Why didn't somebody tell me this???

planning06

Mouseketeer
I am not an AP holder but I want an AP since I will be visiting in September 05 and then again August 06. I thought to take advantage of the MYW + dining package I had to buy a 1 day base ticket AND and AP and then save the 1 day base ticket for sometime in the future. I just talked to a CM and he said that all I had to do was go to Guest Services at checkin and upgrade my MYW ticket to a AP ticket and I only pay the difference in the price of the two. That will save me $178 (2 adults, 1 child). Yeah! :cool1:

wow! That's awesome...it sure pays to research and get all the details, huh?

I love saving money!

I have to call and just make sure that is true. I never even thought of that! I was worried about buying those 1 day passes, I need 5, and losing them before it was time to renew our AP's. We haven't bought our AP's yet so if what you say is true, I can just take those 5 1 day base tickets and upgrade them to AP's upon arrival. That would be wonderful.

Thanks for the info!!!

Has anyone actually done this? I understand this is the deal but I'm just wondering about the check in process. I'm pretty sure you can't take care of the AP purchase at the hotel itself, you need to do it at guest services of the first park (or DTD?) you go to (i.e. the ticket booth). So, I'm wondering do you have to ask for some special handling of your ticket - do you need to ask them NOT to put the one day pass on the room key ("key to the world") or does guest services know how to handle changing the code on the card key or whatever??? Anyone out there actually do this yet?

After several calls, I think I have the correct information on this.

Annual Passes are not sold at the resorts at all. You can upgrade a ticket, that is part of a package, to an Annual Pass, but it has to be done at the park, prior to using the ticket.

Francine

Do you think someone could use 1 or 2 of the one day MYW tickets and apply that to the AP? We already have our kids AP's and need one for 2 adults. That would leave us with 3 useless child MYW one day passes. If they could apply those funds to our AP's too, that would be great.

Christy princess:

Can the 1 day tickets be saved? Could I just not use it this trip, but use it on the next trip, after my AP has expired? Or, could it be applied towards the purchase of a longer MYW ticket at that time? Or does the upgrade need to be done right away? TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter