Why can't you be this happy at home? 8/1-8/11

monorailsilver

DIS Veteran
This is my first ever trip report and my last for a while since we are on the 5 year Disney plan...so sad...so very sad! But my oldest is graduating next year and wants to go to DL for that so we shall see.

Anyways, it has been 5 long, very long and tortuous years that we have not seen the mouse. OK maybe 4 as we took the autotrain to my sisters in 2014 and stopped for lunch in the then DtD but it had to be quick, so lunch, do a 360 view with my head and we were out with in an hour.

So the trip (I am sure it will be BORING to read):

Myself-46, mother of 3, RN, first Disney Trip was 1975, stayed at Poly. That is me with my cousin in the picture when you could swim in the water. BTW, I am the one with the Dorothy Hamill hair cut. We went many times growing up and stayed off site once in the 80s. Most trips have been to the Poly the last week of July/first week of August when Sikorsky shut down (I live in CT and family members worked there so that is when we went). So like you all, I love Disney but just can fathom the price to go more often. I am not a huge thrill ride person anymore but can deal with some tamer ones.

1609972_767531759958167_6801055693053307639_n.jpg

DH-50, has worked at the same company since he was 16, hates Disney but goes because it makes me happy "Why can't you be this happy at home"...OK I did snap a few times at him this trip because he went the wrong way or I was tired or my feet hurt or whatever but in general I was happy and had no neck/back stress the entire trip. DH does love certain things and certain foods, etc...still hates Disney. We did get engaged there in 1999 on a hammock on the Poly Beach (that hammock is no longer there).

DD17-she is 17, lets just say attitude still is present and would sleep all day if I let her but she knows better at Disney then to sleep when she could avoid lines early am. She will be a senior this year. She tore her ACL the end of March playing soccer, we went to FL (Ft. Myers) in April and while she was walking on the beach, she slipped and heard a pop so we weren't sure if she tore more. But surgery was 3 days after we got back from FL and the doctor saw no more tears in there. She wants to be a Physical Therapist but her MD and the PA told her that she will cap out on salary but the first 2 yrs of schooling are the same. This is her 5th trip. She still loved to sleep mid day this trip, longer if I let her but I only let her take short naps.

DS14-He goes with the flow, he and the above dd are now the thrill riders of the family, I am good with that. He will be a sophomore this year (he will be 15 in September). He would like to be a pilot. This is his 4th trip. He loved playing volleyball this trip.

DD12-She is entering middle school/7th grade. She is the most dramatic, aka cries and pouts. Makes life enjoyable to say the least. She wants to be a vet that does not take care of snakes. This is her 3rd trip. She loved using her magic band. Seriously, she would go get the popcorn refill just to use the MB!

All in all our kids are good kids when we are in public. DH and I have always been told that. We were even lucky in Disney when they were younger as they didn't cry. DH and I kept looking and commenting to each other on the crying kids in the evening hours in strollers. It was hot and they were probably there all day so the kids were miserable-we always did and still do a mid day break to recoup.

RESORT: 5 nights at the BC followed by 5 nights at the Poly, standard rooms booked thru the super secret TA.

Next day 1 (I will probably finish most of this today as it is raining and I am avoiding the grocery store but I need to go with in the hour...).

Last edited:
Day 1:

Travel day started at 3:30am. We had a 7:05am flight out of Bradley/Hartford. It was originally 8am and then got moved back to 7:45 and about 1-2 months prior to our trip I woke up one weekend morning and everyone was still asleep in my house so I looked on my phone to check the flight and make sure we still had seats and I just laughed. I think I woke dh up a little but when he woke up I broke the news to him and the kids that it was now earlier. I was happy.

We debated on staying at the airport but in the end we opted not to. We also took a drive up there as my dh last flew the end of March and didn't pay attention to the cheaper lots as he likes the more expensive parking garage. I was looking at saving some money since we always park in the garage in April...$200 later we get our car back (11 days). We were planning on one of the 2 near the garage but in the end we left about 10 min late. The airport is about 50 minutes depending on the pedal to the metal of the driver (not me).

So with the plane leaving at 7:05, dh wanted to be at the airport for 5:30, why??? I don't know??? We all had TSA precheck which made my packing the day before so much easier as all the liquids were in our rolled suitcases. DH just drove to Derby, VT a few weeks prior to get his global entry for work as he may be going to Saudia Arabia soon. So I think that helped.

His alarm went off at 3:30am. OK I was thinking 4am and he could shower first, I could grab the 2 water containers that he and our oldest used the day before and then while he is getting ready I would shower because that is usually how we do it and I am usually dressed before him. But no, he went to the library but I still had him shower first and I grabbed the stuff we needed and I showered (I think or did I shower first, that was so long ago I don't recall). We put all 4 suitcases in the van the night before and left one out to put in the 2 water bottles.

We left our house at 4:40-45 so my dh just went straight to the main garage like I knew he would. We got to the airport at about 5:30. TSA precheck line was amazing! The non TSA line was so long. I was shocked, it was so early. We stopped at McD's in the airport past TSA (either that or Dunkin) and got breakfast. I was planning on making 2-4 dozen muffins to bring but time got away from me.

6:08am they were happy considering they/we all didn't turn off the lights until 10:30-11 the night before.

38230745_10156181439162795_9068706003918258176_n.jpg

We had no checked bags. They asked if anyone wanted to gate check and my dh said we should just because we were one of the last to board in rows 7&8 and we might not have space. But there was and I wish we did.

We landed at about 9:30 but it took forever to taxi in because we were in Orlando. We went to the bathroom and finally got to our first ride at 10:03am (thank goodness for time stamped phone pictures):

38121344_10156181805862795_5912854194770935808_n.jpg

So remember how I said I wish we did not check our bags at the gate. Well we went down to get them (I had my ME tags just in case but I didn't want to deal with waiting for the bags to come if our room was ready). How many flights were at our baggage claim? Two others besides ours-JFK and somewhere else along the east coast, it may of been LGA. So they arrived before us and it felt like it TOOK FOREVER and someone, ie me, was getting impatient. But then after what seemed like 3 hours, it was probably only 15-20 min, someone from our plane had her bag and our 5 came out next. While we were waiting I told everyone to have on their magic band for DME, not everyone listened!

We went back up the escalator crossed to the other side and DME. Hmm..dh did not listen and had to fish his band out of his bag for DME! We must of missed the bus because we were the 3rd family in line. But then after about 10 min (I think??) we got on a bus and waited maybe another 5-10 min.

I had a front row, not sure why the people in front of me didn't take either one. And at 11:11 we saw this wonderful sign:

38162954_10156181953872795_3062036039636877312_n.jpg

We had to stop at the BW first and then the BC at 11:24

38125816_10156181976892795_5507519078572490752_n.jpg

Surprise, our room was ready and I was ready to swim!

We, OK me, unpacked. Got on our bathing suits. DD17 wanted to sleep but I told her she needed to eat lunch first. So all 5 of us went to Hurricane Hanna's. The kids each got a kids burger meal (we did not do dining, I had a bunch of free disney gift cards that I earned on various rewards sites-$1900), dh got a buffalo chicken wrap and I think I got a chicken sandwich which I think was a bit dry.

DD17 went back to the room to nap, dh went with her to "work" which he did a little but he really should of just napped. Myself and ds14 and dd12 went to the pool. I had bought a little lock for my pool bag at Target and it wrapped perfectly around the posts of all the chairs. Best $15 I spent (if it was that much). You know I didn't want to just leave our phones under shirts/towels.

DS started to play volleyball. He had so much fun. They both played some pool games that day and that was the only day there that they played pool games. Otherwise it was volleyball, slide or lazy river.

I have not been to the BC since 1990. Our boat driver back then to the Studios told us of some great Boardwalk that was going to be built. I can still see myself (1990 version of me) looking at all the trees saying "really??" in my brain.

DH and I decided to rent a car. We wanted some groceries/water and toiletries. I was going to do instacart but that was no longer an option. We decided to go to the Super Target on the west side of Disney and it had a Publix across the street if there was something else we needed. DH walked to the dolphin, while I swam with the kids. He is not a big pool person so it wasn't like I was doing something he wanted to do. He was back with in the hour with the car.

I made the kids go to the room since we had to shop. DS wanted to come and the girls stayed behind, how many trips to the marketplace to fill up their mugs did they make??? I am sure quite a few!

We got 3 cases of water, breakfast foods, all our toiletries, dh was feeling a bit of plugged ears so he got sudafed and by that point it was around 4:30-5 and we had a 6:30 ADR at Chef Mickeys. But we were driving and I knew it would be a quick drive. DH drove ds and I up to the front entrance. We left the 3 cases of water in the car and brought in the groceries. DS has some food allergies so we got him his butter since he always misses out on buttering rolls/bread when we go out. I put his butter in a baggie and we all went back downstairs and it was pouring at this point. Cats and dogs pouring.

We got to the CR, not sure how since DH couldn't see the road and we waited in the car for about 10 min. I think it was nearly 6 at this point. I told him I wanted to go in because I wanted to check in early as we were all tired. It was still raining pretty good, our ponchos were in our BC room, our umbrella that I thought about packing at about 1am in my sleep was in CT so off we went in the rain. We got a bit soaked, shoes were soaked from the puddles we were walking thru. But we made it.

Dinner at CM was uneventful but the little couches are not meant for big people to sit in. I wasn't sure if I could get up!!

DS OD'd on shrimp (and bread). The girls ate a variety of things. I think my fav was the lobster mac and cheese (I think it was lobster). Oh and the kids chicken strips. They were happy and wanted to go here. Originally we had WCC but with all the changes I was afraid and that is what my kids like-antics! So our most expensive meal was now complete. But it was free since I had free Disney money.

The Chef made my ds a special dessert. Seriously it was awesome! What was funny was that he was sitting next to me talking to me as my ds was up getting shrimp and dh was on the other side of me and he said "look he is from XXX" the city next to my town. He said his mom just bought a house in my hometown. DH thinks it is crazy that everywhere we go we meet someone from my town or in this case the chef's mother that we did not meet.

It is hard to see by the picture but it was all sparkly and for a 14 yo boy, he thought that it was pretty cool!

0f8a2571fff726ea2118c1d7b3c74c74.jpg

After we couldn't move anymore. If you were in the CR, it was me moaning! My 17 yo even said "I look pregnant." We slowly walked thru the shops and for the first time we walked outside to view the MK. I had never been there. Pretty cool. Sadly I forgot to take a picture with the metal Mickey by the pool area. My ds reminded me on Friday but I was DONE and just wanted to swim/take a break from walking/parks.

We drove back to the BC, walked in our water and the kids showered and we went to bed fairly early since we had an early morning of magic!

Last edited:
Day 2, Thursday, August 2:

When I planned our trip 5 years ago (I am already planning my next trip and deciding how many days at each resort), I was planning on 12 days because my sister was supposed to come and she was only going to come for 5 days and our Poly days. I think I was planning on a Thursday/Friday arrival with a Monday/Tuesday departure. She was planning on M-F so we would move to the Poly on Monday. But my niece went to Italy for the month for school and is still there til the end of this month so they didn't come. So because of that I could choose different days depending on the cost of the flights. I picked the cheapest days and we went for 11 days instead of 12. Last time in 2013 was 10 days and I convinced my dh we needed another non park day so now I have 4 years (booking in 4 years) to convince him on 12 days. He was done on day 9/10 this trip. I was not! Although I missed my king bed and water pressure and cold water to brush my teeth but that is FL and every April when we visit my sister its the same thing minus the king bed.

Day 2 started with me getting up at 5:15, dh got up at 5:30 but I should of woke him at 5:15 since he takes longer then me. Me=shower, dressed and hair combed with gel in it with in 15 min. Him=library, shower, get dressed, lotion face/body, shave (I shaved in the shower), recheck everything in about an hour or so it seems. While he was showering I was filling the water containers with ice. We have the thermos ones so they stay nice and cold.

The initial plan was to take the boat or walk but since we still had the rental car we drove over to DHS. I wanted to be there for 6:15. I think we left at 6:15 but that was OK because TSL didn't open that morning til 6:45 or that is when they walked us over.

1d2a06d6e1298fddb8469cbdf0b5778e.jpg

My son giving buzz a high five on our walk in:

abc6df07fa877513431e475752f9c9a2.jpg

I think we were on the 3rd ride in.

af7ddf5f88f714547a02a2b507d10413.jpg

We opted not to go on it again. My 12 yo was really frightful this entire trip and wouldn't go on some rides (she is the one looking at me in the picture above). So this did her in. She screamed the entire ride-she sat with dh I sat with a stranger who arrived in the wee hours of the night. I thought it was fun!

We took a picture with this wall:

df7f26e7a1367146e9e728c55e3e6b81.jpg

Then we went to Alien's next with no wait. Took a picture with Woody & Jesse and then Buzz.

a1024ecb529e6c70f6e20202111dfb73.jpg

5b75cbf3356f63466764c83ab12926da.jpg

5db549dc5f52753346985c18dfc905d3.jpg

Hit the bathroom since we already drank a ton of water just walking and waiting. Then TSMM 3 times in a row, the last one was our 8am FP. The last time we went on it it was just the 5 of us and I scored the highest in the car. I think 150,000 or 160,000.

Had to get the Popsicle wall:

231d36e9faf7eaba3dd25bc57d8c4e12.jpg

We left TSL at 8:10.

We headed to our next FP which was Muppets and enjoyed sitting and in a/c. About 2 weeks before we went my Left foot was achy. I believed it was the start of plantar faciatis. How lucky could I be? I tried to stay off my foot as much as possible. But I had a course at UCONN that I was taking and on our first day they let us out early because of the pending storm. There ended up being a F0 (don't laugh midwesterners) tornado in the town just north of us. But we ran to the car in the garage that was about 1/2 mile away and the continuous heavy pounding just made my foot worse. I tried ice and elevation until our trip and it got better but the walk to TSL just made it more achy again. So the sitting was fabulous! I was able to move muppets up a little sooner But I couldn't move my kids fast pass any sooner so I didn't try to move ours.

After the muppets we took pictures with Minnie & Mickey and Olaf as well as the Florida snowman on the way back from the muppets. None of my kids are huge Frozen fans but we had time to kill.

DD17 and DS14 went on RnR while dh, myself and DD12 were planning on the Little Mermaid. Both FP were for 10:10 and we were early so we sat in the shade and our kids sat in the shade waiting near RnR. By that point we were tired and hot so we opted to skip Little Mermaid and just tap in (we didn't want to see it anyways) and went to walk thru the cool stores which was so nice! Our kids finally arrived and we left at around 10:30.

We drove to the dolphin and returned the car. Made another bathroom pit stop and walked to the boats. DH asked if I wanted to walk and I was good with a NO! The boat arrived in no time and we got back to the BC. Myself and the younger 2 went to the pool. Oldest and dh stayed in the room (again). We had Beaches and Cream for 1:10 so we had some time to swim but we had to wait to be seated because I checked in early.

I knew the BC didn't have a great selection of QS. Originally we were going to eat at the 50's prime time but I changed it about a month or so before we went. My oldest is picky so she would have the salad, but she isn't fully into Caesar. I would eat that as well but I figured this was the better option this trip. The kids all got burgers. DH and I got the Turkey Club. We got a turkey sandwich from the Marketplace a few days later for lunch to split since it was huge and dh thinks it was pretty much the same turkey we paid twice the price for (the sandwich at the marketplace was $8.49, couldn't beat that!).

1cacb7547a3f3ae81b51ebddfaf4f523.jpg

See child in the middle, unhappy, moody, PO'd. It's because I told her we were not getting ice cream after lunch because we ate so much that we were full. She wanted the kitchen sink and there was no way we would finish it. I promised her ice cream from the take out window the next day on our pool day.

After we ate, we went back to the pool for a bit. DH went to the room (surprise) and I think my oldest may of too even though she had on her bathing suit. Maybe she stayed for a bit and then got tired and left us???

We were headed to Epcot that evening. Normally we don't go there until around 5-6 but my dh and ds had a date with Dive Quest for 4:30. They had to be at the front of the main gate at guest relations by 4:15. We left at 3:30. I had told my dh about the super secret exit/entrance at the BC. So we walked the interior corridor but didn't make a turn so exited to the heat too soon to the international gateway. I made note of the door and the gate/fence/walkway we needed to walk in when we left that evening. Then my dh who wanted to be early said "we have time, lets stop in ice station cool". They spent maybe 5 min there. They were the first to arrive at the gate at 4. We left them before space ship earth as I made us a Soarin' FP. My youngest got a little nervous initially on Soarin but she was fine after that (she was 7 her last visit and was fine on all the coasters we took her on, not sure what happened). We had to be in the seas by 5:30 to see them swim. We got off Soarin' at about 4:45 so we still had time and went on Living with the Land (again sitting down was fabulous for my feet).

We got to the seas at about 5:10 and went upstairs to the waiting area. Then we heard someone scream "shark bait coming through". I didn't realize what they meant but then I saw wet suits and took the blurry picture of dh and screamed his name. DS was behind him/covered by the person at the end.

25e3cafa81a11f28ff17252b91430c06.jpg

It took about 10-15 min before they went in the tank. When I made the reservation it said they are best seen from the walkway and I even read that too. But I went to the circle area of the tank (where they went up the stairs) and started to see fins just getting in the water so I tried to text my girls but...no service...so I had to run and get them as they were still sitting in the walkway windows. The dive masters swam them around the tank and then let them roam. DH was trying to get DS to stand on the Mickey but my son was not understanding him!

97da745b9dfa0293c669ff4eb319e8d8.jpg

I probably took 1000 pictures and tons of video but this was one of my favs when I was looking thru them.

38250007_10156185232967795_8460085640308981760_n.jpg

Who knew bubbles make Mickey Ears on my DH!

They came out with in the hour. But while we were waiting for them we rode Nemo and Friends just because.

We sat outside in the heat to wait because it was the only place to sit. They came out with their new dive shirts, a pin, a sticker for their dive book and my dh bought the DVD. He said I was in it too because the photographer/videographer took me out of the tank and him in the tank but he apparently zoomed in on the wrong kids outside the tank and my ds didn't come up for the picture/video..I guess it's hard to talk underwater.

When they came off we were all hungry. We went to the Sunshine Seasons and maybe because it was late (7:30), there was not an abundance of food. Myself and the girls got 2 sandwiches and split them 3 ways. DS got some kind of BBQ-chicken or ribs??? He said it was OK. I can't recall what my dh got. Then we went on Soarin' again since I got another FP.

After that we headed back to the countries to watch Illuminations. I wanted to stop in England or Canada to watch but my dh kept walking. There were a few spots here and there. We ended up on the bridge between England and France and were against the back side of it which was fine. Then we walked back to the BC when it was over. We went in the super secret entrance and were thrilled to be in A/C. Our room was the 4th floor near the ice machine facing the front entrance.

We went to bed shortly after we got back and the next day was a pool day which meant they could all sleep in!

Last edited:
My family loves Dive Quest too! They have gone it many times over the years. DD's favorite is interacting with the guests. I am not certified, so I get to watch.

Great trip report so far!

Following along! Please share how you earned the Disney gift cards, I am always looking for ways to earn extra for our trips. I use Ibotta and redeem Starbucks and then take surveys to earn Southwest points. But Disney gift cards would be even better!!. Can't wait to read more :)

Loving your report! Looks like an amazing trip for your family! 11 days would be heavenly! We stayed at the Beach Club back in 2015 but had a deluxe CL room with a sweet TA deal as well. We enjoyed it but love the YC side even more. You can't beat that pool though! I can't wait to hear about your Poly adventures....I am heading there next week on a solo trip and can't wait. :)

I'd love to hear about your gift card strategy as well. That is a really smart way to budget for a trip!

I'm going to come back and read your report...may I make a suggestion? Can you bold your print for us old folks that have trouble seeing? :) I have to come back when my eyes are a little more open to read, lol. But it sounds like a fun trip! And I can so see people asking me that same thing about why are you not this happy at home?

OK, had some caffeine, eyes were a little more open, so got to read! How fun! The Epcot Dive looks AWESOME!

Last edited:

My family loves Dive Quest too! They have gone it many times over the years. DD's favorite is interacting with the guests. I am not certified, so I get to watch.

Great trip report so far!

My husband and son had fun. They are newly certified as of last August. We went to FL in April and my sister and her dh are scuba divers as well. We went to Key Largo for 2 days (one night) and 2 days of diving for them. First day dh and ds went diving with my sister (her dh was working) and did Christ Abyss. We snorkeled on that trip. My dh swallowed water (?) and just felt yucky after. So he threw up I think either before or after their second dive. So he did not go the next day. My oldest didn't go (she was about 3 weeks post torn ACL so was still nervous) and they stayed at the hotel with my mother (she sat on the boat). My younger dd and I went with them and we snorkeled while they did scuba. The waves were a little bigger so I am glad my older dd didn't go even though she used noodles to hold her up. I didn't like the waves nor did my stomach but I was upstairs and used a towel and felt much much better!!

Then we went to Singer Island for 23 hours (I kid you not) and I need to book that place for next April. My sister's dive person is there so they dove there. My son went 60 feet..he wasn't ready for 60 feet yet but...OK. My dh didn't go because he was concerned with the boat rocking. My sisters dh came and met them (they live in Ft. Myers) and they did 2 dives. So I figured Dive Quest would be good for my husband to ease into it again. He said he would do it again.

Following along! Please share how you earned the Disney gift cards, I am always looking for ways to earn extra for our trips. I use Ibotta and redeem Starbucks and then take surveys to earn Southwest points. But Disney gift cards would be even better!!. Can't wait to read more :)

I used Mypoints and got $100 Landrys for our T Rex dinner (our meal cost $106+ tip), sunshine rewards, and then I got Target gift cards from Swagbucks and this other app that is no longer does that and I think between my dh and I we did $30/month for about 2 years. Plus the Disney Visa. I am back to Sunshine watching videos on another window as I type this. My goal is $5000 for our trip in 5 years. Not sure if it is going to happen but I am going to stress to DH to tell his family for Christmas if they insist on getting me a gift card gift then to get me Disney ones, all Disney ones. I don't need Homegoods, well I like it but I'd rather go on vacation then have something I have to dust.

Loving your report! Looks like an amazing trip for your family! 11 days would be heavenly! We stayed at the Beach Club back in 2015 but had a deluxe CL room with a sweet TA deal as well. We enjoyed it but love the YC side even more. You can't beat that pool though! I can't wait to hear about your Poly adventures....I am heading there next week on a solo trip and can't wait. :)

I'd love to hear about your gift card strategy as well. That is a really smart way to budget for a trip!

I haven't been to the BC since 1990. I have been trying to get my dh to do a split but he always said no. I told him it was a little cheaper and he heard that and said OK. He didn't like it at first but after being in the Poly pool he said he likes the BC better since there were less kids on the other side of the bridge. But the room was smaller then the Poly so we didn't like that.

I'm going to come back and read your report...may I make a suggestion? Can you bold your print for us old folks that have trouble seeing? :) I have to come back when my eyes are a little more open to read, lol. But it sounds like a fun trip! And I can so see people asking me that same thing about why are you not this happy at home?

OK, had some caffeine, eyes were a little more open, so got to read! How fun! The Epcot Dive looks AWESOME!

Will do...My eyes are old too, I have multifocal contacts. Must take kids to dentist first though.

DAY 3, a much needed rest/pool day!

To say we were tired was an understatement. Between getting up at 3:30am on Wednesday and not going to sleep until 9-10 that night and then to start off our first park day nice and early...yes we were tired!

Plan for today was to sit at the pool and do nothing and then go to Disney Springs for dinner. I haven't been to DS since it has been remodeled but my DH has been a few times since he has been in the area for work.

I started out my day doing much needed laundry! We only brought 4 outfits each and already wore 3 of them between arrival day and our park day. Our room was near the lobby elevator but on the 4th floor-standard room overlooking the front entrance, Juliette balcony. Laundry was not! My laundry basket was overflowing, well almost but it was heavy. I did not realize that there was another elevator I could of taken (I guess if I looked at the map I would know??). So I went down to the lobby past the Marketplace with my basket of dirty clothes. Sorry for anyone eating breakfast then with me walking by. That was the only time I did it.

We had so many clothes that I opted to do 2 loads. I went back to the room and who was up besides me? Um...crickets and snoring, no one. They were all still asleep but it was probably around 6:30. I was already in my bathing suit because I figured if I was going to wash clothes, I might as well wear what I wore to bed.

That lovely laundry link was great! I sat up in the room for a bit in the dark but then I went back down for the last 15 min of wash to hang out in brightness (I bet reading about my laundry morning is so exciting!). I separated my clothes in the 2 dryers-lighter clothes that would dry quicker went in one and heavier ones in the other this way I could move part of the heavy clothes to the other dryer. Someone...me...forgot to turn on the heavy dryer which I noted after I got back to the room. So back down again. I think I had about 5000 steps by the time laundry was done.

Finally they (my family) started to wake up and I knew it was getting to the time for me to go to the pool. I stopped to fill up my mug (water) first. Oh and the BC has far better tasting water out of the machines then the Poly does. I got to the pool at about 9:03 (late for me) and noted there were some people already putting their towels down and then I never saw them swimming or sitting! I got us a nice table by the entrance near B&C. Texted DH where I was, locked my bag to the chair and was the first person in the pool...yet like I said above there were a ton of chairs with towels on them!

I guess I didn't take any pictures other then one of the pool.

61b4f73c92ad29f89a0d4c9be22ed6cb.jpg

I am thinking it was a little overcast which was fine since it was hot but maybe it wasn't that day.

Lunch time was nothing exciting today. DS got a burger (big surprise since that was his main source of food this trip), DH got that while I went to the marketplace and got Flatbreads for myself and both girls and DH a premade ceasar salad. I had seen the sandwiches in the fridge and took note of the size and price to see if DH wanted to split on in 2 days for lunch.

We swam more. I think I got DH into the pool for a bit but he isn't much of a pool person. It was now time for ice cream that I promised them the day before (oh and we have ice cream at home so it's not like it's a rare treat in our life).

My dh didn't want anything as he would have tummy troubles. My oldest took her pill to avoid her tummy troubles and my youngest just wanted! We got the Mini Mickey and my ds got tofutti in a bowl and I brought sprinkles from home because I knew they would not give him any due to cross contamination with nuts.

eaefc7e49819d247f50ba320035af583.jpg

They were happy!

033db1616d0e8f623361be0edea38db5.jpg

We all shared, even DH and it was done it record time. Eating and sharing that with the 4 of us, there was no way I would of been able to eat even a single ice cream the day before.

My ds was also happy because "any place that has my ice cream, I am going to get it." He has a dairy, peanut and treenut allergy-can have cooked dairy as of 2 years ago, no longer has an egg allergy and can eat cashews, pistachios and almonds but the rest he can't nut wise.

930ef33c5ad139fba1610998897471bb.jpg

We got cleaned up after we swam some more as we were headed to DS for dinner. I checked the bus times before we left and knew we had time and there were quite a few people there but we all got on and got a seat.

My dh had told me about all the garages at DS and that it was different. The last time I was there was 2014 and I don't know if they were building the garage but the parking lot was a zoo! We didn't get to stay that long because we were headed to the autotrain which was running late which meant...lunch in Disney. DH still made me hurry so I was able to look where we ate which I think was Rainforest or T Rex, literally look, not stop and go in, look as we speed walk by. We were there for an hour. So sad....

DH wanted Earl of Sandiwich, I sort of did too and the plan was before we left to get sandwiches for lunch the next day for the 4 of us (dh, myself and the girls) and sausage from BB Wolfs for DS since he does not like sandwiches so much. I was not walking back to BB Wolfs to get ds a sausage for dinner. Call me crazy but DH was speed walking by everything "we need to walk this way" when in reality we should of walked by the stores the other way, I think it was quicker.

So the kids and I went to Wolfgang pucks. My DS hates pizza, OK he loves pizza with out cheese or with "his" cheese which is dairy free but since he can eat cooked cheese that was the plan. But he moaned as any 14 yo boy could and would. So he got fish-"it wasn't the best but at least it wasn't pizza". The girls split a pizza but I ate a piece of each (half pepperoni, have just cheese) and I got a ceasar salad since I love theirs. OMG It was huge! I made DH finish it after he ate his sandwich.

We then walked around a bit. I got us a family ornament/trip ornament (Toy Story). We looked in Goofy's-plan was to walk back and get a caramel apple for DH and I to split, candy apple for DS and the girls wanted something-cake pop, marshmallow ??? I didn't want to carry it around as it was hot and I figured it would be goo by the time we got back.

I took some obligatory pictures. My oldest poses for every picture now because she knows I will post it on facebook and her boyfriend will see it as well as some of her friends:

1c08136abb5dd351f4d64126d1018892.jpg

ce72fb6647edb4d2f1fcc80f1e684692.jpg

WoD was so disappointing since its in reno mode. I always stay to myself to just skip it and shop in mousegears. My kids had money to burn. DS didn't see anything he wanted so he saved his $75. My oldest saw a few things she wanted for her/boyfriend but she ended up buying just one thing and waited 'just in case' because we were coming back. And my youngest had a really hard time with giving something up. She bought a sketch book at the BC that morning which was 1/3 of her money. She wanted a shirt, a wallet, socks and something else. I made her put back what she couldn't afford and she ended up crying but sorry kid, life lesson! She put back the wallet and the shirt and spent all her money that day. I don't like to buy too much because it ends up being clutter. So I got a frame and the I live in Fantasyland thing (or did I get that in the Christmas shop??)

We left there and DS's back pack, the sinch sac kind was breaking and hurt his shoulders (I told him before we left...). So we had to find him one. He liked this one from UA but I was not spending $75 when he has a nice LL Bean one in our room. We finally found one for about $30 and it wasn't too big.

We were so tired that we never went back to Goofy's or to Earl of Sandwich...oh well. I am not thrilled with the "mall" side of DS because I am not in Disney to shop at those stores (even though we did for a back pack). I like the uniqueness of the Disney shops with all Disney crap, LOL!

We got back to our room at about 9 and needed to get ready for bed as the next day was a park day.

Even though we didn't do much it was a much needed relaxing day.

DAY 4 AK/EPCOT

You may notice a theme that we went to Epcot every park day. My kids asked when we are going to the MK but I told them not until Monday as it was one less ride on the bus. I would of love to have gone this evening.

I totally forgot, our trip had a few hang ups on the book ends. To start off I was extremely stressed between not working as much, not getting a job I so wanted in the school that my kids all went to and my youngest just graduated from in June and we had a party for my mother the weekend before we left. My neck and shoulders were so sore (it was relieved in Disney though and now is coming back!). My oldest still had physical therapy about 35-40 min from us and I was taking her so she didn't have to drive the highway as she doesn't like to.

So Tuesday before we left on Wednesday she has PT. I dropped my son off at his friends near her work (and my dh's work), picked up my dd-she drove herself in the am and then my dh drove me when he went to work and I took her car home. I checked the traffic as we have to go thru a smaller city in town and then near Hartford and traffic looked good so we took the highway vs the back roads. On the way up, about 20 min from our house on highway #1, we saw a tractor trailer down the embankment but saw a tow truck pulling it out or attempting to.

Therapy was over, we stop at Cumberland Farms to get a drink/snack for the ride home (it is after 5 now) and I check traffic on 91S in CT and Middletown on Rt9South because it was evening rush hour. Traffic on 91 was fine but the connector to get there was not and Middletown was busy so we just took the back way over the bridge of the CT river in Middletown.

Remember that tractor trailer. It was still there, I had not checked traffic farther down and there were no signs on the 1/2 mile I was on Rt9 telling me that the highway was pretty much closed down. Guess who passed the exit, the only exit to get off of right at the start of the traffic build up? ME! I did not notice the break lights but did see a car stop and back up and get off. Dumb a$$ me! So we sat and sat and sat, moved a little. I know it was about 6 because my dd texted her boyfriend and told him we would meet him for dinner at about 6:30 since we'd be home at about 6:20. We got home just after 8. Lets just say everyone as we passed the tractor trailer was not going 65, more like 80 and some faster then that. Going to bed at 9 was not happening since I still had a little more to pack.

OK back to Day 4-

We got to Animal Kingdom at 7:40, scanned in and headed the opposite way of everyone else. It was EMH and Pandora was open. Gasp..no one had any interest in riding FoP. I know I wouldn't go on because I would be green. My older 2 have no interest in the movie and because of that had no interest in waiting in line for it and my youngest I knew would not go on now but back when I was making FP she didn't care/had no interest. DH just wanted to see Pandora. I still don't know if he would of went on. I did ask if anyone wanted to do Navi and they asked what it was and I got "NOooos" by the kids. So off to Dinoland.

I had never been there. AK is my least favorite park so it only gets one am on any trips and this was I think the 4th or 5th time we had been here. Still have no love for it. We watied at the rope for 8 and then went to Dinosaur.

Never rode it, my 12 yo sat between dh and I and held each of us. It was fun but she hated it! My other 2 were mad because they didn't know where the camera was other then I told him it was on the right so they didn't get to pose.

The older 2 went on Primeval Whirl. DH and I would of IF there was no twirling at the end. The kids said they would not wait in line for that. My dh took the youngest on Triceratop Spin while I hung out with all the bags. When the older 2 came off I went on it and DH watched the bags.

a79aed0a2c7973d4defe48ac382e38fe.jpg

DH with the white shirt:

66dcd16c048db32c60deca8f45642847.jpg

I am glad we went there and now I know we don't need to go back unless someone wants to ride dinosaur.

We headed to Asia as our first FP was for 9 on Everest. It was about 8:30-8:40, park was not officially open so Everest was a walk on. My dh was skipping it so we were just going to tap in his MB when the time came. But we walked on via standby. Now my 12 year old who hated, hated Slinky wanted to go on this. She went on it when she was 7 and said she loved it. Me...I could do without the reverse in the dark which is why Dh won't go on it. So the 4 of us went.

DS was the star of the moment for Kali:

effee793b7268cb13e1a5bd73fc0dc59.jpg

My older 2 were camera ready and they did pretty good not knowing where it was. My youngest was nervous and I think she regretted saying she liked this ride because I asked her before we went up up up and she said she didn't but I told her that there was no way I could comfort her because I really only went on for her (I didn't tell her that) and that if I turned my head to her I was going to throw up. I think she would rather be scared then have puke all over her. So we got off and it took me about 20 min to get back to normal. I sat in the partial sun/shade area. My dh kept telling me to move to the full shade but I just couldn't so I sipped on my water. My older 2 went on again in stand by and then it was 9 so they used their FP. We were going to give them ours but my oldest came off and said she didn't think she could do it a 4th time in a row where as my son wanted to go and go and go. So the 3 of us tapped in and we made our way to the safari.

I wanted to do the Maharaja jungle trek now or before we left but no one wanted to walk it. I had never done it and my son loves Tigers so it was still in the plan...for now.

I have no pictures because I didn't do photopass, well I have pictures but they have photopass across them.

We stopped to get a treat as we were HOT. Chocolate covered banana for dh and I and the kids got frozen lemonade. At the bathroom pit stop I looked in front of me and said to my 12 yo "isn't that a kid from school?" I couldn't remember his name and she said it and then said yes. She is quiet as is the boy so I told her to go say hi to him. It was funny seeing him there. He was moving to the BC the next day on our pool day but we never saw him.

We continued our way to the safari. I figured we could do Gorilla Falls. We ended up walking for 2 min and turning around. Again, I only walked a little bit of this a few years ago and didn't know how long it really would be. So we waited a bit for our FP window to open and went to the safari.

Again no pictures, I mean we have all seen the animals there, right? But we did see 3 Lions snoozing away. I had never seen that many!

Our last FP was Kali. So we headed back that way but got shaved ice that wasn't good but it cooled us off as we sat and ate it. We stored all our stuff and sadly didn't get soaked. By this time we were DONE. It was probably 11:30. My ds still wanted to go see the tiger but we said no (must do that next time and skip Dinoland). And it's not like he has never seen a tiger in the zoos by us (CT, RI and NY).

DH has been dying to eat at Flame Tree for years. Our first 2 times we ate at Pizzafari and loved it. We got a salad and sandwich and split it but that is no longer an option. My oldest hates BBQ (although her boyfriend made her eat a piece of steak last night, LOL). I told her that there was a spinach and watermelon salad so her groans turn happy at this point.

She got a salad. I had read here that the ribs are easily shareable so I told DH to only get one (we are not on the dining plan) and he and ds would split that and I would get the pulled pork sandwich and give him some. Youngest got a kids meal, most likely a hot dog. We also got fries to share between the 3 of us. Well it was plenty. I gave dh 1/3 of my sandwich. He and ds split the ribs and ds couldn't finish his portion so dh was happy.

I asked dh if he wanted to still go see Pandora before we left the island and he said no (yay, I had no desire). So we left. Bus times don't work in reverse but I looked up the BC and saw that the estimated arrival time so we didn't have to speed walk the long way.

We swam a bit when we got back. DH may have done laundry that day because like I said he isn't a huge pool person.

We had an ADR in Italy for 5:30 at Via Napoli. We have never been able to eat there with kids (and never did without) because of my son with his dairy allergy so now that he can have cooked cheese...pizza was for dinner. Again he moaned but was good and had one piece.

DH got the Sicilian Sunset and let the kids try it, they didn't like it. It was OK but not for me and he wasn't too impressed either. Dh and DS got fried calamari. Us girls don't eat it, wait my oldest will but not all the time. We got yummy bread and oil. Dh and ds also split the stuffed clams for 2. And out came 2 clams. We got half cheese and half pepperoni. We asked for the appetizers to come out with the meal but the appetizers came out first, actually I think we got someone elses or not sure but they screwed up but in the end we got what the boys ordered.

I thought the pizza was delicious. My son who hates pizza liked it. We live in CT the birthplace of pizza and I am picky and it was good!

We left there and meandered our way thru some of the countries. We tired to play a little of Agent P but got stuck in Norway and another family said theirs stopped working then as well. We went to Mexico and rode the ride and then to Spaceship Earth (I think). Then to find a spot for Illuminiations as it was around 8:50 by now. My dh walked and walked and passed a few areas that he could of stopped at. I did tell him I wanted to be near the international gateway for our return back "home" so we watched on the bridge. He had time to get a beer from Canada, it was yucky...I don't drink and if I do I don't like to taste the alcohol.

I just love Illuminations, I love the music. I will be sad to see it go, if it does. We both loved the Tapestry of Nations way back when too.

We made it back to the super secret entrance at the
BC, again no one followed us or was in front of us, puzzled but that is OK. We stayed quiet to not disturb those that were already asleep as that was our goal too.

So far on our park days we had over 20,000 steps and our pool days were just over 10,000 plus swimming. My legs were fine but my feet were sore from that plantar faciatis so a pool day and rubbing my feet in the sand was so needed!

Day 5, pool day

I guess I didn't take as many pictures as I though. I mean I took 1000 of them scuba diving and with the characters, each character got about 20 pictures with my phone.

I opted not to do laundry this morning and sleep in vs waking at 6 ish. DH was fine with that and doesn't mind doing laundry and wanted me at the pool to get a table. I was 3rd in line. Didn't get the table I wanted but I was good with where I sat. I was so sad, today was our last pool day at the BC. Yes we could swim Monday during our mid day break but I really just wanted to get to the Poly.

The Poly is my favorite resort. Stayed there in 1975 when I was 3 1/2 and I just love it. And dh knows that so that is one of the reasons he chose there to propose to me back in 1999.

OK who was first in the pool? ME!! Who left towels on chairs and left the pool area .... not me! My oldest made a friend at the pool, a boy from NJ. He was younger then her. I made sure she told her BF about this new friend but that is all it is. She is "in love" with her boyfriend and I hear bits and pieces of them talking about a house...um she is 17 and he is 18! She already told him when we come back in 5 years he is coming too.

It was an uneventful day at the pool. We ate lunch there, I think I got a lava flow and it was yummy (maybe I got it on the other pool day??), but I sucked it down since the alcohol taste was minimal.

My dh's feet were tired from doing laundry, no kidding, so were mine all the times I did it. So I took pity on him even though my left foot was the sore one. He got ds his hamburger at Hurricane Hannas and I got the girls flat bread pizzas and he and I split the turkey sandwich.

247fe16af85596cacc71d54ea1a0b0c9.jpg

I thought that was a bargain and he thought that it tasted just as good as the club sandwich we got in B&C for half the price. So because of our "light" lunch. Ice cream was due at some point. I got a mickey bar for my youngest and me, my first of the trip. Oldest or dh didn't want anything and ds wanted his ice cream again. She gave him an extra scoop "because it's so hot out" and he ate it all. It was pretty big!

bb4562b80dfb19b8cccfe9d4841bedc7.jpg

Dinner was at DS, T Rex. My son loved that place but I think we are done with it for now as his next trip he will be 18 or 19 and we would like to eat elsewhere...just saying! I had my free $100 landrys gift card from My points and our meal came to $106 with out tip. They even gave DH and the kids their lemonade in to go cups since they got a free refill (I think)...I got water.

DD did her shopping at WoD, we sent her ahead while we were still paying and by the time we got there she was checking out. We went to Goofy's and got our stuff and then we left. I would of loved to have swam that night but we had to pack since we were moving the next day.

I got most things packed minus what we needed for the next morning. I had one suitcase with our bathing suits and clothes for the evening if our room wasn't ready plus our refillable mugs and flip flops for the pool.

Day 6-DHS/EPCOT/MK and moving day

DH didn't want to count on Disney to move our bags so I told him we could take a Minnie Van. He downloaded the app the night before.

My older 2 wanted to ride Slinky and RnR again so I was planning on going Wednesday before we went to the Epcot and dh and younger dd could meet us there). But then I said to them the night before: instead of getting up earlier at the Poly to take a bus over we could just go Monday before Epcot/before we bring our bags down and they were good with that.

I was up at 5:15 showered, for no reason since I gave myself a sweat shower an hour later. Woke the kids up at about 5:30-5:45 and they got dressed. No moans because they like no lines and would rather nap later if needed plus they know they get to sleep in every other day. DH and younger dd were still asleep but DH was waking at 6 to shower and finish packing.

Our thermos bottles were still pretty full from the night before so we just grabbed them and went. I would of went bagless but I need water and I wasn't buying it for Disney prices! I had packed up some of the stuff I used in the zip lock bags this way DH just needed to add some of his toiletries and pack them in the suitcase while we were gone.

The plan was to take the boat over. I told the kids-lets walk inside to the boat dock area. I haven't done that since 1990 so what did I know. Well we found the fitness center and a bathroom that was much closer then the one by Hurricane Hannas from where we were sitting on pool days. The outside one, not the one by Cape May. We ended up walking the rest of the way outside because I just kept missing the doors to go in. That was fine, the sun had not made it's appearance yet.

We get to the boat dock. There were a few other people there. It was so peaceful and since I most likely will never see the boardwalk all lit up at night, this is better:

834af0f4b58490399f12df1ba56d4fab.jpg

More people started to show up and then someone called the front desk. Some one else said they asked the day before if the boat was running and they told her yes. The people that called said the boat wasn't starting until 8:30 but I think they meant 6:30. So at 6:15 we power walked over. Ran for a bit, walked, me=sweated. The sun was slowly rising all to quickly and I wanted to be done with that walk. We make it to DHS around 6:30-6:35.

They opened TSL at 6:50, we rode Slinky. We got stuck here for a little bit, not long, maybe a minute:

86bbe06a5a54d675ef0bc0943da19c93.jpg

I told the kids to go to RnR because it was 7 at this point and I would meet them near the shops. Plus my foot was really sore at this point from the walk over and I wanted to walk slower then them. They said it was a walk on. I sat and watched a lot of people coming in anxiously making their way to TSL in a hurry. I was glad we were done there! They said they easily could of went on again but knew we needed to get back. I know now I could of told the to do it again but oh well.

When we got out there was a BOAT. YAY!! We got on the boat at 7:30 and I had over 10000 steps at this point. My feet were more sore then normal. We ran a little to the boat but I think if we walked he would of waited for us.

We got back to the room and DH had just finished showering...hmmm...nothing was packed so I did that as he was still getting ready. I refilled our water bottles.

I asked him if he wanted to just call bell services and have them pick up our bags and he said no because he would have to give them a tip. Um...hello you gave them a tip when we all brought the bags down and again when we picked them up after epcot...sigh...men!

We got to the IG entrance at about 8:30-8:40 but they were not letting people in too far (the hill we were stuck on). I checked the app at about 8:50 and Test Track was already at a 10 min wait. I closed and opened it again and yep a 10 min wait. So they let the people in the front but not us. I didn't get a FP for test track so that was our first stop. We stupidly followed a family who was walking fast (foot was really sore now) to TT as well but via the path by the Odyssey. Wrong move because the line was filling up and if we went the other way we would be farther up. The wait at that point was 45 or 55 min. We had FEA FP for 9:05 and I knew we would miss it at this point. We all agreed to do single rider as it was 10-15 min. Thankfully my 12 yo agreed too. She ended up in the same car as her sister but we were out in no time.

While we were still inside I took my visor off. My sunglasses..see where this is going...were on my visor and I forgot until I lifted the hat. I checked the seat and the floor of the car and didn't see them. Thankfully they were only $20 CVS ones that I bought in April in Ft. Myers when I forgot mine at home-it was the last thing to pull out of my car as we were driving to the airport. I thought I could make do the rest of the week with out them but with the walk to Norway I realized I couldn't.

We got a little wet on FEA (again no pictures...). Then we headed to our next FP which was Crush. I hate zig zagging thru the park and that was what today was zig zag back and forth.

We stopped in mousegears to get me sunglasses, to look and to cool down. My oldest wanted this minnie back pack but it wasn't there either (its on Amazon for a bit cheaper though). I got sunglasses, DS got them too since his just broke. I wanted fridge magnets that I saw at the BC and saw at mousegears but I didn't want to carry them since I figured the Poly would have them too.

We went to Crush after that/rode the Living Seas Ride. No one wanted to look around since we stared at fish the other night while they were scuba diving and they swam with the fish. But I made them get the only picture in there I needed. They waited in line. See the little girl in blue (I have other pictures with out her), her parents just pushed her up there pretty much and were taking her pictures. I kept saying "little girl can you please move". I don't think she spoke english because I then started to walk up to her and shoo her away because I was taking pictures of MY kids. The dad saw and the moved her and yes spoke in non English (american or british).

646af4e5c163fddffb260cffc5c97dfe.jpg

Then we went to our last FP which was the Character Spot. When I made the FP this was not a Tier 1, it switched a week or two later.

Guess who was excited??? ME...

0d9f892be833edb1cf5193d14a5fd6f3.jpg

My kids asked how I knew her. Um, I don't I just want to be her sibling since her parents post on DWA on Facebook. She was so nice. I talked to her for a few minutes and told her that we were also in T Rex the night before. They came in after us. Her parents had left that day but I wish I knew that they were there I would of loved to meet the most famous Disney couple.

We took our pictures:

5ecf620bfea396f5beaac34158890095.jpg

875eb62a113afed21c31ba9b4a730d0e.jpg

6fc051cd6aa7df272b42668def462834.jpg

And left. DH really wanted to see the American Adventure as did I. We have not seen it in 15 years or so. But my feet were sore and I knew there was no way I could make it up there. Plus the Poly was calling my name!!!

We went to Mexico for lunch. DH got a salad, DD17 got empanadas (didn't like them) and the rest of us got nachos with out some stuff on them. I gave dh some of my nacho meat since he got a meatless salad, not sure why. When we were in Mousegears they had the "I'm celebrating" buttons so I got one for dh for his 50th. His birthday was in May but I told him since he loves Disney so much :rotfl: that we were celebrating his 50th here. He said no so I made him wear the button. Well he got free churros (and a bunch of happy birthdays which he hated). We were going to buy churros anyways so that was a nice freebie. The kids were still eating and I got the text saying our room was ready. I was happy Rarotonga, 1st floor. YAY! I told dh I was going to head back to the BC because walking slower made didn't hurt so bad. Oh and his knees hurt and he asked if I wouldn't mind waiting for the food standing on my sore foot while he went to sit. Um...OK but that is me, I'd rather someone else be happy/taken care of then me.

They started to move just as I was getting to the IG. He asked me if the magic band still unlocked the door but I was in the lobby at this point but I told him yes it did. They were already inside when I texted him that. My kids wanted pool wrist bands, :confused3 , so they went there while I sat and DH got the bags. I told him to call the Minnie van but he wanted the bags first but he did call it and it said 10 min so we thought we had time.

I took their last picture in the BC before they got their pool bands. Those chairs are DIRTY!!

61df7fd47f6eecec64acabbb8f99fcd5.jpg

While the kids were getting their wrist bands, dh is texting me to tell the to hurry since the minnie van was coming in 1 minute. Um..what happened to 10 min??? I was about to text them when they showed up. Oldest saw the kid from Jersey and was saying good bye to him. The MINIVAN showed up. Um..where is my MINNIE VAN? Oh well, it was cheaper. Our luggage took another few minutes because they couldn't find my ds's butter (dairy free).

We finally were on our way. I was a little nervous that I would not still LOVE the Poly after going to the BC. I felt guilt. I was so happy to see the sign for the Poly. I was home, well I think I was home, I still wasn't sure if it was still going to be my favorite.

Since I had the room text and I knew where the room was I led the way thru the lobby, out the door, in the door to our room. DH was puzzled as to why I didn't check in and didn't realize we didn't have to...but no leis (which was fine) and I didn't have a activities calendar which was fine. I like Tokelau, always have, request it but since it's DVC and we were not staying DVC I couldn't request it. I just requested balcony/lanai. I like the newer buildings because they are bigger. But this room was huge compared to the BC room and it is the older rooms so they aren't as big as the DVC studios (although I am sure the living space feels small now). I was so happy. And the bathroom actually had a place to put my clothes to get dressed!! I unpacked at that point.

DS and I decided to go to the lava pool. DD17 was tired and wanted to sleep. DH wanted to do laundry. DD12 was mad at her bathing suit bottom because it was too big, yes really so she moped. I told her to put on her one piece or just wear that as it was fine and it wasn't going to fall off but no. So she stayed in the room. I really needed to be off my feet and kicking makes them feel better.

I had not been there since the change over to DVC, Oasis pool and kiddie area. DS and I walked thru the oasis pool, filled up our drinks and I said lets go to the other pool. We found a chair, I locked my bag and we went swimming...heaven! He went down the slide and said it was better then the BC. I only went down the BC once but I was so short of breath from the climb up that I couldn't breathe laying down flat in the tube that is was not fun for me. My kids said the BC slide hurt their back when it changed from one slide piece to another. In the end they all liked this one better.

It started to rain at this point but not too bad. Then it started to pour and then the whistle to get out. So in the pouring rain, we were soaked, we got new towels that some how stayed dry and went to our room. He and I sat outside. He ate his beloved chips and salsa and we watched the pond growing back there. This is after it went down a bit.

e2fc36bbf6b57500b590b62d284ffbf7.jpg

When the rain stopped, I went to the quiet pool and the kids slowly came out. As I was swimming and looking at my surroundings, I realized this was home, this was it, I am a Poly girl. Will I stay at the BC again, sure but it will be a split and maybe just for 3 or 4 days vs 6 days/5 nights. While at the BC my dh said he didn't like it. But when he got in the lava pool he said he missed SAB, even though he didn't swim as much as me. It was less crowded, the kids were more or less contained by the volleyball net and didn't jump in right next to you. I see his point but I still love the Poly.

I made a FP for Haunted Mansion for around 6. We got cleaned up and had our first experience with bag check (love it) and our first monorail ride (love it more). We ate at Casey's. DH was going to get the foot long as he thought it was the thin kind...he saw it and asked if I wanted to split it so I said yes. It was our cheapest meal, under $50 for the 5 of us, we don't buy drinks and drink our water instead. FYI, my foot actually felt so much better post swim, still sore but not as bad as pre swim.

We got stuck on HM so they gave us a free FP. The kids voted on Splash so off we went. The 12 yo was a little worried as she saw the drop. And yes she went on it at 7 and made fun of my sister that didn't want to go on it then. She was not happy when she got off. While we were on it, I was making another FP, so the next ride was the Little Mermaid, then we FP Pooh and went to IASW at this time it was almost time for HEA. I had no desire to fight the crowds to watch it on Main Street, nor did DH but he did want to see the projections...um I will you tube them for you AGAIN. Peter Pan was 15 min maybe and most of that was the walk in so we went off to neverland.

I got another FP for Buzz so we headed there next and it was maybe 9:58-9 when we got off and made it onto the last ride of the People mover. Phew!

We went to the monorail. DH kept asking if I wanted to take the resort launch and I told him no. Why did he chose then to listen to me??? We saw about 3 express monorails come before we saw a resort one. WTH? I really wish the resort line would not stop at the TTC at park closing just because we are paying all this money to stay at the Poly and can't get on....Yes a monorail came, myself and one kid got on, we were in front of the people on the side of us but they hopped on before the rest of my family could so we jumped off. And waited another 10 min so it seemed. But we sat, the monorail was packed and wow we had an empty car to ourselves when we hit the TTC.

b1115671e4e1ca469cc0c7ef5b034b23.jpg

Day 7 rest day...wait Blizzard Beach day->NO REST for the weary!

My sister lives in FL so she figured she would come visit us in a park or something. Initially it was just going to be a water park because it is cheaper then a 1 day park ticket but her friend wanted to go to so they did part of a park with us as well.

She sent me a text at about 6:50am to let me know she was leaving. Her husband was taking some shooting course north of Lake Okeechobee. Everyone else was still sleeping in my room.

I woke dh at 7:30 and he was mad that I let him sleep so long since I wanted to leave at about 8:30. It takes him a while to get ready unlike me, shower, deoderant, contacts, comb hair, hair gel, get dressed. Or this morning was just tie hair up in a knot, put on bathing suit and flip flops. He needed to shower. So by the time he was done, I looked at DME and saw the bus to AK was arriving in about 3 minutes. We won't make that since no one has shoes on. My sister had texted me again at about 9 to say she was there and big surprise we were still in our room. I knew the bus would not come for another 15 ish minutes and then we would have to wait for another bus at AK for the transfer and my dh said "lets just take a Lyft", phew! Again it was a minivan vs a minnie van but it saved us some $$, so what if we didn't look cute.

We really didn't need anything but I brought a bag, a heavy bag. DH wanted his computer in case he decided to work (he didn't), he wanted the ipad to play games or watch movies which he did a little, I brought my ipad in case I wanted to read a book (I didn't) and we all had our phones plus battteries a few cords to charge just in case there was a plug, which there was not.

We got there at about 9:25, so easy! Waited in line to get in while my sister waited to get her ticket for blizzard beach. Her friend was not here yet-she was coming from the Tampa area.

We get in and I went to the rental area. We rented a Polar Patio. The cost of it was a little pricey but dh and I both agreed next time we would rent one again. We were brought to our patio before the park opened. Got settled, couldn't leave until the park was opened but we were ready with water shoes on and everything was locked up.

We got refillable mugs, towels delivered to us, a locker and unlimited bottled water. Plus a non sandy, shady spot to veg out which was wonderful! And we didn't have to fight for a spot which was an added bonus. We didn't use our server to get food because she said it would take about an hour from the time we ordered so we just went and got our food ourselves. BTW, we tried to tip her and she said she couldn't take it in case anyone was wondering.

This was our view:

3b181fb4a99ca67d749434aa5f90d32f.jpg

Same view again I think...

2d433682897a59953a82d3b37ed60675.jpg

Here is our patio, I didn't realize I took a panoramic view. It was in what I think a pretty good spot. We were #9.

1c2ec9a6fccb8161b2c6f006e4166527.jpg

Park opened and we went right to the chair lift and the 6 of us (my sister and the 5 of us) rode the family raft ride. That was fun and nice and long! We took the lazy river back which was the long way but no one was in it so it was nice. Her friend got there and then we went up and did some slides. DH and I had enough at that point. I love to swim but my foot was sore so the less walking on my "rest" day I did the better. The kids went with my sister, well 2 of them. We went down one more slide with our youngest and the rest of them when up to summit plummet, well 3 did, my son, sister and her friend and my daughter took the slide next to is so she didn't retear her ACL 3 months post surgery!

We did the lunch thing, burgers for the kids. I wanted a turkey leg at some point in this trip and they had them here. So I got one and 2 of my kids ate some as did my sister. But then my husband comes back with one too. He could of shared with me!

2716f53435f433b448e39787c2cf36ce.jpg

I really am now done with turkey legs. I thought they tasted so much better in the past. It didn't have the smokey flavoring that I loved and it didn't taste like ham either. So I was a bit bummed. I think my sisters friend thought we were CRAZY for eating that. I used to love them. My son still may want one so if he does I will share it with him but it's not on my must eats anymore.

There was a bit of a storm coming. The sky was getting dark. They pulled us all out of the water and we debated on going into one of the enclosed buildings. We looked at the radar and saw it was not coming at us, just by us so we sat until we got the all clear. My son wanted to do summit plummet (is that what it's called in BB?? or is that TL?? Whatever its the same thing, a wedgie ride). They took the stairs because the chair lift wasn't running yet. We waited at the bottom for pictures. I had my phone and my sisters camera trying to get pictures and I only got a picture of my sisters slide. My daughter got a picture of her butt!! We laughed and laughed.

My sisters friend was ready to leave but my sister wasn't but her friend was taking her back to their DS hotel. We were taking my sisters car to the Poly since we were grandfathered in for the parking fee and didn't have to pay. They had a parking fee so why should she have to pay twice!

We went on one slide I think or the kids did and my dh was getting hungry (I feel like we just ate). He and I got the rice bowl, the kids burgers and then we went on the family raft ride again and the lazy river and by that time it was 7:30 so we called it a day.

Like I said I would rent that patio again or whatever they have at BB the next time we go.

We drove back to the Poly in what, 10 min?? And went to the Lava pool to watch the fireworks. I really wish they would cut down some trees on the island. Every time we go (and each trip now is 5 years apart) we see less and less of the castle from the pool. We also got to watch and listen to one of my favorites, the water parade. Oh and the lifeguard chair needs to move too for my view to be better. I was surprised the pool was not too crowded this night. We called it a night after the fireworks because we all needed to shower.

4080307cf7cd941bd4e62a355d083804.jpg

Oh since this post has very little pictures, here are our magic bands:

47a0c29f683ed418b3d3b3a236b7ccef.jpg

We each got 2 because we were at 2 resort. My DS wanted no part of painting nor did my DH. DH just wanted boring gray so I put a Mickey head on his Mickey. He wore his red one alot. DS lost his blue one at Dive Quest, like he forgot it and his deodorant, luckily we had extra! We asked at the BC if they turned one in but they did not. So they gave him a new blue one.

My oldest dd loves Dory, so her blue band was Dory's eyes. Not the best but her first version, Dory looked like she spoke...whale! That was her non water one. The one she wore in the water was her gray one that she painted fireworks on. My youngest didn't paint her purple one but her gray one she painted stitch on. She has never watched anything with stitch, maybe she did 10 years ago?? But she liked what she saw on Pinterest. She painted it herself. My two were the red Minnie that was my pool one and the pink one. I liked that one and I didn't take it swimming. We used acrylic paint and the ones we took in the water, well I apologize for anyone that came out with a Minnie white dot on them. My pink one started to peel on day 10. I wanted the leather paint but I ran out of time to look for a bargain.

This! lol

Hilarious! considering how he feels about Disney

I think he will be OK on 12 days, I think! I am also trying to see if we can do 4 years vs 5 because my 50th is 10/6, 5 days before WDW but we wouldn't go until the following summer. But on the flip side, if wait the 5 years then my youngest can do her senior picture in front of the castle, my middle could care less!

And he was pretty ticked that he got many Happy Birthdays (his 50th) and that they sang to him in Mexico. Watching the video was HILARIOUS because I can see on his face "I am so going to kill you" "I wish they would stop, this is so embarrassing."

Day 8 EPCOT/MK

We were meeting my sister and her friend at MK later this afternoon. Initially my sister was going to work and then just meet us at around 4/5/6 for an MK evening but her friend thought it would be better to go in the morning and then take a break and go back in the evening so that is what they did. Since they were clueless as to what to do, I had been trying to make them fast passes for the week before our trip since that is when they bought their tickets. I got them Pooh and I gave up because DME was being a pain and basically told them to change it to something else and to add 2 more. They still didn't get it but whatever...

I also told them to go straight to 7DMT but they ended up going the wrong way and the line was about 45 min when they got in it but I told her to stay since it wasn't going to get any better as the morning went on. My sister was only going to come but then she told her friend and her friend wanted to come who was in a way a Debbie Downer at times.

Enough about them. We were on our way to Epcot again. Our goal today was to make it to the American Adventure to see the show as we had not seen it in years, I am thinking pre kids so either 1999 when we got engaged or 2000 when I had to go 3 months before we got married to see our 2000 wedding brick (which was our candy bar wrapper picture).

We had already done test track, we were late getting into the park (not my fault, it never is) so we got there around 9-9:15. As we were going by test track on the monorail the single rider line was LONG, like 30 min. I was so glad we did it but I would of went on it again. But oh well.

Since we were in no rush, we opted to look for our Leave A Legacy. I assume we got it in 2000 (or 1999??). We knew it was on the left but could never remember where. So I looked on my old facebook pictures and said "its on a C about this high". So we easily found it.

3240d1fba6ec738116498e452501c8c4.jpg

And Daisy was out front so again, since we were not in a rush:

6819f76166c594da20807483fc27889c.jpg

Our first FP was for Soarin. My husband was tired of this ride and he only went on it once since it makes him a little woozy, me surprisingly I do OK on it. After that we went on Living with the Land since they did not go on it while they were scuba diving.

When we left there, we went to see Figment but it was closed! My son really wanted to go on it. I hate to tell him it was so much better and more fun playing all the games back in the 80s! But Stitch was taking pictures and we were last in line:

d2e27ba113e81cf65a327cfb00946a39.jpg

My youngest was happy and showed Stitch her MB that she painted so that got Stitch excited.

So our next FP wasn't until 11 at Spaceship Earth and we still had about 1/2 before that. DH took the kids to get their Coke fill up and I filled my popcorn bucket and waited for them. It also ended up being a bathroom break for them. Seriously we made eye contact and my dh and kids kept walking and didn't wait for me. So I just turned around and waited in the shade by spaceship earth. Ahh..coolness!

We opted to take the friendship boat from the Canadian border to Morocco to save our feet. We were hot. I never do the countries during the day, why am I walking them now?? So we stopped in Japan and the kids each got their own shaved ice. DH got sushi and said it was pretty good and me the non drinker got Sake, it was a hem and haw moment but it was pineapple coconut and YUMMY! DH helped me drink it, and well I gave him the last few ounces since it had the most alcohol flavoring.

574f6b6e96b3db1e80ffd584aab10b0d.jpg

The time was getting close for the singing to start in the American Adventure so we rushed the kids to eat. My 17 yo would still be eating it, she is SLOW! She instagrams and takes little baby slurps. They ate almost all of it and declared they had had enough but said it was "really good". And it cooled us all down.

We made it to the show. OK bad me almost fell asleep but I didn't. I love the song "America..." and the singers I didn't fall asleep to, they were really good!

We decided we needed lunch at this point and then head out. My husband and son wanted the fish and chips from England. I am not a big fish eater, nor is my oldest and my youngest "fish are friends not food" so we went to France while they went to England. I had not been to France in quite some years. The old pastry shop (where the ice cream is now) was just not good IMO. And then I would read on here how everyone loves France's pastry's and I kept wondering why. So looking at the menu I knew myself and the girls would eat sandwiches and I just had to try the dessert again since it looked different and better. Seriously it has been about 15-20 years since I went back there.

OK so to say we were happy with our meal is an understatement. We were all satisfied. I got me an almond croissant (YUMMY!), the girls shared macaroons and I got my dh a lemon Tarte and he said it was quite good. We met them in England and finished eating. Yes my son didn't get anything, he wouldn't want it and would rather have the french fries. They enjoyed their fish (for now). We headed back to see if Figment was open. I was moany tired but we still went and it wasn't, the app showed it was when I last looked.

My oldest broke her sunglasses and there was no way I was walking to mousegears (we really could of just got them at the Poly) so we waited by the exit in the shade for them...oh wait we scanned into Space ship earth as we had an anytime FP since figment was down. I didn't need to ride that again. DH told me to leave and he'd meet us back at the room.

We got to the monorail just as the other one was leaving. And we waited and waited. DH and dd got there about 10 min later. Still no monorail. Oh but I see one now, coming from the opposite direction full of people. No wonder it took so long. There was a stuck monorail on the other side.

We opted to take the monorail back to the Poly as well since our room was right there and it would be less of a walk and more A/C.

DH did laundry (see a pattern here?? I guess I am lucky) and I went in the quiet pool with the kids for about an hour or two, dh came and sat too for a bit but again he isn't a big pool person.

We had the kids shower since we knew it was going to be a later night since MK was closing at 1am. My sister and her friend met us in the lobby of the Poly at around 5:30-6 and we headed over to the MK. We went to our first FP which was pirates and my sister kept saying "its so dark"...um...no kidding! Oh wait, we took some senior pictures for my daughter. They came out pretty good!

We opted to eat after that and went to Pecos Bill. My dh, ds and myself easily split 2 fajita platters. I was going to ask for another plate but I forgot. I mean I could of made mine a salad. Then we went to the Jungle Cruise since I got a FP for that. We waited in the FP line and looked at the ever darkening sky. They closed down all the outside/water rides when we were about 2 boats away. They gave us the option of waiting or not, LOL! So we waited. My sisters friend had enough (debbie downer) so she ran back before the rain came and got on the bus to their DS hotel. Then they gave us the option of a FP so we took it and went to sit in Adventureland but close to Fronteirland. We could still hear the thunder and it was a light rain at this time about 10-15 min later. I was checking DME and it showed a 10 min wait for Splash and Big Thunder so we said "lets walk over and see". Splash was open, said 10 min. My youngest didn't want to ride and my dh just wanted to sit so they sat it out. The 10 min was the walk on. Then BTMR was still a 10 min wait so again dh and dd sat out and the 4 of us rode. As we got off you could see tons of people running to the area since they also must of seen on the app the short wait.

After that we went to Jungle Cruise and walked right on. Then to Buzz since I had a FP. It was probably about 9:30 at this point, maybe 10. I can't recall. Buzz with the FP was probably 10-15 min and guess what we got stuck for a good 15-20 min. My dh and dd both got 999,999 since he found the thing to hit in the room we were stuck in. Of course it was 11 when we got out and the park was closed except for magic hours.

I still had those FP but didn't realize they were null and void after 11. So sad. We were going to try to go on Space Mountain. It was a 45-60 min wait and I was not waiting! My dh and youngest were headed to the speedway and I told him to forget it.

Instead we went to CoP. Its a favorite. My sister fell asleep during parts of it but it was 11:30 or so at this time and she woke up at 5am to work so I am sure she was a wee bit tired. We opted to leave after that and said good bye to her at around 12:30 at the TTC since she was picking up a bus from there. I told her we would call her a Lyft or I would drive her back, some how in my tired state but she said no.

It was our last NIGHT in MK so sad...so depressing....see you at night in 5 years MK.

I don't even remember hitting the pillow that night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter