Why am I no longer getting email notifications?

You're no longer a member of the exclusive club. Alex needed to make room for mom2rtk, so you've been ejected ;)

It's for the greater good, Jen. ;)

Seriously, I hope yours come back to life soon. Hopefully this thread can then fade into oblivion. :)

Last edited:
You're no longer a member of the exclusive club. Alex needed to make room for mom2rtk, so you've been ejected ;)

I guess so. I looked at my watched threads today and wow..I was maybe getting only half of the email notifications. So now I am trying to go through and see what I missed.....And the alerts on the top is not showing everything either....it's pretty worthless...except for the fact it keeps popping up a box telling me I have a new alert.

If you are not getting email can you please post the LAST half of your email address like @Hotmail.com or @disneyinfo.com Please do not post your entire address, thanks :)

no one wants to her from you! :rolleyes1 You are too lucky! :tongue: Just kidding of course! ..I would give you the laughing smiley or the wink...but those are gone too.... :crazy2:

;) :)

I did notice there seemed to be fewer laughing smileys. Maybe we should all just :sad:. :rotfl2:

If you are not getting email can you post the last half of your email address like @Hotmail.com or @Comcast.com Please do NOT post your entire address!

Antoher odd thing...shouldn't this thread be showing in my watched threads? it's not

I couldn't even find that laughing smilie.....You must have it in now!!!!

Do you have a smiley face in the box above where you are typing (up where you choose font and links and such)?

If you click on that, there are tabs for other choices. I think the one laughing guy I found was in the "classic Disboards" tab.

Has everyone checked their preferences and made sure you are set to receive email notifications?

It was actually a bunch of stuff, basically each web server was sending out it's own email just using PHP. Now it's all routed to a proper email server with reverse DNS, SPF record etc although it seems network solution is having a really hard time getting the SPF record out there

It was actually a bunch of stuff, basically each web server was sending out it's own email just using PHP. Now it's all routed to a proper email server with reverse DNS, SPF record etc although it seems network solution is having a really hard time getting the SPF record out there

Hmm...I'm looking right at the worldnic servers - not seeing an SPF record for disboards.com. But no SPF is better than a bad one. :)

Looks like the reverse DNS is lagging as well. I see it at my DNS servers but the notification email for this post went through mxlogic claiming it had no reverse record still.

Antoher odd thing...shouldn't this thread be showing in my watched threads? it's not
Not only am I still receiving email notifications;), the Thread is showing in my Watched Threads, but only if I scroll to the bottom and select "Show All Watched Threads."

And, I still had to hide my keyboard on my iPad to maneuver my cursor to fix typos.

Not only am I still receiving email notifications;), the Thread is showing in my Watched Threads, but only if I scroll to the bottom and select "Show All Watched Threads."

And, I still had to hide my keyboard on my iPad to maneuver my cursor to fix typos.

Right...like before with looking at Subscriptions, the default list only shows threads with unread messages still waiting. If you've entered the thread, they won't appear there and you need to click on "Show All Watched Threads". If the thread still does not appear, make sure you are watching it - in the upper right just above the first post on a page, there should be an "Unwatch Thread" link. If it is there, it is a Watched Thread. If it says "Watch Thread", click on it...you might have accidentally unwatched it.

Do you have a smiley face in the box above where you are typing (up where you choose font and links and such)?

If you click on that, there are tabs for other choices. I think the one laughing guy I found was in the "classic Disboards" tab.

aha!!! Thanks!

Has everyone checked their preferences and made sure you are set to receive email notifications?

Yep

Thanks, Alex!

I started receiving email notices this morning (from notify@disboards.com). Looks like the spf has been resolved.

and with seeing hat I now see they are coming from yet another email so I went to my spam and once again they are going there. Now to figure out how to add them to the safe list again. :jumping1:

I couldn't even find that laughing smilie.....You must have it in now!!!!

After you activated the smilie field, there are different selections to choose from: "Smilies", "Classic Disboards", "Disney" and "WISH". The laughing one is under Classic DISboards.

ETA: Should have read the rest of the thread... :rolleyes2 Someone else already helped you out...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!