Who's booking for 2021?

neurosx1983

Mouseketeer
Just wanted to see how many of us out there think:
1. ABD will release any new itineraries next month at all?
2. How many will book something if new dates/trips are announced?

I have a river cruise on hold for this December which I'm going to try and move to something else next year in all likelihood. Not feeling Europe for the rest of this year, especially in the winter.

It will be interesting to see how ABD acts next month in light of the massive lost revenue and presumably bad press they've had in this crisis.

I doubt I will book anything with anyone until a vaccine is in place. I'd never travel without my flu shot, and I don't intend to travel without my COVID-19 shot.

I do agree it will be interesting to see what ABD does. Will it be just business as usual, or are they going to address the elephant in the room?

Sayhello

I won't book anything new, but I'm leaning toward taking the two deposits I have with them now and moving them into 2021. I have no idea what I will put them toward though. I'm not sure if I have to put them toward the same trips next year (SoCal/DL and Rhine) or if I can change itineraries? If I have to keep the same itineraries, that would be ok. If I can change, I may switch the Rhine one to something in the US just to try to be on the safer side. Other than that, I'm not putting down any non-refundable deposits for anything right now.

I doubt I will book anything with anyone until a vaccine is in place. I'd never travel without my flu shot, and I don't intend to travel without my COVID-19 shot.

Sayhello
Same. Additionally, before we started traveling with ABD we never booked travel so far in advance - we would book late fall for spring break, or late January/February for summer. DH and I were just discussing that it's going to be nice to get back to that kind of schedule. In the 4 years we traveled with ABD we found the pressure to book so far in advance stressful, and especially now with this I don't see us ever doing that again.

I would suspect they have to announce some dates for 2021 if they want people to move their money to next year instead of asking for a refund. I saw some cruise lines are giving 125% credit as an incentive to keep your money parked instead of asking for a refund. Probably wishful thinking but maybe ABD would do something similar?

Same. Additionally, before we started traveling with ABD we never booked travel so far in advance - we would book late fall for spring break, or late January/February for summer. DH and I were just discussing that it's going to be nice to get back to that kind of schedule. In the 4 years we traveled with ABD we found the pressure to book so far in advance stressful, and especially now with this I don't see us ever doing that again.

I feel this. The opening day pricing rush is no fun. I'm most likely sticking with Tauck from now on, unless ABD gets a great Itinerary I can't duplicate with Tauck/on my own.

If I do any ABD, it'll likely be short escapes in US like So Cal or NYC... not interested in either place right now.

And I'm with Sayhello- I'm waiting for a vaccine. And for when I can find Clorox wipes for the plane!

I would suspect they have to announce some dates for 2021 if they want people to move their money to next year instead of asking for a refund. I saw some cruise lines are giving 125% credit as an incentive to keep your money parked instead of asking for a refund. Probably wishful thinking but maybe ABD would do something similar?
They might at some point, but I was not offered anything like that when they cancelled my ABD a little over 2 weeks ago (is it really only 2 weeks???).
I totally agree with you about the booking in advance. It didn't use to be like this, and I really don't enjoy it now that it is. It's one of the things I hate about DCL, this pressure to book early and pressure over booking excursions early, etc. It really is not enjoyable at all.

Sayhello

It will depend on a lot. What is going on globally and wether do we still want to head to Greece with ABD vs doing Japan on our own. We are very undecided at this point.

Honestly, because of my and my wife's professions we don't know about our vacation dates till about 2-3 months at the max, so we have never been the family that books things a year out. Even 4 months out (ABD's PIF limit) seems extreme to me.

I'm hoping one positive change that comes from COVID will be that ABD gets rid of that asinine policy of making people PIF 120 days out...I'm not familiar with other tour companies but that seems extreme, no?

I feel this. The opening day pricing rush is no fun. I'm most likely sticking with Tauck from now on, unless ABD gets a great Itinerary I can't duplicate with Tauck/on my own.

If I do any ABD, it'll likely be short escapes in US like So Cal or NYC... not interested in either place right now.

And I'm with Sayhello- I'm waiting for a vaccine. And for when I can find Clorox wipes for the plane!

This has made me seriously rethink letting anything touch the tray tables on airplanes ever again...

This has made me seriously rethink letting anything touch the tray tables on airplanes ever again...

Amen. I'm turning into a germaphobe. By the time this is over, I'll be at Howard Hughes levels.

But seriously: I got quite sick about 4-5 days after my last plane trip to Vegas in December. So did my mom, who traveled with me... she had major difficulties breathing at one point. I honestly wonder if we weren't suffering from COVID-19. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I do believe there's lots of undiagnosed cases.

I will book if the new 2021 dates are available to book before June 30th, so I can take advantage of the free cancellation before PIF date.

I am guessing the new 2021 dates will be added after June 30th, so the new bookings won't be eligible for this ABD Promo:

For all new Adventures by Disney bookings made between March 12, 2020 and June 30, 2020, the new reservation is eligible to be cancelled at any date prior to the established Final Payment date and if cancelled prior to this date, will receive a FULL refund INCLUDING the deposit. These NEW bookings made will not fall under the typical 14 day deposit policy.

We have a non ABD overseas trip in Aug, the Rhône Cruise in Sep, and the SE Asia ABD in Dec. I’m honestly taking these trips one at a time. I’m optimistic about still going on them, but needless to say I’ll cancel if needed. I’ve already had our April Egypt ABD cancelled. Full refund thankfully. Had an Alaskan Cruise in May officially get cancelled this morning. I was waiting patiently on that cancellation. It’s really been just so chaotic with my offices being closed and trips being cancelled. I’m not rushing into planning 2021. It’s just not a high priority right now. Got to get my offices back open first and foremost. That’s top priority. Gotta see what happens with the rest of my trips this year before I can think too much on what’s to become of 2021.

Amen. I'm turning into a germaphobe. By the time this is over, I'll be at Howard Hughes levels.

But seriously: I got quite sick about 4-5 days after my last plane trip to Vegas in December. So did my mom, who traveled with me... she had major difficulties breathing at one point. I honestly wonder if we weren't suffering from COVID-19. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I do believe there's lots of undiagnosed cases.

Welcome to my club, guys :) I've been a proud germaphobe for a long time and always travel with Clorox wipes. We traveled quite a bit in the months leading up to this, and I'm convinced all my germ issues helped. I wore a mask to Hawaii in early February :)

I totally agree about a lot of diagnosed cases. I'm sure many people had it without realizing it. I'm hoping that blood test they are talking about that is able to test whether you've had it before becomes widespread soon.

Welcome to my club, guys :) I've been a proud germaphobe for a long time and always travel with Clorox wipes. We traveled quite a bit in the months leading up to this, and I'm convinced all my germ issues helped. I wore a mask to Hawaii in early February :)

I totally agree about a lot of diagnosed cases. I'm sure many people had it without realizing it. I'm hoping that blood test they are talking about that is able to test whether you've had it before becomes widespread soon.

Oh, I always travel with wipes, they're just hard to find now. But I'll be wiping more vigilantly, and, if I can find masks, will probably use them in airports/planes as much as possible.

I'm hoping one positive change that comes from COVID will be that ABD gets rid of that asinine policy of making people PIF 120 days out...I'm not familiar with other tour companies but that seems extreme, no?

I know Tauck is 60 days. Most travel companies do 60 or 90 days out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!