Why Are All Homes In North Texas Brick?

It’s so odd that many zombie threads are resurrected by first-time posters...

Probably because they don’t realize they are old threads. Hell, there’s a good number of old timers that respond to them still without noticing.

Plus, I didn’t see you posting in this the first time around so it’s new for you.

I've lived here now for just over 3 months and have wondered why all the homes and townhomes including mine are all covered in brick around the front and sides except the backs are painted either white, off white or a very light beige. I love the brick look and the fact that neighbors aren't competing with each others house colors. When I was living in California on our street you had houses painted white, sand, light blue, yellow (mine), rose and green.
People were always trying to outdo each other when it came to painting their house. I really like the brick but have been wondering it there is a reason why EVERY home is brick. :wave2:

Because North Texas is a good area to make bricks. The reason California doesn't use them as much is they're kind of dangerous after being shaken loose by an earthquake. For the same reason they don't build load bearing masonry buildings either. But they do have exterior sheets that look like brick if you want them.

I am not familiar with North Texas, but stucco does not work in freezing climates, also areas with hurricanes, brick will work better. Areas with Earthquakes, wood is much better

Simple answer.... Hurricanes and Tornado's. Remember the pig with the brick house?

This was my exact thought!

Most home owner's associations require a minimum % of brick. There are some neighborhoods that allow masonry board as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter