Why did Disneyland no longer have Billy Hill And The Hillbillies perform at The Golden Horseshoe?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
I have often wondered why Billy Hill And The Hillbillies no longer perform at The Golden Horseshoe at Disneyland? Because they seemed to be a really funny act for The Golden Horseshoe and I remember going there once and seeing them perform and they were talented and funny and my dad got picked to perform with them in the show. But then Billy Hill And The Hillbillies show got removed from The Golden Horseshoe and replaced with a Woody's Roundup show based on Toy Story 2 and then Billy Hill And The Hillbillies returned to perform at The Golden Horseshoe for the final time at Disneyland and then retired. Is this because Disneyland wanted to give Billy Hill And The Hillbillies a bigger contract but they couldn't take it? I did read that Billy Hill And The Hillbillies are now doing a show at Knotts Berry Farm and they are still awesome. What caused the demise of this show at The Golden Horseshoe at Disneyland?

I don't know, but I'm guessing it's money related. I am pretty sure the BH group didn't want to leave DLR. It wasn't their choice, or so I've heard, and they were extremely popular so it stands to reason they didn't retire from DL voluntarily. One explanation that was kicked around was that people were spending too much time watching The Billies and not spending...er, experiencing other offerings at the resort or something along those lines.

Billy Hill was always one of my favorites, and I went to the show almost every time I visited Disneyland. I still have their jokes in my head lol. I think when they originally left I heard it was a contract issue.

Blast was awesome!

I used to see The Fab Four in Tomorrowland, and they were so great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter