Why Disney? Why?

Doesn't bother me at all. But I don't try and book an ADR to get pre park opening perks (whatever those might be) and I have found a late breakfast to work the best. Having breakfast at 10 am gives me the option of sleeping in or hitting the parks at whatever opening time ends up being. Get to the park for 8, ride a few rides, and then have a great breakfast!

More hours can interrupt plans.

One trip, I had planned on eating dinner during fireworks, surprising my hubby. then like less than a month before the trip, the hours changed, and the fireworks time was changed. could not get the new ressie time, so my super romantic 10th anniversary surprise to my hubby...Was ruined.

oh well.

Doesn't bother me at all. But I don't try and book an ADR to get pre park opening perks (whatever those might be) and I have found a late breakfast to work the best. Having breakfast at 10 am gives me the option of sleeping in or hitting the parks at whatever opening time ends up being. Get to the park for 8, ride a few rides, and then have a great breakfast!

Basically a PPO just means you're at a restaurant IN the park before opening. There's no official perk but it makes it easier to be front of the line IF your reservation time is early enough and finished before the park officially opens.

Last year MK hours were extended to 11pm or midnight until the week after easter and then 10pm rest of month . Im expecting same as run weekend is weekend after easter

Oh thanks for the info. Let's hope that happens. We arrive April 10th-20th. Fingers crossed

Disney releases park hours. You make park by park plans including dinning reservations. You make fastpasses. Then about 45 days before your trip, Disney changes the park hours throwing things into chaos. Anyone else annoyed by this? I've heard all the reasons why they do this and they don't seem valid to me. Why can't they either come out with the hours and leave them alone or delay coming out with them. Just don't change them!
I'm sure it's based on the number of tickets sold for that time period and number of reservations made. If the volume is higher than originally predicted, they nudge the time. I've been in the park when they did an unannounced extended hours, keeping the park open 2 more hours than what the signs and online said even that morning because the park had been so unexpectedly crowded that day. I talked to cast members and they said that during those peak times, they all have an agreement to work late if a change is made, and it often is. Rope drop is regularly earlier than the posted time - and again - if they know the park is going to be extra crowded, they do it even earlier than normal.

I actually keep hoping Disney expands its morning hours since RotR is opening up when I'm there. But I wasn't planning on it at the time, so I can understand being annoyed at changes (especially those that lost their reservations because of the media event the day before its opening).
I'm hoping for that too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts