Why do I keep ordering so much food!? Updated 07/13

Great start to your report. Can't wait to read more!!!!! And WHO are you calling middle aged? You look young, my new internet friend. Much younger than me anyway and I REFUSE to say I am middle aged.

Following along! :wave2:

We’ve always wanted to try out Raglan Road but haven’t made it there yet . Those fries look really good!

Ugh! I meant to update this earlier but posting a review from your phone isn't as easy as I thought it was going to be and I had to wait until I replaced my old laptop that had crashed.
New laptop? Check!
Pics uploaded? Check!

And off we go!!!

I left off at Disney Springs. We actually stayed there a really long time. It rained the entire day and we just relaxed and walked around looking at the to expensive to buy goodies and all the places we wanted to eat but couldn't fit into our trip. I REALLY wanted to try homecomin' but couldn't get an ADR so we had to skip it this trip. Oddly enough, I didn't see it when we were there. Its either hidden or we missed a part of of DS.

Soaking wet we headed back to POFQ to shower and change for dinner. We didn't have anything booked but we thought we might see if we could get into Homecomin', Frontera Cocina or The Edison. Although, my husband wanted to go back to Raglan. Yes, he loved it that much.

Here is some pics from POFQ. Its a gorgeous resort. We had a river view room and I enjoyed it a lot. We liked it so much that we are actually staying here again in December.

We got to our room around 6 pm. Our bags hadn't made it over from POP. My husband called the front desk and they said the bags sometimes take a while. My shoes were soaked and my hair was a crazy mess and I really wanted to take a shower and put on clean and dry clothes before eating, so we waited. I walked over to the lobby about an hour after that and the young man at the bell desk said POP hasn't sent anyone's bags yet but they would be here soon. I could tell he wasn't in the mood for a guest issue but I really wanted my clothes.

I think it was around 8 or 9 when we still didn't have our bags so DH called again. My husband ended up getting guest services this time and they apologized and gave us a monetary credit on our bands and said they would call us back. It was around 10 pm when we walked to the lobby and asked them if they lost our bags. A supervisor came out and advised they had temporarily misplaced them. But they found them at Riverside and were sending someone to get them for us now. She was very nice and gave us 3 fastpasses for Epcot the next day. I was really excited for them but I wished we were going to either Ak or DHS instead. There are more rides at those parks that we would have rather had them for.

With everything going on we decided to eat at FQ. My husband went off to order the Bacon cheese burger and fries. We both really liked the fries. Much better than the ones we got later in the trip at ASMU. I had never had shrimp and grits before and I headed off the order mine.
When we net back at the table, my husband had his burger and fries....and grilled cheese and fries. Um, what are you doing babe? And my sweetheart said "I know you like grilled cheese so just in case you don't like the shrimp and grits you'll still have something to eat." And that ladies and gentleman is one of the reasons I married him.

Romantic grilled cheese with yummy fries.

Bacon cheese burger and yummy fries

Sorry- I don't know how to turn the pics.

And the piece de resistance!!

Now, there is a very good chance that there are not authentic and that there are better shrimp and grits in the world. BUT I LOVED THESE! I thought the grits would be, well, gitty. Nope! They were creamy and so flavorful. The cook this fresh to order and it was delicious. I will absolutely be getting this again in December

Next up.. Epcot day, another resort change and the best and worst meal of the trip.

I cannot believe all of the trouble you had with your bags. That is crazy. We've switched resorts a few times and never had any issues like that.

Glad you were able to get some food though and woohoo it was all good. Kudos to FQ for doing quick service shrimp and grits so well. That looks like something you'd find at a table service place.

posting a review from your phone isn't as easy as I thought it was going to be and I had to wait until I replaced my old laptop that had crashed.

It's such a pain to try and do a full post pics and all on your phone :confused3

Romantic grilled cheese with yummy fries.

Aw how sweet of him, and looks yummy.

That’s a frustrating bag experience, I wish you could have gone out for dinner but... the shrimp and grits look and sound pretty great! I would definitely eat those if there’s no pork—do you know if ther was pork in that dish?

Great food. What a pain with your bags. We are transferring from Okw- Poly and then Poly to YC. Think i will pack a change of clothes just in case! 😊

Following along. Great start . Your Goofys treat is something I would get. I love chocolate covered marshmallows and anything like a S’more . If they have them when you are there in Dec , you should try the handmade S’mores at the Ganachery . POFQ is one of my favorite resorts - compact in size and beautiful grounds . I had the key lime tart from Amorettes too - delish !

Looking forward to reading more

I cannot believe all of the trouble you had with your bags. That is crazy. We've switched resorts a few times and never had any issues like that.

Glad you were able to get some food though and woohoo it was all good. Kudos to FQ for doing quick service shrimp and grits so well. That looks like something you'd find at a table service place.

I honestly think it was a rarity. We switched resorts again the next day to ASMU and the bags were in our room when we got back from the park. I was really happy about the extra fastpasses and the credit they gave us bought our dinner at Epcot. We're resort hopping again in Dec so we'll see how that goes but I'm not worried about it.

I was really impressed with the food at FQ. I would, and probably will order those shrimp and grits, many more times over my Disney lifetime, lol

It's such a pain to try and do a full post pics and all on your phone :confused3

Aw how sweet of him, and looks yummy.

Seriously! Why can't I figure out how to turn them? Is anyone else having this problem? And yes, my husband is a sweetie! But don't tell anyone, he likes people to think he's a big tough guy :rotfl2:

Great food. What a pain with your bags. We are transferring from Okw- Poly and then Poly to YC. Think i will pack a change of clothes just in case! 😊

I wouldn't worry to much about it. I really do feel like it was a fluke. We're switching resorts again on our next trip and we're going to let them move the luggage for us again.

Following along. Great start . Your Goofys treat is something I would get. I love chocolate covered marshmallows and anything like a S’more . If they have them when you are there in Dec , you should try the handmade S’mores at the Ganachery . POFQ is one of my favorite resorts - compact in size and beautiful grounds . I had the key lime tart from Amorettes too - delish !

Looking forward to reading more

You're a girl after my own heart. I LOVE chocolate covered marshmallows. I don't eat a lot of desserts but when I see the chance to have them, I'll scoop them up! Where is the Ganachery? Is that in DS too? I'll have to check it out. We're taking my two youngest stepson's in Dec and I know they'll want to see all the goodies Disney has to offers.

Yes the Ganachery is in DS. Just don’t ask me how to get there ! They have a lot of other chocolate things too. You watch them making your s’more through a window. Kind of neat.

Seriously! Why can't I figure out how to turn them? Is anyone else having this problem?

I've only had that happen to me once, but I basically just screenshotted and cropped the photo and tried again and it worked? I mostly upload my pictures to Imgur first so it doesn't usually happen.

Yes the Ganachery is in DS. Just don’t ask me how to get there !

Samantha and I got lost trying to find the Ganachery on our last trip :rotfl:

Great resort pics! Eek on the trouble with the bags.

Aaw on hubby getting the grilled cheese and fries in case you didn’t like the grits :lovestruc

It was the best of meals, it was the worst of meals....at Epcot!

I was really excited to go to Epcot. 15 years ago it was tied with AK for my favorite park and I couldn't wait to go back. Back then, my DS and I would spend most of the day in world showcase, getting his passport stamped and looking at the different pavilions. We loved it.
My husband's reaction? "Meh" Well, this burst my bubble. Or should I say, my Mickey balloon? Lol

We started off with meeting Joy and Sadness. This was a must do for me and our first meet of the trip. My husband couldn't believe what a little kid I turned into and was really amused by the whole thing. That would carry over into all of our meets. It was also his first clue as to how much I love Disney. Well dude, now you know!
( My Dh wouldn't wear the First Visit pin so I was wearing it on his behalf)

Next up it was Soarin' which despite going to Disneyland several times in the past 5 years, my husband didn't know existed. He loved it! Well, except for the lady next to me that has ridden it over 100 times and talked through the entire ride. Nonstop.
But oh, those smells! Love it!

We hit Test Track, made our race car and hit the track! This ride is so much better than the Cars equivalent in DL. I hadn't ridden it since the crash test dummies and I didn't even know they were gone.

That was it for the rides. I know, I know, we missed a lot. We just booked a trip in September so I'm hoping we can ride everything we missed. But I was so excited for WS that we moved onto there.

We had lunch at San Angel Inn. It was raining again pretty hard and I thought it would be fun to be next to the pyramid.
Even though the tables are so close together and its VERY dark,( like need your phone to read the menu kind of dark) I loved it.

For the starters we ordered the Queso Fundido. It's a melted cheese dip with chorizo. This was good but REALLY greasy. I wouldn't get it again but DH said it was the only thing he liked.

We also got the Empanadas covered in mole. I don't see it on the menu on Allears but as of May it was on the lunch menu. I wanted to try mole sauce. This was the only thing I didn't like and it's just a taste preference. I guess I just don't like mole. It was cooked well and without the sauce it would have been delicious.

Sorry, I forgot to take pics of the appetizers.

Chips and Salsa

Nothing on the menu appealed to my DH so he got what he thought would be the safest thing. For his entree he got the Mexican Combo. It came with braised short rib, Chili relleno and a chicken tamale. He absolutely hated it. He didn't even eat most of it. Which is a big rarity for him. I was to busy happily eating my meal to try his but I did feel bad he didn't like it.

The Mexican Combo

For my entree I got the Pescado A La Talla, which is described as
"achiote marinated catch of the day served with creamy poblano potatoes and plantains topped with queso fresco and crema Mexicana"

This was phenomenal. It was my favorite meal of the trip. If I remember correctly, the fish that day was snapper and it was cooked perfectly and the achiote spice was subtle and delicious. The Plantains were amazing but my favorite was the potatoes. Oh my gosh! I could eat these everyday. The sauce was spectacular. Honestly, I loved this so much that I would always make this my Epcot meal. Unfortunately, my DH hated his meal so much he doesn't want to go back. He said I could book it for our September trip and he would just eat the cheese dip but I feel too bad to do that.

Pescado A La Talla

The potato is the green thing with the white cheesy sauce. It was think wide slices of potato. The plantains are in the bottom right. YUMMMY!! I wish I could have this meal again right now.

I will say that the meal took forever. It took a long time to get the apps and then forever to get the entrees. Our waitress was super sweet and so pregnant she looked ready to pop. It wasn't her fault that the kitchen was either slow or backed up. My husband felt so sorry for her. He got mad at the way the world works and didn't like that she would have to work so pregnant. He felt like she should be home with her feet up. He left her a huge tip. I can't remember how much the total was but it was well over $100.00. But of course we did get 2 apps. We used the money Disney had given us for the lost luggage issue and I considered this a free meal!

So my favorite meal was my husbands least favorite. Will we eat there again? I guess I know in a couple of months, lol.

After lunch we walked around WS, spent about 30 minutes in Japan while I decided if I really needed all the odd food in Japan. (I didn't) and then went back to the room. My husband didn't get the wonder and charm of Epcot. I was a little disappointed in his reaction, but to each there own. His favorite park ended up being HS, which is my least favorite. Opposites attract?

Up next, "Wrong! The castle is NOT the same size as Disneyland's!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!