Why are Boardwalk villas so popular?

You're not necessarily missing anything. We all have different tastes. BWV is our favorite resort, but we do like staying at other resorts as well. For us it feels like 'home'. We love being able to walk to both Epcot and Hollywood studios. We love the atmosphere of the boardwalk. We love having the community hall there as well and we like the theming.

This is us too. My whole family (wife and 2 daughters (6 & 8 yr old)) love the "grass" area where the movies are at night. They love the free night time shows even though I think we''ve seen the same 3 acts 10 + times each. The community hall is awesome for kids to color, paint, trace Disney characters, play air hockey and ping pong.

You cant beat walking to 2 parks and having another DVC resort right across the lake. We typically will walk over to BCV to let the kids play in the sand and watch a movie in sand too.

We don’t own there but it’s our favourite. We actually prefer it to Beach Club.

For me it’s because:

1. The atmosphere in the place. Quite unique with the 1920s music playing etc. Atmosphere cannot be adequately described on a forum, but there’s just something about it.

2. Architecture- Again prefer it to Beach Club, just more interesting.

3. Gym- Great gym here.

4. Management attention to detail- this property is extremely well managed. I once got speaking to the lady manager who was walking around pointing out everything thar wasn’t quite right, to someone with a clipboard. Simple thing to do but effective. She asked me was there anything that could be improved. I was struggling (and I am very fussy) but said the pool furniture was getting a bit old. She said it will all be replaced Monday.

5. Pool- For some reason we really like the pools here, and the two quiet pools are also very nice.

Goes without saying location etc.

I can also often score a 1 bed standard here even though I’m not an owner, just got another just before Xmas. They are phenomenal points value.

Like others, the atmosphere is really enjoyable. It’s fun and peaceful at the same time.

The magic and card shows in the evening were very much enjoyed by the kids. The kids also had fun in the arcade. Plus the games on the green were fun.

The main pool was a huge positive for me, as I could find a place to sit and be able to see my kids wherever they are. After a while the clown didn’t bother me anymore.

We really enjoyed the pizza, and I often grabbed a margarita from the stand near by.

We didn’t often get breakfast, but the bakery seemed fine.

I didn’t feel like I could enjoy the balcony, but that could have been the tree that was basically enveloping it. The studio room was fine. The air blew very strong right on the Murphy bed, which was too much for the kids, so they didn’t sleep there. This was also the same at GF, though. It was fine on the one at Poly.

We will definitely go again.

1. Location. Go to Epcot NYE for the fireworks and you will never want to stay at a non-Epcot resort again. The Skyliner does not change this as the line for it after fireworks this past NYE was insane.

2. Low number of points to book. Relatively cheap points right now to buy a contract.

3. 3rd bed in the studios.

We bought BWV in 2011, and have loved it. It's all about location. Being able to walk to 2 parks is just incredible. We're usually rope droppers, but last trip, mixed it up and slept in a couple days. Got up for 9 AM opening, and walked to the French bakery (my favorite go-to place for snacks/desserts) Got a huge box full of deliciousness and was back in room in no time.
We typically stay in 1 bedrooms, so we often have breakfast food, snacks, lights meals,etc in the room, so the lack of QS doesnt' really matter to us. Since we have stayed more often at BWV, we were used to the long hallways, but yes, they can be very long walks....altho if you can do the stairs on whatever end of the building you're on, then maybe not as long....Stairs going down in the AM are ok....stairs going up 4 flights after walking back midday from HS in the heat, not good.
Parking is not always great. It's been better the last year or two, but for awhile, ,it could be hard to find a parking spot, let alone a good one. I love that they've started getting more strict about who can park there and hope they keep that up. The pool is good enough. Granted, we haven't stayed at BCV yet....so I gather the pool there is awesome, but we like the BWV just fine. Poly and AKL Kidani great pools too.. Now the lack of dedicated 2 bedrooms is a BIG problem. It's nearly impossible to get a 2 bedroom standard view at 11 months in the fall, other times are much better, but due to the lock off issue, and standard studios all booked, no 2 bedrooms. Altho garden/pool view available. Also, I wish so much the 1 bedrooms had 2 baths like BLT/Kidani. That is a wonderful thing.
But I think since it's home, point costs are low, and you can walk to 2 parks, it's one of the best!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter