• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why Disneyland instead of WDW?

lucyanna girl

<font color=blue>My hair looks like Tigger spit ou
DD and I love WDW and have been 6 times in the last 2 years. We have never been to Disneyland. Other than the fact that we have never been, can you give me some good reasons to make the change?

Here's a list of really good reasons to come to DL.

1. It's the only Disney them park that Walt Disney was ever at. He oversaw the construction, spent a lot of time there, and even slept there. While he did have a big part of the initial design of MK in WDW, he wasn't around to oversee the construction.

2. DL is charming, much more so than MK. The fact that it is smaller makes it seem cozier.

3. In most cases, for the attractions that both have, DL's versions are superior, especially Pirates of the Carribean and Space Mountain. The only attractions I give MK tops on are Splash Mountain and Big Thunder. Otherwise, DL gets the nods.

4. DL has more attractions than MK. Add DCA into the mix, and you've got about the same amount as all 4 WDW parks combined.

5. Better entertainers. Way better entertainers (therefore, better shows). DL has a much larger talent pool to draw from, therefore, all the entertainment CMs actually have talent--they can sing, play instruments, are great comedians, can act, etc... While at WDW, at many shows only one or two of the performers are actually wearing microphones, at DL they ALL do. DCA's Aladdin has performers from Broadway.

6. Summers aren't so humid (it very rarely rains during the summer, so, no need for ponchos unless you just don't want to get wet on the water rides). Yes, it gets hot, but if you're used to humidity, it won't seem bad at all to you.

Hope that's enough to convince you.

Plus, it's not nessisary to stay on site. You can get a great deal off site that won't hurt your wallet, plus you can walk across the streets to the parks!

Plus if DL gets too crowded, just walk across the way to DCA...DCA won't be terribly too crowded, plus you don't have to take a bus to go to another park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter