• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

why am i being asked to pay $179 now, to book a CRT ressie for end of May?

kimmer

always planning our next trip...
is that how it works? will i be required to pay up front for all my meal reservations?:confused3

You aren't required to pay up front for all of your meal reservations but you are required to do so for CRT.

phew :scared1:

so, it's that's only for CRT? and if i book my vacay later (like next couple of weeks) i'm assuming they credit me back towards my deluxe dining plan?

If you have the dining plan and this is happening online, you need to call. They should take a credit card guarantee (a $1 hold) , not charge you for the entire meal.

For some time for packages that were booked for the current promotion (% off), the system was recognizing package bookings. The CMs can fix that if you call 1407WDWDINE. Hope this helps.

ETA: If you go ahead now and put a 7day hold on a vacation (no deposit) they will give you a reservation number and you can book ADRs with that. Again, you have to call for that--central reservations is 407-939-7675.

i don't have the dining plan yet, as i haven't booked my vacation package. so, what i'm wondering is, if i pay 179 now with my cc to book my CRT reservation, how do i get that back once i do get my dining plan credits?

CRT, or any of the three dinner shows (Hoop de Doo, Spirit of Aloha, Mickey's Backyard Barbecue), require prepayment in full at booking. The above post says what SHOULD happen if you book online and link to a room reservation including the dining plan,but it doesn't always work, so if you want to book this as a dining plan reservation you may have to do it by phone.

Akershus, California Grill, Victoria & Albert's, and special dinner packages (Fantasmic or Candlelight Processional) always require a credit card guarantee for no-shows, but you won't be charged for those unless you dont show up.

i don't have the dining plan yet, as i haven't booked my vacation package. so, what i'm wondering is, if i pay 179 now with my cc to book my CRT reservation, how do i get that back once i do get my dining plan credits?

If you don't currently have DDP, you have to pay for it in order to book it now. You can change it when you get DDP, but that would mean having to cancel and rebook the reservation. You can also wait until you arrive, notify them then that you will be paying with dining credits, and have your payment reimbursed.

I would really suggest if you think you are going to go, that you call central reservations, have them price a vacation package for you, and put a 7-day hold on it. You then have 7 days to pay the deposit of $200. Then you can book using just the credit card guarantee. If you cancel your vacation reservation, though, make sure you cancel that CRT reservation, as well, because you will be charged the penalty for a no-show. When you cancel vacation reservations, your dining reservations are not canceled.

I booked CRT for May and we are on the dining plan, but we didn't book through Disney directly (used a TA). The online dining reservations was going to make me reserve by paying the full amount. I had no problem calling and getting the reservation by phone and telling them that we were on the dining plan (I think they took my phone number to pull up our package reservations).

Yes, as above - if you book CRT and pay for it now THEN get the dining plan - you have to go through cancelling and rebooking - and it is possible it could disappear during that process. I've been told that you can leave your CRT ressie paid for and then when you are at the restaurant you can then have them refund you and use your dining plan credits. If you are going to book with dining plan anyway the best thing might be to go ahead and do that in order to make your dining plans.

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter