to go over spring break, but our oldest wants to join us, so we moved it to summer. I know that we will stay at one of the 3 hotels offering unlimited express pass, and will be in one club level room for a week. We are used to staying in 1 room, so that's not a big deal to us.
Recommendations seems to point to Hard Rock with teens, and I'm wondering why they prefer it. Is it the theming? The location? The vibe? The pool?
Price doesn't seem that dramatically different between the 3, and they all look very nice. We do split up often, so convenience is a factor to us, but they all look very convenient, anyway.
So what makes your teens love Hard Rock? Happy teens generally make for a fun trip! I think our kids will really like Universal anyway, and they aren't picky travelers, but I do want to pick the hotel that makes sense for them.

Thanks!

Recommendations seems to point to Hard Rock with teens, and I'm wondering why they prefer it. Is it the theming? The location? The vibe? The pool?

Yes to all of these! :) It definitely has a "cooler" vibe - lots of rock music and memorabilia, funky staff, fun decor, etc. The pool also has underwater speakers, a great slide and often has live music poolside. The location is also great - the quickest walk to US.

We visited during our last trip for a pool day and really enjoyed it - we have it booked for 4 nights with our 13 year old next May!

We are headed there on Monday! My three teens are very excited about the theming. In the past, we have stayed at RPR as it was cheaper. They have never had any problem with the tropical theming and really enjoyed the pool there. But this trip, HRH had a lower AP rate. We have visited the hotel before when my brother was staying there and do like the hotel and fantastic location. My one son was googling the different memorabilia that is located there and is excited to see some stuff from the Beetles. I think he would also really enjoy the guitar rental for the day as he plays the acoustic but is saving his money for an electric. Rock and roll theming and teenagers just go hand in hand! :)

The vibe and the pool.

But you can get those things by visiting and pool hopping (allowed), so if another hotel works for you, go for that hotel!

We love the HRH! Yes my adult DS's influenced us to try it but DH and I are hooked! The staff here is truly top notch! They are all laid back and so happy and accommodating! I don't even like hard rock music but when I'm there I love it!

If all 5 of you are staying in one standard room, the rooms at HRH are slightly bigger than RPR. About 40 sq ft.

When it's just my wife and I we stay at RPR. When our son comes we stay at HRH.

It's not just the teens that love it! My son has always stayed at the PBR when we visited Universal so when he took a spring trip with just him and his girlfriend I booked the PBR for them. They had a great time and are returning to Universal next week but when he asked me to book a room for him he asked to be booked at the HRH instead. When I asked him why he said that they had breakfast there one morning and really liked the vibe and that it was closer to City Walk and the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!