Whose going week of April 18th and what do you think crowds will be like??

DisneyShack

FEAR THE DUCK
Were going April 18-23 and wondering what crowds will be like. I have been to WDW many times but never in April. Since it is the week after Easter (or technically the SECOND week after Easter) I figure crowds will be lighter than the week before and immediately after Easter. But how much lighter (30 or 60 minute waits?). When I spoke with CRO today the CM said it has been crazy lately. Looks like everyone is back to traveling.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on what you would anticipate for crowds.

I was just wondering the exact same thing!

We plan to arrive on the 18th.

We're going to start with EPCOT on monday the 19th, then MK on the 20th and AK on the 21st. We'll probably spend another day at EPCOT later in the week.

The rates at the hotel went down starting that week, so it must be a little better than the week before......I hope!

It's just myself and DH so we can be flexible and avoid the longer lines.

I hope someone has experience with that week and can fill us in on what to expect.

Karen

p.s. have you started to pack?........lol

Haven't started packing (YET).

- We arrive on 4/18 at the Poly for 2 nights.

- MK on 4/19 with a PS for CRT along with watching WISHES from the Poly Beach.

- Tuesday (4/20) will just be a resort / pool day as we transfer to the POFQ for 3 nights.

- 4/21 will be MK and 4/22 will be Epcot.

- Enjoy the resort a little on 4/23 and head home.

The place will be filled with people from New England. The schools in Massachusetts and Maine and parts of Connecticut have their spring break that week. We will be getting there on the 17th and spending the whole time at the AKL. We have PS at CRT on the 18th and various plans throughout the week. Its getting closer!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I was at WDW around that time last year. And although I am not going this year in April I anticipate you will see moderate crowds. Most of the popular attractions will be 20 minute wait times and up. We found that most of the popular attractions cleared out around lunch and dinner time for an hour or so and wait times were reduced to the 10-15 minute range. The weather will be great though it was 70's & low 80's for us last year with minimal humidity. Spring break crowds will be starting to wind down so you should have a good time.

I do expect that most visitors will be others like ourselves, folks on April vacation from New England. We arrive the 17th for one night at the Gaylord Palms, and then on to Ft Wilderness (tenting). We have a PS for 1900 Park Faire on Thursday I think, and Saturday we're eating breakfast at Boma before we head back to New England. DH and I are doing the Backstage Safari at AK on Monday, and I hope to spend lots of time at Epcot for my first ever Flower and Garden Show.

I imagine that DS15 and his friend will be busy visiting the Disney Mountain range, and on Sunday catching up with their HS band in AK after they have performed earlier in the week in WDW. It's the last day for Dinosaur before its rehab, and I know that's on DS' list.

The schools here in south florida all have their spring break this week, march 22-26. The parking lot where I work is almost empty, lots of people are taking their kids to WDW. I would think by Easter most of the spring breaks, at least in the south, will be over and the parks will be less crowded.

We will be there the same time!! Since we were just there in December and have a trip booked for October, we just kinda figured we would stroll around and not make any real plans. We do have a PSB and a dinner at Narcoosee's. I would like to make a PS for a few other places but if not, no big deal:D

We are going to WDW April 22 - 26. From everything I've been reading, it seems crowds should not be too bad. I normally go the first week of May and crowds have never been a problem, just hot!

dvcfamily41801, looks like we'll be there the same time as you both in April and October!!

I think there will be some crowds as a lot of New England states will be on break that week.

Look at it this way - No matter what schools are on break it will be better than the week before! April 9 - 17 are peak times and have special hours, etc. in the parks to accomodate the massive crowds! :Pinkbounc I will be happy to be among them!

I will be there from the 19th to the 25th. My plane doesn't get in to orlando till about 10:30ish on that monday. Anyone have ideas on what to do that monday? This is my first time in disney world so any input would help me greatly! Thanks alot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter