WHO YA GONNA CALL" 29 NIGHTS OF GHOSTBUSTERS, MONSTERS & MORE - A 2019 HHN/SFR/RPR TR

Just check the water first, rare that they come up that close to the shore. I'm more worried about you and Dorian.......eeek

lol.....yes, it`s one of those things we can`t worry about as we can`t do anything about the weather.

We were delayed getting to Orlando for two extra days in NYC when Irma hit in 2017, one of those things......so we try to look at it positively......not much else we can do really.....will look at forecasts over the weekend and by then the airline will have made a decision. Flights over the weekend being delayed may impact us of course. But......again.....what can you do...….we`ll just have to go with the flow.. :)

Hi Carole - I became a member on the boards to let you know that I've read all your trip reports and have enjoyed them so much!! My family stayed at PBH August 11-17 and went to Confisco twice during the trip based on your recommendation. We loved it. They are changing the menu so the second day we went (during a rainstorm) we got to try the new chicken sandwich and the shrimp/clam pasta dish - both of which were really good. It is on our list now as a must do. We also made it a point to go to StrongWater Bar and loved it there as well. We walked back through the RP walkway that I only knew was there because of your trip reports. So thank you for all the invaluable information - our trip was so smooth and so much fun. We upgraded our tickets to AP and will be back for Easter!!

Have a wonderful trip, can't wait to read all about it when you're back.

I’m so glad you have a long trip in case Dorian causes some delays for you at the beginning!!

Have a wonderful trip and I will be excited to hear all about it!

Hi Carole - I became a member on the boards to let you know that I've read all your trip reports and have enjoyed them so much!! My family stayed at PBH August 11-17 and went to Confisco twice during the trip based on your recommendation. We loved it. They are changing the menu so the second day we went (during a rainstorm) we got to try the new chicken sandwich and the shrimp/clam pasta dish - both of which were really good. It is on our list now as a must do. We also made it a point to go to StrongWater Bar and loved it there as well. We walked back through the RP walkway that I only knew was there because of your trip reports. So thank you for all the invaluable information - our trip was so smooth and so much fun. We upgraded our tickets to AP and will be back for Easter!!

Have a wonderful trip, can't wait to read all about it when you're back.

:welcome: along to Deb1993...…..

I`m so pleased you`ve come out of lurkdom and posted.......and it`s always a pleasure to read such lovely compliments!!!

I`ll take them all......::yes::

I`m excited to read Confisco have changed some of their menu items......I like the sound of the shrimp and clam dish.....and new chicken sandwich!!! I can`t even remember the last time they changed their menu!!!! But, I`m so glad you enjoyed it...….and Strong Water too......feels like our spiritual home there.....lol......

Upgrading to an AP is wonderful too......and Easter is your next trip!! Fantastic......

Again, thank you for such wonderful sentiments...….and I hope you enjoy this one too, look forward to your comments along the way :wave2:

I’m so glad you have a long trip in case Dorian causes some delays for you at the beginning!!

Have a wonderful trip and I will be excited to hear all about it!

Welcome home Caroline!!!!

I am so excited to read about your trip...…..I hope you had a truly wonderful time...….

Yes, we`ll be delayed going out no doubt, but...….these things happen, so our motto is always go with the flow.....lol....not much else you can do....but we still have a long trip ahead even if we miss a few days......it looks a nasty storm!!! Thank you, we`ll certainly try to enjoy it......lol.....

But, glad you`re back and will check out your trip report when it starts....... :wave2:

Thank you for the good wishes you’ve sent!!

Of course worrying about a trip when folks are in danger may seem fickle, but we are always concerned about locals too of course. We have many friends in the Orlando area and beyond......and have been incredibly worried about what may happen to them. And continue to wish everyone good and safe wishes.

But, we knew our flight Tuesday would be cancelled. So, being the pragmatists that we are, we thought we`d leave it till Saturday to see what happened.

Meanwhile, I did contact our very good friend and explained we will be delayed. He was fabulous and said just let him know what the changes would be and when we would arrive at the hotel. Perfect.

Long story short, we now fly out Thursday 5th, which is our wedding anniversary........and we are so happy with that decision. Even if the storm does pass by, which we all hope it does, there will still be effects on Tuesday and we`d rather miss them. So if our flight is reinstated, we`ll keep Thursday. We are still in Premium although not in the same seats, but that`s a non issue...….we`d have sat on the wing if it meant getting there!!! Our airline were good and didn't charge any amendment fee as they usually do if you wanted to change flights, or cancel completely. We were lucky we got through fairly quickly so didn't have to wait forever to speak to someone from the airline.

Alamo were also excellent. Arriving two days later would normally be considered a no show, but we spoke to them and they said they would honour all bookings. We printed that email off when they sent it. Just in case. I think in such an extreme circumstance most of them will offer this. Or they should do.

They were the same when we got delayed for two days in NY when Irma hit.......after some very long calls thankfully from the hotel concierge desk, it was sorted. So, been very impressed with Alamo again.

I`m sure I`ll tell the full story in the trip report, but suffice to say, we are very relieved and happy with the way it all turned out.

We still have 27 nights in Orlando......losing two nights isn't the worst thing that could have happened.......

These things are awful when they happen, but we cannot worry about things we can`t control.....and although I`m a terrible worrier usually, this isn't one of the things as we genuinely cannot control it.

We are still less than a week to go, so still very excited!!!

I'm so glad you got it all worked out! I was worried for you.

Thanks Andrea...…..

It was one of these things..…..and the second time we`ve been delayed by two days with a hurricane. Irma in 2017 and now this one...….but fingers crossed it doesn't cause any damage to anyone...….

Hope you`re doing ok too..….. :wave2:

We are still a few days out from a determination on whether or not we will have to evacuate. We always leave if the governor orders it. I really hope we don't have to!

It was one of these things..…..and the second time we`ve been delayed by two days with a hurricane. Irma in 2017 and now this one...….but fingers crossed it doesn't cause any damage to anyone...….

Great way to look at it Schumi. So glad your hotel, airline and car rental are all sorted do to your delay in leaving.

Lots of prayers going out that no damage is caused or lives put in jeopardy.

I-4Bound hope things don’t get to point where you and your family have to evacuate.

We are still a few days out from a determination on whether or not we will have to evacuate. We always leave if the governor orders it. I really hope we don't have to!

Oh my goodness!!! Must be such a daunting thought to be evacuated. It`s a scenario we just don't see over here, except for the occasional flooding in certain areas.

But something as massive as this is downright terrifying.

Sending many good wishes it passes you by!!! :hug:

Great way to look at it Schumi. So glad your hotel, airline and car rental are all sorted do to your delay in leaving.

I-4Bound hope things don’t get to point where you and your family have to evacuate.

Thanks Robo.....Yes, everything fell into place in the end. We were worried we`d make the wrong decision.....if we alter flights, it may not be as bad, if we don't alter the flight it`ll be cancelled anyway and all the closest flights will be full!

So, it worked out and although we weren't worried as such, it`s just more comfortable to know what`s happening.

Yes, truly hope no lives are lost. In the UK we`ve had massive storms and the waves were terrifyingly high.....in the papers, are stories of folks standing on piers and cliffs to "enjoy" the high waves......sadly most had to be rescued by the Lifeboat Crew who then put their life in danger rescuing these idiots, or worse, have their body retrieved. They have no idea of the power of these things.

Oh my goodness!!! Must be such a daunting thought to be evacuated. It`s a scenario we just don't see over here, except for the occasional flooding in certain areas.

But something as massive as this is downright terrifying.

Sending many good wishes it passes you by!!! :hug:

Thanks, y'all! Hurricane season is just a part of life around here, and I try not to get too emotionally invested in the storm watching. Otherwise, it just makes me crazy! Seems like we have had to evacuate an awful lot these past few years. Some school districts have snow days, we have hurricane days!

Thanks, y'all! Hurricane season is just a part of life around here, and I try not to get too emotionally invested in the storm watching. Otherwise, it just makes me crazy! Seems like we have had to evacuate an awful lot these past few years. Some school districts have snow days, we have hurricane days!

I can`t imagine going through that regularly.

Watching one devastating forecast after another must be soul destroying when your property and life are potentially at risk. I have to admit, we actively avoided all the threads on here and weather reports, as so early on most were guess work, so no point in reading them......but it`s amazing folks are always keen to tell you how bad it`s going to be!!!!

Will keep everything crossed for you.....

Good planning Carole! I’m so happy it wasn’t difficult to make the changes. I’m hoping Dorian stays out in the ocean and loses strength before hitting land!

Models are showing the track staying further east but really who knows until it is closer!

Good planning Carole! I’m so happy it wasn’t difficult to make the changes. I’m hoping Dorian stays out in the ocean and loses strength before hitting land!

Models are showing the track staying further east but really who knows until it is closer!

Thanks Caroline......yes, it was inevitable, so we knew it was coming, and thankfully it all seemed to just fit. We feel incredibly happy at going on Thursday now...….our flights can go up and above weather like that, so I`m not worried about the flight at all if there is bad weather around us......I`m one of these weird people who love turbulence.

But, yes, continued good wishes it disappears with little to no damage to anyone in it`s path.

Seasoned traveler that you are I figured you roll with the flow. Good that things are sorted anyway though!
yeah some are in earthquake country (now THAT would be scary to me!), some in hurricane area, we have the snow storms and tornado seasons. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best, help pick up the pieces when needed.

Seasoned traveler that you are I figured you roll with the flow. Good that things are sorted anyway though!
yeah some are in earthquake country (now THAT would be scary to me!), some in hurricane area, we have the snow storms and tornado seasons. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best, help pick up the pieces when needed.

Yep....going with the flow is the best way to be......we are glad to have it all sorted, we knew it would be, but uncertainty is never fun.

Yes, earthquake areas terrify me and tornados too. I also have an irrational fear of tidal waves...….I guess watching the Poseidon Adventure as a child wasn't the best idea mum..…..lol...….and one of the many reasons I`ll never do a cruise...….:o although Keisha does make them sound fabulous......

.I guess watching the Poseidon Adventure as a child wasn't the best idea mum..…..lol...….and one of the many reasons I`ll never do a cruise...….:o although Keisha does make them sound fabulous......
Made me literally LOL!
It's funny-the big cruise ships you can go and never even realize you are on the ocean and moving at a quite a clip! Even the smaller ones it is easy to forget. I cruise to see and feel the ocean though, so need my balcony!

Made me literally LOL!
It's funny-the big cruise ships you can go and never even realize you are on the ocean and moving at a quite a clip! Even the smaller ones it is easy to forget. I cruise to see and feel the ocean though, so need my balcony!

lol...…..it`s true though!!!! That movie haunted me more than Jaws ever could!!!

I see images of cruises and they do always look so lovely...…..one just left London yesterday.......folks could spend 245 days on the ship......longest world cruise there is I read.…...lots of stop offs, but jeez...….I`d go crazy.....but, although I have always lived beside the ocean, both coasts, I hate deep water! Terrifies me...….oh I`d need a balcony too if I was ever to do one...…..

Everyone says the same thing though, you don't feel as though you are at sea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts