WHO YA GONNA CALL" 29 NIGHTS OF GHOSTBUSTERS, MONSTERS & MORE - A 2019 HHN/SFR/RPR TR

FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 13TH

Yes, today...Friday the 13th was my birthday...….and anyone who knows me knows I love birthdays and love cards and gifts too. I say gifts, but the fact is you could get me a pack of thumb tacks...….I don't need huge expensive gifts, but it is nice to open a gift that`s a thoughtful one...….I appreciate every single thing I receive. I had said to Tom I really didn't want anything this birthday...….I always get perfume over here, but other than that I didn't need anything.....

Today I did notice more than ever, Kyle wasn't here, and I did miss that birthday hug from my boy I have to say.......:hug: We would be chatting later of course as we had arranged to chat tonight...….

But, I had more than a few cards to open while I was here.....which was nice. We had decided to not buy anything for me before we left, although Tom informed me I had two gifts waiting for me at home from him that were surprises and of course Kyle said he`d wait till I got back too......

Tom had asked me the night before, did I want to eat in Islands for breakfast, or order room service breakfast, but neither to be honest.....I prefer lunch to breakfast, and if I was to eat a buffet breakfast, I wouldn`t eat the rest of the day.......so our usual visit to the lounge was plenty for me.

Nice surprise though when I did go in.....although......I didn`t notice it at first as I was looking at a rag nail on my finger!!! So, Tom saw it straight away as the lounge doors are kept open during opening hours now.

So, I walked to the desk and asked one of the girls if she had a nail file or little scissors......she said did I like the décor for me today......then I turned around.........

How lovely!!!

i-DCLpb99-X2.jpg

And they always joke we should have a reserved sign for our table.....so today we got one...….lol...….

Kayla, the manager had made this up for me....and I loved it!!!

i-bBPg2Vr-X2.jpg

And of course we are always called their UK mom and dad...…..and they do feel like our American kids.......we adore them!!!

i-5JDQ6Lk-X2.jpg

It`s always lovely when someone does something special for you....and they do it so well in the lounge for celebrations.….they are all lovely.

I did enjoy our breakfast this morning!!!! And I was so glad we didn't go down to Islands now.....::yes::

i-XnHTHm7-X2.jpg

We didn't see Kayla before in the lounge before we left this morning, but we did see her in the lobby as we headed out.

I had mentioned getting one of those watches that measure steps, heart rate and blood pressure....all those ultra healthy things. I don't have an iPhone so I wanted one that was good but not an Apple one, so she had looked for us and suggested a Garmin and checked Best Buy locally and they had one, so after many hugs of thanks, we said we`d go get it now. One birthday gift that was unexpected......

We then ran into Rob who works in valet....he`s one of the original team that opened the hotel all those years ago.....genuinely nice man who we always love to see...….it`s so nice to chat to him and catch up.....we`ll manage to see him a few times before we leave this time.....he gives us an astonished look when we tell him how long we`re here for this visit...lol......for real is his response!!! I agree when he says we might as well not bother going home as it`s so close till we get back...….he is a nice guy. And he knows everything there is to know about everything at the hotel and most of the parks too........

We go outside and although it`s incredibly dull, it`s incredibly hot.....

I love spending my birthday in America.....of course I miss Kyle and some of my friends are annoyed I`m not here, but I`m glad we`re here for it.....although the reason for the slightly extended trip is of course a celebration of Tom`s birthday in August.......an extra week isn't a bad gift......

We drive to Best Buy and they do indeed have the Garmin watch I liked the look of, and the one Kayla suggested would be best suited for my needs. She had said she`d help set up my phone for me too......we have my UK phone with us, although we never switch it on as we hear horror stories of massive charges when you get home. I doubt that would happen of course, but we have our American phone for here now, so no need to think about the UK one.

We make our purchase and head for our favourite Mall at Millenia......it`s a short drive along the I-4 and it`s not busy at all today.

I park up and we go in and always admire how pretty it is, and of course we do take some pictures........

Of course, if you read the previous trip report you`ll know we were admonished for picture taking in the mall...…..so of course.......tell me I can`t do something.....................….

We took pictures.

Lots of pictures.

In front of security officers, and not one of them said a word.

i-97ZPpzf-X2.jpg

i-VZnNx5x-X2.jpg

I guess we got the Officer who was being very officious last time.

We went straight to Bath and Body where I picked up numerous items for me and numerous items for friends who had requested their usual products...….this is a nice store, and it is now decorated for Fall......and some lovely new products which I gleefully peruse while I decide which products will make the final basket......I`d take most of course, but being limited with luggage does impact my choices.

i-4PcF7Dr-X2.jpg

i-8nZsw6V-X2.jpg

But, we did manage to buy a lot!!!!

Our next stop was Bloomingdales.......

I wanted the largest bottle of Chanel Chance au Fraiche and we can only get it over here easily...….I don't buy any make up as I`m waiting for the offer where you get a load of little gifts if you spend over a certain amount. And I do plan to get some more make up and moisturiser, but that will be Macy`s later in the trip.

I`m not quite sure what this skeleton was representing, but it was cute I guess....

i-zCkBfpj-X2.jpg

Tom suggested we go look at the bags. I look at him as I really don`t need a new handbag......I got the MCM one previously and I have loads of bags at home.....but he suggested I look at a new purse.......oh that's an idea...….

I had gotten a Fossil purse a few trips ago, but wanted a grey one....so I was delighted to see MCM in here had a beautiful grey one, which Tom insisted he get for me as my birthday gift........awww......bless him!!!!

No more schmalzy stuff today...….promise!!!!!

Our purchases made, we headed for lunch. I didn`t want to go anywhere fancy as we were going to Ocean Prime tonight, so we decided to eat in the Food Court, which is very good here.......the Food Courts in America are so much better than ones we have in the uk, and we always enjoy a meal or two here.....

Today we decided to have the Chinese option....well, kind of Chinese.....and it is lovely......Tom went for Bourbon Chicken and Szechuan Chicken with noodles, I had the Bourbon and spicy chicken which were both delicious.....we always tell them to just put a tiny bit of rice and noodles on the plate, but they always ladle it on, but we do ask them to take most off as we do only want a little. We also have a fanta to share......

i-qNT2Ghs-X2.jpg

i-J57vZbd-X2.jpg

The meal was lovely......cheap and cheerful lunches are sometimes nice, and this is one we do enjoy now and again.

This is a nice mall, and we do enjoy sitting and watching the world go by as we sit. We could sit for hours just watching folks go about their business and their life.

But, we are heading back home as we plan a lazy afternoon and chat to Kyle later this afternoon, so we collect our bags and head for the car, and I get to drive again.......he smiles and says only because it`s my birthday....of course!!!!

We go through the lobby and everyone seems to know it`s my birthday......half the front desk TM come out to have a hug and the lovely Daniel serenades me a rendition of Happy Birthday......I did think, wow......he can really sing......turned out he does sing in shows as well as this job, and he is so good!!!! And it was a lovely thing to do.....

We chat for ages and Samuel comes out from the back office too and it`s always lovely to see him too......and a good old chatter!!! Everyone is so lovely here.

We head up in the elevator and managing the bags, we head into the room.....there had been visitors while we had been out!!!!

i-wN2bpKn-X2.jpg

i-PdRPCJs-X2.jpg

i-v2gtshF-X2.jpg

I loved this purse. I need a zipped area for change, two area for notes and plenty of slots for cards and such, so this was perfect, and it had a little sneaky part too that I liked...….and it was a good size too.....

i-V5G5qxF-X2.jpg

i-FV3h9WK-X2.jpg

I loved my surprise!!!! Tom had gone down to order me something, but was told....leave it to them.......well, they had done well!!!!

It was lovely, and so nice of them.........

i-cfRqNFR-X2.jpg

There were separate personal cards and gifts from friends in the hotel, and I appreciated every single one of them. Such kindness and thoughtfulness.

So far it had been a wonderful birthday, and I couldn't wait to chat to Kyle later...…...

Coming up....Dinner at Ocean Prime.

Love, love, love the wallet! A beautiful shade of grey!
What a terrific start to your birthday:cake:

Thanks Lori......

I always forget you guys call purses wallets.....over here men carry wallets and ladies have purses with money and cards in their handbags.......lol.......I always love the differences in language between us......

I did have a lovely birthday......... ::yes::

What a lovely birthday! I'm glad your day was great❤

Thanks so much Andrea.......I had a lovely day.......I’m someone who still enjoys birthdays despite the number going higher.......although I’m still trying to stick at 35.......unfortunately my face tells the truth......:rotfl:

So... was reading your HHN night... Jason has been a been down lately (sent you an email). I wrote to him, "next year for your birthday, I'd like to take you to HHN. At least this year they have a Yeti house and the classic monsters... and, we can also spend one day at Galaxy's Edge." He was THRILLED. I think it cheered him up a lot. Wouldn't have thought of it if not for your report. <3

Awww, what a lovely day for your birthday! Such a wonderful and thoughtful surprise to have the resort staff notice and make your day special. I thought the sign and balloons were a darling touch and then saw the sweet cards, gifts, and decor in your suite! How fantastic! But, I truly believe we bring in what we put out in the world; you are clearly a kind and thoughtful friend and guest to all who work there. They must have been so happy to bring you some cheerful celebratory items!

And, I love the grey purse! Gorgeous! Looks so soft and supple!

What a lovely Birthday!! So many people remembering you and making the day so special.

The grey purse/wallet is really pretty, I just love the buckle/closure on it. Yes we do call those wallets here, although some older
people (like me) call them a 'clutch' since they are traditionally larger than a wallet and evening clutches are still quite popular here.
You just carry them in your hand (some even have a shoulder or wrist strap) not in a larger bag.
Whatever anyone wants to call it...it's very lovely!

So... was reading your HHN night... Jason has been a been down lately (sent you an email). I wrote to him, "next year for your birthday, I'd like to take you to HHN. At least this year they have a Yeti house and the classic monsters... and, we can also spend one day at Galaxy's Edge." He was THRILLED. I think it cheered him up a lot. Wouldn't have thought of it if not for your report. <3

Yay!!! Will you be definitely going to HHN next year? Hope our dates coincide if you do......we haven’t decided yet when we’re going next year......did think of going much later, but no decision has been made yet.....

I just read your email a few minutes ago....yes, he needs a bit of TLC.....and planning that trip will be fabulous......

I hope the Classic Monsters makes an appearance for the 30th Anniversary........although I have a few favourites I‘d choose to come back next year.......Halloween for one of course.......lol......

Glad to give you an idea of course....... :wave2:

Awww, what a lovely day for your birthday! Such a wonderful and thoughtful surprise to have the resort staff notice and make your day special. I thought the sign and balloons were a darling touch and then saw the sweet cards, gifts, and decor in your suite! How fantastic! But, I truly believe we bring in what we put out in the world; you are clearly a kind and thoughtful friend and guest to all who work there. They must have been so happy to bring you some cheerful celebratory items!

And, I love the grey purse! Gorgeous! Looks so soft and supple!

Thanks April.......I love the purse!!

The people we know there are just the kindest and warmest of people, some we know much better than others of course, but everyone is so nice and beyond kind.

I loved every surprise I got that day, and some of the lovely comments on the cards I got were very beautiful. It was a lovely day ::yes::

What a lovely Birthday!! So many people remembering you and making the day so special.

The grey purse/wallet is really pretty, I just love the buckle/closure on it. Yes we do call those wallets here, although some older
people (like me) call them a 'clutch' since they are traditionally larger than a wallet and evening clutches are still quite popular here.
You just carry them in your hand (some even have a shoulder or wrist strap) not in a larger bag.
Whatever anyone wants to call it...it's very lovely!

Funny you mention that, the purse does have a silver shoulder strap if I wanted to use it, doubt I will though. Yes, I liked the closing buckle too.

And thank you, yes, I had a wonderful day with some special folks wishing me a Happy Birthday........ ::yes::

Yay!!! Will you be definitely going to HHN next year? Hope our dates coincide if you do......we haven’t decided yet when we’re going next year......did think of going much later, but no decision has been made yet.....

I just read your email a few minutes ago....yes, he needs a bit of TLC.....and planning that trip will be fabulous......

I hope the Classic Monsters makes an appearance for the 30th Anniversary........although I have a few favourites I‘d choose to come back next year.......Halloween for one of course.......lol......

Glad to give you an idea of course....... :wave2:

Well, unless something crazy comes up. Just booked hotel for Oct. 28-Nov. 1

Don`t think an Oscar will be forthcoming for this scared performance!!!

He looks way too excited :rotfl:

This was the second time we had seen a baby of around 6 months being carried around in arms and so many toddlers. It amazed us folks would take babies and toddlers so young.

We noticed that too this year! Especially the following weekend. I saw someone carrying a really small baby in Hellbilly Deluxe, and several little kids wandering around some with parents and some without.

Love the purse!

Can't believe I missed your post of our lunch at Confisco...it was so much fun catching up with you and many thanks for the delicious meal...sorry I've been absent lately but it's been a tough month for our family, as you know.

Well, unless something crazy comes up. Just booked hotel for Oct. 28-Nov. 1

Oh no!!! We won’t be there that late!!! If we do go later it’ll be around the first week in October we leave the UK!! Although I still prefer September if I’m honest......but we’re just looking at options right now.......but I’m glad you have a plan in place......will look forward to hearing more about it later......... :wave2:

He looks way too excited :rotfl:

We noticed that too this year! Especially the following weekend. I saw someone carrying a really small baby in Hellbilly Deluxe, and several little kids wandering around some with parents and some without.

lol........he would get best Ham actor I think......lol.......

It‘s incredible how many we saw this year, it’s not a place for babies or toddlers......I hate seeing SA have to hold back with the scares as some of them absolutely do hold back with them around.........we should start a campaign........Ban the Kids........lol.......and can we included screaming 10 year olds who just want to act scared the whole time!! We had one a few behind us in Ghostbusters.......yes, Ghostbusters....least scary house ever.....and she bloodcurdlingly screamed her way round the whole house!!! The woman directly behind us told her to quit screaming like that in her ear.......it was so fake though.....glad we only saw her once.

Love the purse!

Can't believe I missed your post of our lunch at Confisco...it was so much fun catching up with you and many thanks for the delicious meal...sorry I've been absent lately but it's been a tough month for our family, as you know.

Thanks Vicki.......I love it!

I should have done that tag your name thing when I posted it, but I never think of doing it really.....

We had a lovely time with you both at lunch Vicki......I’m glad you enjoyed lunch though, food was so good!!! And I‘m glad to see you here, yes, you’ve had a tough time recently and it’s hard to come back from all that’s happened to your family...... :hug: You’ve been missed.......:wave2:

::yes::

I actually don't know where the rest of the afternoon went........I believe a lot of chatting to folks might have occurred, and before we knew where we were we are back in the room and planning to get ready for dinner.

We called Kyle on Facetime and it was wonderful talking to him.....he wished me a Happy Birthday and asked how our trip was going and we filled him in and then we caught up with his stories for the last couple of days...….we chatted for ages and had a good old laugh at few things....he was going out so we said our goodbyes and arranged our next chat time...….

We got showered and dressed and I sent our friend an email to see how he was, he told us he was heading to the lobby and would meet us there for a chat......so we went straight downstairs and met up.....he wished me a Happy Birthday too and we had a good old chat and catch up, such a lovely guy!!!

It was time for us to go get a car to take us to Ocean Prime and when we went out there were no ODC available.....so one of the Valet guys said he`d take us in the house car, we`d had this before when nothing is available quickly, and Daniel was fabulous. We hadn't met him before and he was so nice...…..these young guys and gals work so hard and usually putting themselves through school or a couple of other jobs, sometimes both.

Ocean Prime is undergoing some work on the exterior so it`s not the prettiest of looks right now as it has huge boards up in front, so we didn't take any exterior shots tonight.

The restaurant was mobbed.....completely mobbed. Our reservation was for 7.30 and we arrived right on time......the usual lady who is always on the welcome desk wasn't there, she is amazing and remembers everyone......so, we were told there would be a bit of a wait tonight or we could have a bar table. No, not tonight...….

So, we waited in a very busy foyer till 7.55pm before we got a table, and it was a nice booth so we were glad we waited.

Magical Dining makes restaurants so busy, and we now remembered last year it being the same.….especially on Friday and Saturday nights so maybe we should have come another night, but this was my birthday so we wanted it to be nice.

Our waiter was nice, his name was Alex and he had taken care of us before many years ago. I was surprised he was still here as I hadn't seen him any time we were in, but we first ordered our favourite bottle of wine in here, Stag`s Leap Chardonnay and he said he would bring us our bread...

i-hvjLsqm-X2.jpg

We do like this restaurant a lot...….service is usually excellent and food is always lovely, and so many people have so many good things to say about it...….so we were looking forward to this a lot.

i-C29jtdZ-X2.jpg

i-DNxcG9B-X2.jpg

i-HbX6pDS-X2.jpg

We ordered the crab meat cocktail for me as an appetiser and Tom ordered his usual from here.....Surf and Turf which is scallops and braised short rib on a puree of mash and some red wine jus......however they have now changed it to a gremolata base which doesn't appeal at all to Tom.

The crab arrives complete with the dry ice effect which is pretty to look at but you can`t really see the amount of crab inside...….

i-Grd9HvB-X2.jpg

Those scallops are amazing!!! As perfectly cooked as they can be and the short rib just melted......beautiful dish.

i-7zhKLj7-X2.jpg

The crab meat is gorgeous.…...and a large amount of crab isn't the worst thing in the world!!!! It was incredibly fresh and tasty and I was glad I ordered it........along with the wine it was just a lovely way to start.

i-7CQDB4M-X2.jpg

We had a decent gap between courses, but I think that was more to do with the fact they were insanely busy than anything else......Tom had chosen the New York Strip served medium, and I had my usual 8oz Filet served medium rare. We also opted to share the jalapeno au gratin potatoes which is more than enough for us......

And they did look beautiful.......

i-xjSTv6p-X2.jpg

It all looked lovely...….till I cut into mine.......it was completely cooked through and so overdone I was amazed. I told Tom to carry one with his and as soon as we saw our waiter we called him over and I showed him the steak...….he apologised and said they`d redo it of course...….

It wasn't that it was even medium and might have been ok, it was badly overdone.

i-5D4NL6V-X2.jpg

The potatoes also looked lovely...….

i-Kvz9XfD-X2.jpg

He very quickly came back to the table and said it would be out as quick as possible and did I like shrimp???? I was sort of surprised by the question and said yes as he very quickly moved off...…...

And a few moments later, he came back with this.....sat it down in front of me, said enjoy and sauntered off!

i-9rXmsz6-X2.jpg

I didn't want a shrimp cocktail. I didn't ask for a shrimp cocktail......I wasn`t looking for anything for free...….

I just wanted my steak!!!! Cooked the way I asked...…….

By this time Tom was finished his......which is not how you want to enjoy an evening out together enjoying a lovely dinner, we don't like eating separately...….

Then to make matters worse, he came back with this meal below, saying oh you have a little bit extra on your plate for the inconvenience.....

i-49kTfQm-X2.jpg

I looked at him and said.....this is a magical dining meal.

I`m sure they had a meal ready as they cooked these all night and said oh just take her that...….I hate green beans, don't like the sauce we were using and I don't like the mashed potatoes in there...….but, rather than make a fuss which we should have done, I pushed everything else to the side and ate the steak which was rare......it was fine.

So, we didn't have the nicest of experiences here tonight...….I honestly think Magical Dining in some places, does have a detrimental effect on regular diners.

He asked if we wanted dessert, but we declined. We paid the check and asked the lady on the desk if she could call us a car.....which she did and we waited outside.

I said to Tom I will go back to Ocean Prime, but not during Magical Dining....he absolutely agreed.

Our car came and we asked him to take us to Sapphire Falls....we wanted a nice cocktail to end the evening.

Strong Water wasn't too busy......we sat at the bar and saw Lenny was absent tonight.....what a shame....but Ashley was there and I told her Lenny had promised me a birthday cocktail......something he was going to create......so, Ashley came up with one instead......I have no idea what it`s called but it was lovely..…...she is fabulous too!!!! She had gotten married in the summer and we also had the pleasure of watching her wedding video on her phone and it was so beautiful......I did have tears in my eyes watching it and the story that went with them....everyone has their own story, and each one is usually so lovely.

i-q98cgnV-X2.jpg

Tom ordered a Mai Tai......which is incredibly strong even for a Strong Water cocktail...….but so lovely…..

i-RFxHGsm-X2.jpg

We had such a fun time at the bar.....we did think we could be at HHN which tonight being Friday the 13th and a full moon was bringing out a whole load of groups of all sorts of worshippers.......we had heard of some of them the previous night, and one woman we spoke to in line said I had to go tonight since it was my birthday as something special would happen :scared1:.......she was kind of scary though and looked as intense as this guy........

Tom encouraged us to let a few folks go in front of us at this point, she even freaked him out a little.......

We had no plans to go to HHN tonight.......

Instead we ordered another cocktail......so much more civilised.....

I went for the Rum Revival and Tom ordered Lenny`s special Blackberry Daiquiri which is beautiful........

i-nRFbXxF-X2.jpg

i-DNs7LgW-X2.jpg

I think it was around midnight when we left the bar...….and instantly wished we were still staying at Sapphire......I was yawning my head off now and we still had the walk back home...…it`s really not long, but it felt long at this point.........

We managed to walk back, and as we walked down past the ballrooms of RP a security guard rather forcefully asked how did we get in here.....we kind of looked and said we walked from Sapphire......he never responded and we walked on.......even at this time of night you see folks wandering between the two hotels.

Once back in our room we saw there had been another card popped through the door, which was so lovely......

We both had some water and chatted about the day.....it had been a lovely day, but Ocean Prime wasn't the best it`s ever been, but it hadn't impacted my birthday in any way....it had been lovely.

Tomorrow we thought we might have some more park time........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts