WHO YA GONNA CALL" 29 NIGHTS OF GHOSTBUSTERS, MONSTERS & MORE - A 2019 HHN/SFR/RPR TR

Ooooh nice. I will put a good dent in those when I go down next!

They are nice......... ::yes::

They cut them so much smaller now....they used to be large squares......I guess the chef likes to cut them that way.

TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 10TH

For once we did actually sleep a little later this morning....comfortable beds do help with that!!! We had slept so well and felt incredibly awake when we woke up.....although I had that vague moment of that odd moment when you wake up and have no clue where you are...….

That happens to me a lot....usually when I come home to the UK, I wake up abruptly in the middle of the night and ask Tom which hotel we`re in!!! It happens after....every.....single.....trip......

But, it is lovely waking up in RP this morning...….I immediately pull the drapes back and the sky is vivid blue and looks absolutely beautiful again......doesn`t get much better than this.

Having the separate bedroom, and the same over at Sapphire means you never hear a squeak from the elevators or people outside in the corridors, which being honest, some are less considerate than others.

But, we got showered and dressed and headed up for breakfast. We always stay on the 6th floor over here. We much prefer it and it`s amazing how we`re all different as we hear people complain they are Club Level, but don't want to take an elevator to get upstairs! Takes moments. But, each to their own. We much prefer this floor.

We were a little late this morning so we just ate, and of course chatted a little and left. We didn't really have a lot this morning, as we planned to have lunch in the park today, so we wanted to be hungry!

When we go to IOA we always walk. It takes around 7 minutes to walk slowly to the gates of the park.....and that doesn`t feel like that as the walk is so pretty......It again amazes me folks think that is a long walk. The hotel is so close to the parks it`s hard to imagine anyone finding it a long walk.

We turn at Margaritaville and we see this little guy wandering around sauntering between arriving guests...

i-QsNWT9b-X2.jpg

He is cute and doesn't seem to have any fear of folks milling around him...…..one little boy tries to chase him, but his mother is swift in pulling him back and admonishing him for trying to annoy the creature.....

As we are that little bit later there isn't much of a line here and we get straight through.....almost.....we had four people in front who had to sign their cards...….so we moved to the lady beside us who had no one.....

We love this park!!!!! Well, we love both of them, but there is something about this entrance that is so evocative of everything that is IOA. The colours and the music of course is simply wonderful.

i-RPW9ZS7-X2.jpg

We do as always, mainly because it`s boiling hot, wander through the store as always........staff are always so friendly as you wander in and around the store.

There`s a few new products on offer and we have a quick look to see what we`ll purchase at some point......we always buy mugs and a few little gifts for kids we know.

i-dffdCGz-X2.jpg

i-PVQ5XvK-X2.jpg

We love everything about POE.......

People usually fall into two categories here...….folks like us who are dawdling along without a care in the world.....and then the others.....folks with a mission to get to a certain ride as quick as they possibly can....it was too hot to rush anywhere this trip.......

i-gSctmLG-X2.jpg

The Hulk is usually our first stop in this park, it is one of the best coasters around, although Duelling dragons is still our favourite ride that has ever been in these parks.

i-3r7Phgr-X2.jpg

But, first we head down to look over the lagoon to the progress of the yet unnamed new project that should be rising from the ashes soon...…well, not quite soon......but eventually...….and it sounds from all rumours it`ll be a phenomenal coaster...….

But, I still think it`s a shame the lush greenery that surrounded the visitors centre is gone......it was a beautiful and a lovely area to walk around, as very few people went round the front of the building.

i-rCb78XR-X2.jpg

i-pwX5Lxx-X2.jpg

I think I already looked whooped in this picture below!! Although I could just have been squirming my eyes as the sun was incredibly bright.

i-nkNRXZX-X2.jpg

We gave the Hulk a miss this morning, I`m not sure why, but we decided to go straight to Dr Doom......a classic. Yet, much maligned from folks who think it`s a waste of time and a poor ride.....well, we love it and know a few folks who wouldn`t miss it either.......yes, it`s a short ride.....but that initial burst into the air.....is pure fun...….

i-rXrtVQp-X2.jpg

A man asked Tom if he would take a couple of pictures of him and his wife, Tom regularly gets asked to do this, or he often volunteers to take pictures.......I stood where the aircon was blasting out...….although it was still maniacally hot, it wasn't the surface of the sun hot that was the last few days we had experienced...…...

i-2nPt8Z4-X2.jpg

i-CscWD7x-X2.jpg

Spider-Man is another classic...….who doesn't love this ride.......and today it`s a complete walk on for EP and the regular line. But, we still like to use the EP......occasionally we will do the whole walk through for pictures, but not very often.

i-zG8FwMp-X2.jpg

The camera that checks your image when you scan the EP today again didn't recognise him at first......I saw the image they check and saw why it had happened a few times.......the original image they took, he was looking down to see where to put his feet, and the image was captured.....so every time he looked straight at it now, it didn't recognise him instantly, but the TM can see it`s him.......but happened every time this trip.....

i-T6gBfbD-X2.jpg

This always makes me laugh. Tom used to have a similar sign up in his office at work, and another that said If I ran the Zoo......but one of his employees had scored out the If part...….we have them up in our home office now.

i-kr6Jg2F-X2.jpg

This was such a good ride, we did it twice.....and the second time we got a car to ourselves again.

I never have motion issues on this ride. When the spinny part happens I focus my eyes on the head of the person in front of me, or the car itself...…..it really helps a lot. Some people can close their eyes to avoid that awful motion feeling, but that makes me worse, so doing the old ballet dancer trick works for me.

i-bntjfxW-X2.jpg

Round to one of the most colourful of places in the park...….and it`s almost deserted today...….sometimes that is nice for pictures.

i-qzQQzgh-X2.jpg

I like this water feature, but boy does that dog bark loud!!!!

i-D94dF6P-X2.jpg

i-ZZMjskG-X2.jpg

::yes::

I know this picture doesn't really show much, but I loved how the trees looked against such a vivid blue sky...….I do love a nice palm tree!!

i-MtTzNCc-X2.jpg

I still maintain this guy below looks like a teacher I used to have many years ago.......

i-RhnVg6B-X2.jpg

One of the first things we noticed as we walked around was old Popeye was missing from his usual spot around here...…..he had been replaced (temporarily) with some very pretty foliage.

i-QdD95VL-X2.jpg

This is one of our traditional pictures.....usually Tom looking quite exhausted and worn out.......this was right at the beginning and I was glad we did take it now, as near the end of our trip the sign had been removed.....again, I assume temporarily.

i-zXz3GJ3-X2.jpg

i-HhSSkJB-X2.jpg

i-KXdvbHS-X2.jpg

This is one ride we should have gone on today, it would have cooled us down massively...….but we didn't....you get completely drenched on this one.....and it does have a good drop!!! It`s fast.

i-Vjnn5w4-X2.jpg

Our next stop is Kong.

The regular line only showed 15 minutes, so we knew it would be a walk on for us, only stopping to be put in a row within the vehicle.....and it was.

This is a ride that regular line is worth seeing once. It`s not spectacular or unmissable, but there are bits you don't see from the EP line and you do of course get a scare now and again if you`re lucky...…..

i-LbrNvjj-X2.jpg

We were the only ones in line here today.....

i-hTvqmVt-X2.jpg

The TM said there were seats left on the vehicle sitting but it was row 5......we much prefer the rear of the bus so we asked if we could just wait for the next one as we liked the back rows......no problem.......

Although we looked at the vehicle and wondered where she thought our ample backsides were going to fit in row 5!!!! The row looked full already.

But, we got on the next one and we got the back row with only 2 other people in our row.......sometimes you do feel squished up, as they try to get as many people as possible in a vehicle. But, this was nice.

The ride itself is alright. One tip though....keep your mouth covered as you pass through some of the scenes......you get splattered with water a few times but the scenes look as though it`s something else. yuk.......

More IOA coming up...…...

We carried on round to Jurassic park area and as we passed Thunder Falls Terrace we realised it had been years since we`d eaten in here. We had liked it except for the way the line operated. When folks had the dreaded dining plan in front of you, they frequently held the line up as they didn't know what they were entitled to or a delay with paying for so many people and others paying for their own.......it`s not fun. So, if you had a hot meal, it was very cool by the time you got to pay. We did ask for a fresh dish of chicken and ribs once......it wasn't a problem to change it, but if they had a better line system it wouldn't happen.

But, I`m sure we`ll go back again one day. Kyle likes it here, so he may opt for us to eat here next month.

i-tqN3G2K-X2.jpg

We watch a few boats splash down and decide that we might as well go on this today.....we already look like we`re soaked anyway......it`s a mere 92F today, but no breeze at all and in the blazing direct sun it still feels hotter than that.

i-fPT4mVD-X2.jpg

We walk straight on and get the middle of the boat today, although there are only a few people on the boat with us.....each row has 2 or 3 folks and not all rows are filled up. This shouldn't be too bad a soaking if we do get one.

How wet you get is decided by how the boat is loaded and how heavy it is.......so, it really is just your luck how wet you do get. But, it`s a water ride, so plan to be soaked.......and don't wear a poncho!!!! Get wet...….

This ride has such a slow gentle start......it deceives you into thinking thats all it is......till you go off course...…..

And surprisingly we don't get soaked too bad.....mainly our heads and not much elsewhere....although the two ladies in front of us.....lol...they got the brunt of the water that did land in the boat...….everyone was laughing so hard as it is such a fun drop at the end....except for one of the two ladies.........

I often think how can you not smile coming off of this ride, even if you do look like a drowned rat.....which we kinda did too.....

i-QJrjJSc-X2.jpg

This next area is going to get such an overhaul in the next year or so.....it will be unrecognisable when this project is up and running.....so we take pictures so we can remember what it once looked like.....

Although this is very short term right now. It used to be filled with trees and shade, not it just feels open.

i-Vmzkvvs-X2.jpg

The Raptor encounter is something you need to do once. It`s a fun, cute little thing to do, but not something we`ll line up to do again. But, I`d recommend doing it if you`re passing and the line isn't too long.....but no longer than 20 minutes.....it`s not worth much longer than that.

i-FLMFhmt-X2.jpg

We wonder what the landscape here will be like two years from now...….

i-c6bWHFz-X2.jpg

Heading into Potter is always our favourite part round here...….it`s impressive and so familiar now....and a tradition to shoot this same image every visit.....

i-PKjhkNh-X2.jpg

The park did seem quiet today, although we were sure they were all going to be in Potter!!!! And it is pleasant walking through the parks when it is as quiet as this. I often yearn for the days before Potter when it really was the darkside and there were very few people here in September.......but thankfully Potter did arrive.

i-FqXSXmb-X2.jpg

i-CRN5RML-X2.jpg

You can just see the new bridge that has been completed from the side of Fire Eaters Grill.....

i-6nhdDkg-X2.jpg

And then we have the absolute jewel in the crown of Potter in IOA.......

The best and most impressive Castle in Florida...…... ::yes::

The bridge here is awash with folks taking pictures of it usually.....today it was almost deserted......

i-GnVPGFP-X2.jpg

As was this area.......here you have the Frog Choir perform, they are excellent and very, very good and also the Durmstrang lads and Beauxbaton ladies also have their show at certain times of the day......and today it looks quite deserted.

We didn't really feel like doing the ride today.....I think we were just enjoying wandering around and just taking in the scenery today....we had plenty of time to do the rides.

i-JBZSW7g-X2.jpg

i-Q4kTDj4-X2.jpg

The scenery and detail in this area always impresses me no end...….there is no one that can say it hasn't got the desired detail or design.....it is perfect and incredibly accurate to the description in the books....probably more so.

i-6qd8kR2-X2.jpg

i-FkLmj2k-X2.jpg

Again, the crowds were missing today.......I think most were lined up for Hagrids .....but we didn`t wait.

i-sq6JNKj-X2.jpg

It does look an impressive ride, and we knew we would ride it before we left this trip.......

i-xRMvTgg-X2.jpg

i-LwQqHkH-X2.jpg

Popping into the 3B`s is something we do some days, not all the time, as we do enjoy the lemonade or the pumpkin fizz....not to be confused with the incredibly thick and sweet pumpkin juice......that wasn't a pleasant experience trying the juice.....but the fizz is very nice. Too sweet to drink a full one on our own, so we share one between us. And having some time in the cool building is lovely........

i-SQPSK26-X2.jpg

i-67JLqmz-X2.jpg

i-vfpmSG4-X2.jpg

I didn`t think I had noticed this before In the centre of the building before.....I had of course seen the fireplace, but hadnt paid much attention to the bit in the middle. Always something new to notice every trip.

i-MhZmxGF-X2.jpg

i-PLGchxs-X2.jpg

We love standing at the bottom and listening to the house elves upstairs making their rummaging sounds and grumbling about one thing and another.......and we do get a few funny looks from people wondering what on earth we`re doing...….I guess not everyone knows about it.......

Today the barman chats for a bit and agrees that very few folks know to listen and even in the restaurant area, never look up......you do miss so much not looking up a lot of the times...….

i-fB4MPfb-X2.jpg

We enjoyed our pumpkin fizz and sat a little while just enjoying the cool....and although we don't want to eat the food in here, we do enjoy the aroma.....it does all smell so lovely.

Out the back is usually quiet too at this time of year......and I think most people are enjoying the cool inside too. There are only a few people who are enjoying their own little picnic and resting a little too.

i-9SNpbkK-X2.jpg

The new bridge is a little clearer here too......and the overhead pictures show it to be a fair width........

i-ghTzCwS-X2.jpg

Back inside we try not to disturb those eating and take a few pictures above us........it`s not too busy so we don`t have to stand too close to anyone while we do......I wouldn't do that.

i-CTTCZgx-X2.jpg

And there are some very cool things to view when you do look up....I did laugh as a man looked to see what we were looking at, and then snorted as if to say how ridiculous...….lol...…...each to their own........

i-FbdDtND-X2.jpg

i-ZrScQHF-X2.jpg

More IOA coming up.......

Wow what a great day. No crowds. And the Egret. I'm glad the mother caught the little boy. Let's leave the birds alone.

Well, I`ve learned the name of those birds today!!! I just realised I didn't know it when you posted it...….we always just called them herons.....

Yes, I hate seeing kids being allowed to chase and taunt birds or the ducks that are around...….

It was a fabulous day......the crowds were nonexistent and it felt at times we were the only ones on the path......then of course you turned the corner and there they were...….lol.......but no complaints...... :)

Ahhh I missed the start

I am back for the ride

Rob and I shall be sharing your trip and pretending we are there in spirit

In good news we have just booked next years stay and flights! :)

Hugs to you both! and Happy Birthday I think I missed them both and Tom's big 60th!

Ahhh I missed the start

I am back for the ride

Rob and I shall be sharing your trip and pretending we are there in spirit

In good news we have just booked next years stay and flights! :)

Hugs to you both! and Happy Birthday I think I missed them both and Tom's big 60th!

A very warm :welcome: back Matt........

So happy to see you back posting again........and fabulous news you have your trip sorted for next year!!! We’ll definitely catch up then hopefully!!! Are you at RPR again??

We haven’t set our dates in stone yet for September, we have a rough booking in place, but we can adjust that when we get flights booked for then.......

Thanks for the birthday wishes.......always appreciated......

And many hugs to you, Rob and cute little Jackson also......really glad to see you back again........:wave2:

I noticed your pic with the cinnamon whiskey in it, I have tried to buy a bottle of that for a few years now. I like cinnamon candies and cinnamon whiskey is a guilty pleasure.....ha, I even offered one of the guys $500 cash to let me have a bottle.........nope can’t do it he said, I told him come on I’ll drink the whiskey and put the bottle in one of our Harry Potter cabinets.....lol.......nope!

Oh the coconut pineapple was delicious yes!!! MS had that sent up for us, she is so kind!

LB sent up some fabulous strawberries at SF, such a wonderful fellow! We did really enjoy SF!

Last edited:
I noticed your pic with the cinnamon whiskey in it, I have tried to buy a bottle of that for a few years now. I like cinnamon candies and cinnamon whiskey is a guilty pleasure.....ha, I even offered one of the guys $500 cash to let me have a bottle.........nope can’t do it he said, I told him come on I’ll drink the whiskey and put the bottle in one of our Harry Potter cabinets.....lol.......nope!

Oh the coconut pineapple was delicious yes!!! MS had that sent up for us, she is so kind!

LB sent up some fabulous strawberries at SF, such a wonderful fellow! We did really enjoy SF!

I only like cinnamon in curries or with buns! We did try that cinnamon whisky on a previous trip but neither of us liked it very much.....but I don’t like whisky anyway. It does seem to be very popular.......

Yes, Sapphire is beautiful.......we always enjoy our trips there.

We started doing it years ago when Tom and I used to drive Raleigh cars on a weekend for fun......I miss those days!!!

It teaches you how to properly control a car in different circumstances, for example you spend time on the skid track and it teaches you properly how to deal with it. There’s other things too, but that’s the basics of it. It’s over and above your regular driving license that anyone gets. A driving test over here teaches you the basics.

Some folks today think it lowers your car insurance if you have one, we haven’t noticed anything, but thats not why we do it. We quite like a morning banging around in cars like that.

So for us it’s a fun thing to do, and that’s about it. I don’t know many folks who have one apart from a few. It’s not something that’s a necessity.

For us, we love driving, and in America it’s fun for us, the roads are different and driving is something we enjoy anyway. And being honest Tom usually drives at night if we are driving to a restaurant......but other than that, we share the driving.

That sounds really interesting. Both DH and I have our M for motorcycle certification and enjoy the feeling we get from that. I have always been intrigued by your rental car choices as they would not be ours.

In a previous life I owned 5 1967 Corvettes and my favorite newer model. I got divorced and had no garage but cash works.

Anyway I know so little about Europe models I didn’t know why you would choose them over a US Muscle Car...

Thank you for taking the time to explain Carole.....

That sounds really interesting. Both DH and I have our M for motorcycle certification and enjoy the feeling we get from that. I have always been intrigued by your rental car choices as they would not be ours.

In a previous life I owned 5 1967 Corvettes and my favorite newer model. I got divorced and had no garage but cash works.

Anyway I know so little about Europe models I didn’t know why you would choose them over a US Muscle Car...

Thank you for taking the time to explain Carole.....

lol.....it`s funny as motorbikes is one mode of fun we`d never entertain.....and it always amazes us in America the amount of people who drive them without helmets on....it`s the law in this country you have to wear them. The image of seeing these guys drive them in shorts and tees with flip flops and no helmet!!!! Jeremy Clarkson branded them mobile organ donors........but it`s scary to see that.

I hear you Wendy. We wouldn't drive a Maserati at home funnily enough.....and the type of cars we would really love to drive in the States aren't offered with rentals, so we take what`s available, not what we would really choose.

Some European cars are excellent......usually German......Mercedes, Porsche and then of course you have the fantasy cars like Lamborghini Aventador, Ferrari`s and the Bugatti Veyron.....so many more to choose from of course, but not practical on vacations.....so we keep driving them for track days.

So, until there is a fantasy car option, (that holds luggage :rotfl: ) we`ll have to stick to SUV`s...….

Hope you`re doing ok and always nice to see you post :wave2:

Last edited:
Coming out of the candy store, the heat swathes us again and yes, it`s tiny degree cooler than it has been, but it`s still hotter than we remember September being any other year...…..and although my face was redder than a traffic light and my hair looked like it had been stuck under a shower (thanks JPRA) we were loving it.

The atmosphere in these parks are always so much fun...….everyone looks so happy....well, except for the usual kiddy meltdowns.......but generally it`s a lovely environment.

I slip to the bathroom and there are a few people marvelling at hearing Moaning Myrtle whine her day away.......you can hear it fairly clear without having to listen to hard. Some people don`t know you can hear this and at first you can see them wonder what it is, then it dawns on them who it is...…lovely to watch......

Not today for Hagrid`s.........

i-xPRCxtx-X2.jpg

Always a classic image......the Hogwarts Express........usually the Station Master is in front of the train for picture opportunities, and they are all marvellous at staying in Character. One of them has been here since it opened and I think he is our favourite...…he is very British!!! So much so if he were a muggle he may have originally come from the UK!!! Always good to chat to him about muggle life......

i-8JcdRRn-X2.jpg

The Fountain was in full flow today.......he was one of the funnier ones who is particularly sarcastic at times.....very funny, and very good with kids, and their parents too!!! This is a cool way to spend half an hour or so listening to dry humour from the Fountain and his acerbic wit. I`ve spent many a time when Tom and Kyle did Duelling Dragons time after time after time......just sitting and listening and watching the delight of kids and the wry smiles of adults who understood the overtones of the jokes at times.....very clever!!

i-ScXHbPm-X2.jpg

We always spend a little time around here as it is so pretty.....and today we didn`t go behind where Sindbad used to be as it was just too hot.....we were ready to go into the shade for lunch now to be honest, but we do like it here.......

There`s a magic show shown in the building below, and sometimes they have art displays to have a wander around, and it`s cool!!!!

i-zD7cbBh-X2.jpg

i-shc2hNN-X2.jpg

I have a thing about Palm trees against the beautiful blue Floridian sky......absolutely gorgeous!!!

i-NZ53B2b-X2.jpg

Mythos, as most of you will know we haven't eaten here in a long time. One bad experience too many, but the building itself is stunning and extra pretty on a day like today.......again, we didn`t go round the front (or back if you prefer) and hear the troll who lives under the bridge, or see the views over the lagoon from the other side...…we sometimes do and sometimes don`t. But, either side is lovely. And not too many people go around the front of the building, so it`s usually quiet.

i-J63d5Sq-X2.jpg

i-7PqSdbs-X2.jpg

i-Sn2TLhS-X2.jpg

Going into Seuss......it`s almost deserted...….almost. It is so colourful and they do keep the colours permanently refreshed and as bright as they should be.......nothing looks dull or neglected.

i-F8nSVdG-X2.jpg

The Grinch is my favourite Seuss character......and the store here is crammed full of Grinch items.....

i-hdBzcsF-X2.jpg

I may or may not have purchased this item below :rolleyes1

i-pnHFXz8-X2.jpg

i-Fc3tqdn-X2.jpg

The little show was in full flow...…….it is cute, and of course the Grinch is the star of this one......you can see his disdain through his outfit.......so funny.

i-vzqtc8m-X2.jpg

I sneeze at this point.........:blush:

And of course it catches the attention of The Grinch and his two friends.........who then show they find it funny as I sneeze again......I never sneeze only once....it`s usually five sneezes and then I`m done.......and yes, the Grinch counted them and held up his hand to show five sneezes......lol.....

i-FSKrGzP-X2.jpg

They then realise they have missed their slot shot, so they wave then catch up with the rest of the dance...…..

I do like the Grinch!!!!

i-H3hd3R2-X2.jpg

We have a quick ride on CiTH and that is always a weird experience...….I really don't like those characters, but the ride is something you have to experience!!!!

Then we come across Tom`s favourite sign in the park!!! I think he has aspirations of world domination.....::yes::

i-N9pDRjF-X2.jpg

i-QcFQLJJ-X2.jpg

Finally it was lunch time.....albeit a little early......but we wandered into the cool and welcoming Confisco Grille........

i-m3H937n-X2.jpg

We always sing the praises of this restaurant...…..so many folks pass it by and don`t give it a thought. We first ate here in 2007 and loved it back then too. The menu was slightly different too of course, and had evolved nicely over the years.

Chef Jason is amazing.......he checks almost every single dish that goes out and his standards are high. We had one kind of off meal here once a few years back, but all the other meals have been lovely. Prices are incredibly reasonable for a sit down restaurant in the park and the new updated menu is lovely......a few really nice additions. Sadly they have removed my favourite chicken and shrimp sandwich......

i-ZzvMJKZ-X2.jpg

The kitchen is always in full flow, and I love how the chefs look very professional in proper whites.......

i-Sjxqx3Z-X2.jpg

We ordered a fanta for me and lemonade for Tom and then slowly perused the menu as it was a little different from before.......and looked around to see how pretty this place is....

i-HDp2wmQ-X2.jpg

It was fairly quiet as it wasn`t yet midday, almost there though and it did fill up more as we enjoyed our lunch.......

We knew they had an AP special dish, but although it was shrimp which we both love....it came with grits which we completely do not understand or like.....the very look of grits throws us off a little......so no special today!!! It was a good idea though, to have some places have a special AP dish.......

i-TJSSQGh-X2.jpg

i-mrNhSJv-X2.jpg

We had some bread and honey butter while we waited for our food and we could see them prepare it, well Tom could as we sat and you could here the chef talk what seemed to be a new guy through how he expected the dish to be served every single time......

i-rsCfknB-X2.jpg

Tom had opted for one of their new choices, the sweet and sour ribs......and the chef came over to ask how it looked as we had been the first people to order it......they were divine........

I hadn`t been too hungry and ordered the chicken wings with a side of honey mustard.......

i-XLxdCfD-X2.jpg

i-VVSk4PP-X2.jpg

The food was delicious!!!! Those ribs......I instantly regretted not ordering them.....they sat on polenta with goats cheese, neither of which Tom or I like, but this was lovely...…and the sauce was gorgeous.

My wings were almost like a second choice after trying them.....lol.....but, they were still nice. I knew we`d be back and I`d order the ribs again then. Tom complained I stole his dish again........

Chef Jason came over again to check how everything had been and Tom assured him the ribs were lovely......he was happy to hear we had enjoyed our food and we told him we visited every trip and had done for many years.......he did laugh when I said they were much better than Mythos!!!!

i-74SKKJQ-X2.jpg

i-FxK5G2L-X2.jpg

This mask was a little weird.......but fitted in with the rest of the décor around it.......not exactly very pretty…….

i-dVCxMjc-X2.jpg

i-4gVMT99-X2.jpg

Confisco`s is a unique little place and it was surprising to find such a place in the parks all those years ago.......it`s worth a visit for food if you`re in IOA......good food and good service too.

More coming up..........

Last edited:
We paid our check and headed out into the blazing sunshine of the middle of the day......and people looked so hot as they either came in or out of the park!!

Port of Entry is one of the most well themed and beautiful areas of the parks.......colours are vivid and dramatic, and they could theme most of the park this way for me...…they have many details that a lot of people miss out on, like standing under some of the buildings and just listen.....it`s fun!!!

One of our favourite stores is the Christmas Store...…..it`s festive all year round and the aroma as you enter immediately evokes all things of the Festive season......beautiful. They have amazing items for sale and I think we have purchased an awful lot of them!!!! Our Christmas trees at home are adorned by all things Christmassy from this store and around the home too!! We love Christmas.

i-cjVjNRt-X2.jpg

The little balcony above and to the side also has some sound effects.....and it`s cats. Not my favourite animal but it is very cute.....

i-VjGzmbp-X2.jpg

i-vVQtwzh-X2.jpg

i-SwhFxKt-X2.jpg

i-qBpRTXp-X2.jpg

I love this little hidden secret staircase......although it`s not really hidden as it`s in plain sight!!!

i-tkv5czv-X2.jpg

We exit the park and head for home, but this is such a beautiful area too....we often just wander out and spend some time just enjoying the buildings and their little signs that have a little humour in them or evoke thoughts of a long gone era......

i-FgdLkT2-X2.jpg

i-3FNCVV5-X2.jpg

i-B4SWWKn-X2.jpg

i-PGSBbD6-X2.jpg

i-G6MmhJw-X2.jpg

So much detail has been thought of and gone into these buildings. One of the hotel TM we know said he saw areas through new eyes after reading these trip reports, as he wanders into the park occasionally and doesn't really pay attention to what he passes often.

i-qxspjF4-X2.jpg

I`ve said many times, I love this little building...….we have a friend who has a villa in Tuscany and although this isn't an Italian design, it is very reminiscent of the entrance to her property......beautiful.

i-chkx8Tt-X2.jpg

Once out the gates we head for the walking path....it`s not worth walking to the boats from here as it`s quicker to walk usually, and the walk takes no time at all.

We do like Margaritaville........but not today.

i-XnJTZs5-X2.jpg

The boats are handy, no doubt, especially after a long evening at HHN....but walking is nice too. The path leads easily to the pool area of RP or you can cut up and go in the hotel lobby area, which is what you have to do if the pool is closed, or keep walking till you are back at the boat dock and go up that way.

i-H7rWLMf-X2.jpg

i-wVKS8Pt-X2.jpg

i-ttDGbS2-X2.jpg

The path itself is shady and a little cooler some days, you don`t really have to walk in open sunshine for very long......some of the plants including the red ones further down, we remember them being planted and they were so tiny....I wished we had taken pictures of them when that happened.

i-8ccjbbb-X2.jpg

i-QxL2pzk-X2.jpg

We got back home to our room and we had a chill down for the afternoon. I did some laundry and that takes a couple of hours with the dryer going too. Because we are here for such a long time, we don`t mind having to spend a couple of hours doing this, we don`t really lose any time. I can understand why some people don`t do laundry if they`re here for a shorter time or just bring loads of clothes!!!

Tom has a snooze and I go sit in the lounge for a while and have some water........it`s very quiet at this time of day unsurprisingly apart from a few folks checking in. I go back down and put the tv on in the sitting room while Tom snoozes......I`m not tired at all today.......

But, dinner plans tonight are somewhere we haven`t been before......and we are looking forward to it a lot.

I love the Florida sky!😍😍 There's a certain quality of light that I was associate with it. Even though we're only about 6 hours up the coast, it still looks different.

Shrimp and grits are a HUGE favorite where I live. I grew up eating grits and love them. It's definitely a regional thing. Real quality slow cooked grits are actually quite creamy and smooth...usually with tons of butter and cream!

Later in the afternoon we went up to the lounge for a sit down and a couple of glasses of wine for me....Tom was driving tonight, although the restaurant we were going to wasn't too far away. He`s not bothered about a drink and enjoys any excuse to drive the car anyway...….

Tonight the lounge again, wasn't too busy, but there was a steady line of folks coming in......the food tonight looked good and if we were eating here this would be something we would enjoy.

Orange Chicken is lovely.....and I do have a few little pieces just to keep me going till dinner later....and it is delicious, although I do add some tabasco sauce as it`s not in the slightest bit spicy.....but always fresh and tasty.

Tom had a little bit of salad and some cheese while I enjoyed some red wine.

i-hr8sKrK-X2.jpg

i-mThgzTL-X2.jpg

i-DmTprZQ-X2.jpg

i-tsPchjR-X2.jpg

We chatted and had some good laughs while we were in the lounge as always, but eventually we went down to get changed and ready to go for dinner.

Big Fin Seafood was our restaurant of choice tonight. It was on Sand Lake Road in a little plaza with a few other restaurants and we had never been here before.

Parking was in the lower level of the plaza and plenty of spaces. The elevator up however was boiling hot.....I don't think it had seen aircon in a long time!!!

It was a few minutes walk to the restaurant and on the way we snapped a few images of the area.

I do like a water feature..........

i-gbXck3N-X2.jpg

i-r5mGWS3-X2.jpg

i-7nx8bNV-X2.jpg

Because of where we parked we didn't go in the front entrance, but walked from the outside bar area at the rear to the check in desk......we immediately liked the restaurant and as we waited a few moments to be taken to our table, Tom was drawn to the displayed seafood close by.

i-NnHPrDF-X2.jpg

i-fPCpXPS-X2.jpg

We were taken to our table and it was a nice one with not too many folks around us. As it was a Tuesday it wasn't exactly heaving, but busy enough and it wasn't too noisy, but certainly wasn`t quiet...….

i-pcNthgM-X2.jpg

i-B8vfFtZ-X2.jpg

We did like the décor and definitely did like this new found restaurant already......

i-NTVftmK-X2.jpg

i-cP3sdf8-X2.jpg

Our waiter Jerry was excellent. He went through a few items on the menu as we said we hadn't been here before and he was very nice indeed. He asked if we were interested in the Magical Dining Menu which was nice here, but no, we wanted the regular menu only. Meanwhile, I chose a large Malbec and Tom went for his favourite lemonade...….

i-Z6hHfmz-X2.jpg

Can`t go wrong with some bread to start with.....

i-bJvjBGS-X2.jpg

Tom started with the crab cake which came with a mustard dip.....and I rather boringly opted for a jumbo shrimp cocktail...…..both were divine.

The crab cake was filled with crab and no fillers the way some have, and full of flavour……..my shrimp were plump and soft and had the freshest taste......nice choice.

i-w2Vdws5-X2.jpg

i-VmpKp4S-X2.jpg

For our entrees Tom rather bravely ordered a whole snapper.....usually he`s not one for ordering a fish with the head and tail still on, and usually he prefers the bones removed, but this sounded delicious and the way Jerry described it, Tom liked the sound of it.

And indeed the flesh did fall off the bones as was described......

i-QwjRXMH-X2.jpg

I wish I`d ordered something a little more adventurous once I had left......I opted for the selection of crab cake, shrimp and scallops and rather boringly just French fries...….

It was lovely, but I wish I`d ordered King Crab or something similar. Although Tom has to crack them for me as King Crab is hard to do for me, and with him enjoying his own dish, I thought I`d choose something simple.

i-ZK9tf5J-X2.jpg

Both dishes were lovely, Tom`s snapper was wonderful.....very delicate and flavoursome. My shrimp were ever so slightly overdone, but the scallops were perfect....barely cooked and translucent as they should be.

Jerry offered to take our picture as we finished the evening, and of course, why not.

i-GjhPWFB-X2.jpg

We had asked for dessert to go as we had no room really, so ordered a dessert called ooey gooey pie, and it was blueberry lemonade flavour tonight. It sounded delicious and we imagined a very decadent dessert similar to O` Charleys ooey gooey caramel pie.........

The evening had been lovely and we had really enjoyed it, the restaurant, ambiance and staff had all been wonderful, and the food had been beautiful. It had been a good decision to come here and we`d happily come back again. There were so many dishes we wanted to try.

Check paid we left the same way we came in and noticed how quiet this area was.....I imagined the weekend it would be slightly different, but it was deserted and some of the places had closed, it was only around 10pm or just after.

i-XxD36pz-X2.jpg

We got into the car, and headed back home......and at the traffic lights we were open mouthed when we saw a man trawl through the stationary traffic looking completely lost......he wasn't one of the homeless people that stalk the lights here during the day, he looked a regular guy who sadly, had some issues that night. We were relieved to see police officers arrive as we went through the lights very carefully. We did hope he was alright, things like this are hard to see.

It was nice to get home without any drama and we went straight up to our room tonight to enjoy the dessert.

The dessert however was a disappointment. We are still looking for the ooey gooey part!

It was just a cake......it was a nice cake, but I`d never have picked out it was blueberry lemonade. We were glad we didn`t get two.

i-FcgG3T3-X2.jpg

We watched some tv and then headed to bed...…..Tom asked what we had planned for tomorrow.…..nothing was the answer......we`d decide after breakfast...….today had been so lovely, we`d enjoyed the park and some lovely food and had a beautiful dinner tonight. I was ready for sleep now!!!

I love the Florida sky!😍😍 There's a certain quality of light that I was associate with it. Even though we're only about 6 hours up the coast, it still looks different.

Shrimp and grits are a HUGE favorite where I live. I grew up eating grits and love them. It's definitely a regional thing. Real quality slow cooked grits are actually quite creamy and smooth...usually with tons of butter and cream!

It is beautiful isn't it!! Yes, the light is somehow twinkly and shimmery, even during the day which is unusual......and we never see anything like that over here, even on our best days!!!!

I wish I could like grits. We got a meal from a farmers market once, it was an egg dish and we didn't see it came with grits in it...….bleurgh....I almost did a very unladylike thing and spat it out on the path!!!! :blush:

I didn't though...….I like the sound of the butter and cream though......lol.......yes, regional food does take some getting used to at times. :wave2:

Enjoying as always!

I love the pictures of DA and KA during the HHN. Nice time to get pictures.

IOA looks like very low crowds this day. We love Spider-Man. I have never tried Dr. Doom. Is it like ToT? I probably would like it.

How nice to spend an afternoon with a fellow Diser!

Enjoying as always!

I love the pictures of DA and KA during the HHN. Nice time to get pictures.

IOA looks like very low crowds this day. We love Spider-Man. I have never tried Dr. Doom. Is it like ToT? I probably would like it.

How nice to spend an afternoon with a fellow Diser!

We`ve always been so lucky meeting Disers, everyone we`ve met has been lovely and we still keep in touch with most. Some have become very good friends. So, yes this was a lovely meet up.....

Dr Doom is a shoot you up ride...….sounds a bit bad I know, but you are ejected quickly up and you drop quickly too, then its a kind of slow bounce and you`re down.......it is short, but so much fun. If you like drops, you`ll enjoy it. I loved ToT and fully admit that it is better than Doom.....there is a fabulous story behind ToT that Doom just doesn't have...but for a quick thrill, it`s fab!!

The park was very quiet that day......we love days where you can move around freely without feeling crowded all the time. And yes, getting pictures easily is another benefit....

I`m so glad you`re enjoying reading along Caroline...... :wave2:

I think I'll be ordering the Spaghetti with Grilled Shrimp and Clams on my first visit to Confisco Grille.
Sounds delicious!!

I think I'll be ordering the Spaghetti with Grilled Shrimp and Clams on my first visit to Confisco Grille.
Sounds delicious!!

That‘s what Tom was originally going to order......they do a similar dish in Vivo he loved.......but the ribs won him over.......::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts