Who's looking forward to new Toy Story Land?

I love that you said this.

DW and I were among the first non-CMs to visit Animal Kingdom in the days prior to it opening to the public (AP preview). We absolutely fell in love with the park. We loved that it wasn't all about the attractions and that the park itself was the attraction. We enjoyed exploring every path and fork in the road and even some hidden trails that took you into the woods (no longer available unfortunately). We loved looking at all of the details, the carvings, the artwork, the architecture.

Unfortunately, the hoards didn't arrive with that same appreciation. They wanted rides and thrills and action. They didn't care about all of that nature and art and stuff. So the park has changed a lot over the past 20 years. I think the same mindset is behind all of the folks who are downplaying Toy Story Land. Enjoy it for what it is. I'm sure there will be tons of details and nods to the movies and inside jokes and such for fans to discover.

I understand that Joe Rhode originally didn't want any signs in Animal Kingdom and for people to just come across attractions and stuff almost randomly during their wanderings ... but like you said, not everyone appreciates that way of visiting the parks so they ultimately did put signs up

It's funny how divisive AK can be with some people seeing it as their favorite park due to all the details, etc. and others skipping it all together since the "have a zoo in there town so why bother?"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter