Why did you pick out the names you used for your children?

They're both named after some of our favorite characters from books. My daughter after someone from Timothy Zahn's Star Wars books, my son after Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series.

We didn't want very common names and no names with weird spellings.

Guilty as charged with my lovely niece's name, but it wasn't my fault! When my sister told me what they were going to name the baby (she was 7 months pregnant at the time), my jaw dropped and I said "WHAT?"
My parents had considered naming my brother Christopher ___ (dad’s first name). When he was born they decided to name him after my dad instead. So my grandmother started telling people that his name was ____ Christopher (assuming they just reversed the two). My mom corrected her while in the hospital room with several members of my dad’s family, “No, his middle name is Fred, not Christopher.” Grandma started ranting “What?! Fred! Who the *** would name a baby Fred?!”

:rotfl:It’s my dad’s middle name and his grandfather’s name. So awkward.... We joked about it for years.

Son #1 named after my paternal great grandfather and grandmother (it was their last name)
Son #2 named after something we feel strongly about
Son #3 we loved the meaning of his name and felt that it fit the circumstances of his adoption and overcoming adversity

DS14 is named after my father, who died just before he was born.

DS12's name is very unusual; about six months before I got pregnant with him I had a dream, and woke up and said to my DH "We're going to have another child, and we have to name it ________" So it was going to be that name whether he was a girl or a boy.

DD10 is named after a prominent figure in the civil rights movement.

I named my daughter Tara from the home in Gone with the wind. I think I named my son Micheal because I liked the name.

:laughing: That reminds me of a CB thread once where sisters-in-law were locked in a death-match over a daughter's name that one claimed the other "stole" from her. I certainly hope you stopped speaking to your cousin immediately and got the entire rest of your family embroiled in the drama. Apparently that's how these things are done. ;) BTW, Natalie Isabel is an absolutely lovely name. :flower3:
Thank you! Couldn't blame my cousin ; we all loved the name Isabel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!