WHO YA GONNA CALL" 29 NIGHTS OF GHOSTBUSTERS, MONSTERS & MORE - A 2019 HHN/SFR/RPR TR

Image result for funny travel memes

Yep....someone asked me this morning if I was packed yet!!!!!

I just looked at her.....as she knows me so well!!!

Last minute packer here too!! I do have the suitcases out, but that is only because we went to the beach a couple of weeks ago and I never put them back in the attic when we returned home. :rotfl2:

:welcome: crabbymom.......nice to see you on this report too......

Lol......love the meme.........And you’re off tomorrow!!

Have a wonderful trip and look forward to you posting when you get back......you are at Sapphire Falls aren’t you??

Yes, Sapphire Falls. I am so excited to stay there for the first time! I am looking forward to trying all the yummy new drinks you have written about (Fool's Gold :drinking1). Sad that we won't get to Teak this trip because thanks to you we LOVE that place, but we are bringing three newcomers so we will probably just stay around the parks and City Walk...plenty of places there too so I am not upset about that at all!

Also, we will be attending Passholder Appreciation Night as US so hopefully I will have lots to report about that as well. I don't know that we will even try for Hagrids this trip, we will be back in February so hopefully the crazy waits will have died down by then!

Last minute packer here too!! I do have the suitcases out, but that is only because we went to the beach a couple of weeks ago and I never put them back in the attic when we returned home. :rotfl2:

Lol.....oh that’s us too!

I have to admit our cases have been in one of the spare rooms since we got back.......didn’t seem worthwhile putting them in the attic......any excuse of course........you do have a good excuse.......you have used them!! Ours will need a dust....:-)

Yes, Sapphire Falls. I am so excited to stay there for the first time! I am looking forward to trying all the yummy new drinks you have written about (Fool's Gold :drinking1). Sad that we won't get to Teak this trip because thanks to you we LOVE that place, but we are bringing three newcomers so we will probably just stay around the parks and City Walk...plenty of places there too so I am not upset about that at all!

Also, we will be attending Passholder Appreciation Night as US so hopefully I will have lots to report about that as well. I don't know that we will even try for Hagrids this trip, we will be back in February so hopefully the crazy waits will have died down by then!

Oh I thought it was Sapphire you were staying at!

Oh I hope you enjoy Ashley’s Fools Gold......if you like that you’ll love Lenny’s creation The Lazy River.......I cannot wait to have them in September.

Shame you’ll miss Teak, but definitely there are plenty of places to enjoy within parks and Citywalk too.....and the AP night sounds fun too, look forward to hearing all about it when you get back.......of course not wishing your trip away!!! And yes, it’s lovely your back so soon if you don’t get on Hagrids this time........maybe you’ll be lucky and just hit the right time......

Have a wonderful time........ :wave2:

Yep.....excitement is getting higher in the schumi household...….it always seems a long wait....then it`s here......

And you too, it`s not that far away either!!!!

We’re getting closer. I go on holiday the same day as one of my colleagues, so we’ve been counting down together much to everyone else’s annoyance.

We are positively ready to go right now!!!! Especially since it`s already starting to cool down here……..trees are starting to change into autumnal colours….so yes, that Florida weather is extra appealing right now!!!

I don’t know what it’s been like where you are but it’s been downright nasty in the south east today - cold, wet and just generally miserable. Makes me look forward to the sunshine all the more.

We’re getting closer. I go on holiday the same day as one of my colleagues, so we’ve been counting down together much to everyone else’s annoyance.

I don’t know what it’s been like where you are but it’s been downright nasty in the south east today - cold, wet and just generally miserable. Makes me look forward to the sunshine all the more.

Lol.....one of my friends goes back to her villa in Italy same day we fly out.....so we are torturing everyone when we get together.......”how many sleeps now”........so annoying.......for everyone else......for us it’s a hoot!! Oh keep that countdown going.......

Yes, miserable here too. Rain and just gloomy all day.....same yesterday. And yes, it’s cold too.......we had a high of 15c (60F) today.......we even put the heating on for half an hour just to stop it feeling cool. It’s stopped raining now ironically.....as it begins to get a little darker....winter is almost here :sad2:

So, yes, we’re also ready for some genuine sunshine and heat!

Lol.....one of my friends goes back to her villa in Italy same day we fly out.....so we are torturing everyone when we get together.......”how many sleeps now”........so annoying.......for everyone else......for us it’s a hoot!! Oh keep that countdown going.......

Yes, miserable here too. Rain and just gloomy all day.....same yesterday. And yes, it’s cold too.......we had a high of 15c (60F) today.......we even put the heating on for half an hour just to stop it feeling cool. It’s stopped raining now ironically.....as it begins to get a little darker....winter is almost here :sad2:

So, yes, we’re also ready for some genuine sunshine and heat!
60 degrees?? That's crazy! It's 92 degrees here today, and my AC unit broke this morning. Thankfully, we were able to get it fixed for a fairly reasonable price, but it's going to take hours for my house to get below 80 degrees. I am definitely ready for some cooler weather, especially since school is getting ready to start. It's just a pipe dream for me, because it won't really get chilly until late October or November around here

60 degrees?? That's crazy! It's 92 degrees here today, and my AC unit broke this morning. Thankfully, we were able to get it fixed for a fairly reasonable price, but it's going to take hours for my house to get below 80 degrees. I am definitely ready for some cooler weather, especially since school is getting ready to start. It's just a pipe dream for me, because it won't really get chilly until late October or November around here

Isn’t it crazy!! It’s mid August.......

Oh no! Glad you got it sorted......I couldn’t imagine dealing with that heat without aircon for any length of time........we had an immense heatwave for 4 or 5 days earlier in the month and it was dreadful as aircon isn’t the norm over here in homes.......but for you guys.......wow.......and glad it wasn’t too expensive.....these things are never cheap!

Our weather varies from week to week....we could get a heatwave in September then snow in October......not usually but wouldn’t be surprised. We have no set season anymore.

School starts for you too soon? I used to hate when school went back as I always loved having Kyle and his friends around........kept me busy with snacks and stuff........ ::yes::

Happy to have found another one of your TR's, as usual late to the party as your trip is coming up soon!! 29 nights...wow! Can't imagine! You will be practically a local!

still trying to master the selfie.........we are getting better!!!!

That's a really good selfie! You must have long arms!

so we did.....visiting Orlando is a full time hobby!!!!

That is my kind of hobby!

But......on the other hand......most of the houses are spectacular.....the theme and detail in them is beyond anything I`ve ever seen. Some years are obviously better than others for us, but overall the event is phenomenal and not to be missed....

This sounds amazing. I'm not much for the rides at US parks because I'm a wimp, which is why I mostly stick to Disney, but this HHN seems awesome!

Stranger Things will be enjoyable..…...

I would definitely be into that...but not for the long lines!

Happy to have found another one of your TR's, as usual late to the party as your trip is coming up soon!! 29 nights...wow! Can't imagine! You will be practically a local!

That's a really good selfie! You must have long arms!

That is my kind of hobby!

This sounds amazing. I'm not much for the rides at US parks because I'm a wimp, which is why I mostly stick to Disney, but this HHN seems awesome!

I would definitely be into that...but not for the long lines!

:welcome: Kathy.......always welcome.....and no, you’re not too late......lol........

Yes, we do feel like locals.......our friend described us to someone as having residency there at RP like the stars do in Vegas......lol.....I wish!!

We always feel quite righteous when we can say, yes we do have a hobby and know we’re being truthful......oh I completely understand about the rides.....they’re not for everyone. People like what they like........and Disney do have some excellent rides, and so many other things to enjoy.

Oh we wouldn’t do HHN without the EP! No way could or would we stand in line for hours at a time.....much as though I love the houses and the whole event, that amount of waiting is a nightmare thought.......kudos to those that do wait in line, but not for us.........

But, lovely to see you here, always nice to see you comment.......:wave2:

Isn’t it crazy!! It’s mid August.......

Oh no! Glad you got it sorted......I couldn’t imagine dealing with that heat without aircon for any length of time........we had an immense heatwave for 4 or 5 days earlier in the month and it was dreadful as aircon isn’t the norm over here in homes.......but for you guys.......wow.......and glad it wasn’t too expensive.....these things are never cheap!

Our weather varies from week to week....we could get a heatwave in September then snow in October......not usually but wouldn’t be surprised. We have no set season anymore.

School starts for you too soon? I used to hate when school went back as I always loved having Kyle and his friends around........kept me busy with snacks and stuff........ ::yes::

Yes, the grocery bill has been killing me all summer! Haha. The kids go back next week. It's my son's senior year, and I'm trying not to get too sappy about it.

Yes, the grocery bill has been killing me all summer! Haha. The kids go back next week. It's my son's senior year, and I'm trying not to get too sappy about it.

Lol.....oh goodness yes.....they could always put away a stash of goodies and snacks.....

Oh that’s quite a thing though.......yes, you’re definitely allowed to be sappy then........:hug:

Image result for images of 3 weeks till vacation

Yes with 3 weeks to go we are really starting to amp up the excitement of it getting so close.

Although we were only there in May, it seems like ages since we were in Orlando....how we ever coped with visiting once a year...…. :scared1: I have no clue...…..it certainly isn't any less special going more often.

Food and restaurants are certainly a part of our trips that we enjoy as most of the places in Florida, we don't have anything like in the UK. So, we do like to take advantage.....as most of you already know of course.....lol...….

Here are just a rundown of a few of our regular haunts...

ORLANDO ALE HOUSE

This place is hard to beat, and we have lost count of the amount of times we have eaten here...both for lunch and dinner.

It does get busy during the day, especially on the weekends, and the evenings are lively to say the least. We really like the atmosphere in here and although there are some families go here, it`s mainly adults, which is nice at times. But, it is family friendly......

Sitting on Kirkman close to the Doubletree Suites it`s so handy for us to either drive or get an ODC from outside the hotels.....

They have a lovely menu, with a huge choice of food for everyone you could think of......every meal we`ve had from here has been excellent. Prices are incredibly low for the standard and service you receive...….

IMG_9751%20%282%29-X2.jpg

Again, being rather dull we always seem to get the same appetiser…...the Potstickers are delicious...….they have pork inside and are much better fried than steamed......we tried the steamed once, and it was like eating sponge! It comes with a sweet chilli sauce and there are enough you can share.

i-2zScLMK-X2.jpg

i-BL6z2KJ-X2.jpg

Tom always loves when I say let`s go to the Ale House.....and the many options he has are always fabulous, but he does love the ribs.....incredibly tender and the sauce is delicious......

i-mgsp3xx-X2.jpg

I am a little fussy when it comes to steak, but this cheap and cheerful Filet has always been lovely......for $20 I have always had a steak that's been perfectly cooked and tasty enough....asking for medium rare here has always meant exactly that. Don`t ask for much really...

i-MNC5xDH-X2.jpg

i-ttXbr7n-X2.jpg

Their pitchers are fabulous and we do enjoy the sangria...….the last pitcher was a little too sweet for us, but usually it`s just perfect......won`t stop us ordering another one. They do a good line in drinks and have some pretty decent wines on their menu which did surprise me.....the one beside Tom a few images up is one we order in the Palm.....and the price difference is amazing of course......lol......

Every night they have a special and one of those is a Prime Rib. This does run out on occasion and I think the night Tom had it, about 10 minutes later they told the couple beside us it was finished. It was tasty and again, well cooked.

i-4Prm5pR-X2.jpg

IMG_9748%20%282%29-X2.jpg

Tom enjoys the chicken and shrimp cobb salad although he now asks for it with no blue cheese as he doesn't like it...…neither do I......but the salad itself is incredibly filling and very tasty too.

The big red is a buster of a sandwich...…...fried chicken breast in a spicy sauce topped with cheese..….I did get a side of the honey lime siracha as it still wasn't spicy enough for me...….but it is delicious.

They have a fabulous zinger salad and a variety of sauces to go with the zingers.....from very mild to very, very hot...….I like the two before the hottest one.....they`re quite spicy enough for me.

IMG_9749%20%282%29-X2.jpg

And again with the filet, with a side of boom boom shrimp...…..

i-Bg63ppm-X2.jpg

It really is a fabulous place to visit anytime of the day......you wouldn't be disappointed!!!! And one we plan to visit a couple of times this upcoming trip.

NYPD PIZZA

There are two of these close to Universal. One in the Metro West area and the other on Universal Blvd...….

Universal Blvd is a much better choice. It has more life about it and an overall better atmosphere than the Metro West one. It is situated in a strip mall on the same area as a large and very nice Publix, you cant really miss it from the road if you were looking for it.

It is a busy little place, and is filled with emergency service workers.....and some hospital folks too. Always good to see them as it`s usually a sign of very good food.

i-fStSnJz-X2.jpg

It does regular and make your own pizza and they are beautiful......thin and crispy base that doesn't just crunch...…which is how we like it.....

We`ve only had one appetiser, which was the boneless wings, but they were decent....and nice and spicy!!!!

i-nmFCr7X-X2.jpg

My go to pizza is a bbq base, with chicken, pineapple and jalapenos......can`t get a better choice for me...I have this one at home too where available....although I sometimes end up making my own….Tom is quite traditional and likes the regular tomato base and it`s usually a meat feast for him.....

i-hBBF7pB-X2.jpg

i-Jbj4qmr-X2.jpg

i-dHCBsRF-X2.jpg

They do some fabulous salads and sandwiches too. Tom has enjoyed the mozzarella roll and the chicken parmesan sub below......and I have to say the fries are quite nice too!!!!

i-3PJVw79-X2.jpg

BETH`S BURGERS

In the same area is the very wonderful Beth`s Burger Bar...….

i-bwrxMxg-X2.jpg

Proof once again that one girl can beat Five Guys is her tagline...….I have to admit that patty style burgers aren't my burger of choice...probably one of the reasons I didn't like Steak and Shake.....but these are very nice and they have load of topping choices to opt from......you really are spoilt for choice in here...….

i-3CTKZZb-X2.jpg

Everything is cooked to order, you order at the counter and they bring it over to you......it`s always full of locals and very popular. And somewhere we have never gone on an evening, but I think it`ll be very busy.

i-fbszVSV-X2.jpg

The buns are those sweet ones we love......O`Charleys used to have them too and it`s one of the few places I actually eat the bun. Sorry you can`t really see the patties here, too much lettuce. But, very tasty......

i-Tg9HTgG-X2.jpg

We can thoroughly recommend this place for a cheap and very tasty lunch or dinner.....their menu is nice and they do have a full bar too.

HOT N JUICY CRAWFISH

This was a real find for us last few years...….we had seen it and never thought to try it. But, we are so glad we did.

i-srQ9b6F-X2.jpg

i-bZZmXFs-X2.jpg

i-khDVj4J-X2.jpg

If you don't like ripping the heads and tails off of shrimp and any other seafood, this place isn't for you....but we love it.

Food comes steamed in a bag.....yep, a clear plastic bag......no plates in here.....

You choose your seafood and then the flavour and spice level you`d like......Tom has medium and I always get hot......they are perfect for both of us.....

This one is 1lb of shrimp and Tom had the snow crab on this visit.....he has tried the crawfish but now sticks to the shrimp too. It`s hard to beat....they are plump and tasty beyond belief.

i-F8GKp7g-X2.jpg

Everything you don't eat gets chucked in the bucket on the table......they also have a large roll of paper to wipe your hands and also plastic gloves if you want them...….you really do look good with your plastic bib and ripping a shrimp to pieces...…..glad we don't take pictures of that!!!!

i-NctBQ9z-X2.jpg

We did order a side of the Cajun fries which were spicier than we thought.....but very fresh and as fries should be.

i-GZZK87D-X2.jpg

i-6mMPVth-X2.jpg
I just wanted to say a HUGE THANK YOU for writing your trip reports!! We spent our week long vacation last week staying at Royal Pacific and going to the Universal parks for 5 days and we had the best time! This was the first time that we focused entirely on Universal Studios and we absolutely loved it! The unlimited express pass that comes with the Royal Pacific stay was amazing, as we never waited more than 10 minutes for any ride. The hotel is beautiful and the scent in the lobby smelled so good I asked the front desk if they sold it and sure enough, they do! I have already ordered 5 room sprays lol! We also were able to eat at the Orlando Ale House and NYPD Pizza and both were absolutely delicious!!! I am already trying to convince my husband to come back with me early next year for another week. Thank you again for all of the information that you put into your reports and I can't wait to hear all about your upcoming trip:thanks:

Yes, we do feel like locals.......our friend described us to someone as having residency there at RP like the stars do in Vegas......lol.....I wish!!
Hahaha good one. Reading this just jogged something out of my dusty memory I’ve been wanted to ask you. Have you ever considered renting the storage tub/container that many frequent DVC people do? Believe the company is still a sponsor here. Had tossed the idea around, if only for park clothes/gear I never wear at home but never acted upon on it since we usually fly SWA & they still offer lots of free luggage options

our friend described us to someone as having residency there at RP like the stars do in Vegas......lol.....I wish!!

Seriously, staying in a hotel for 29 consecutive days...you might as well be a rockstar!! Everyone will know you! So awesome!

much as though I love the houses and the whole event, that amount of waiting is a nightmare thought.......kudos to those that do wait in line, but not for us.........

No way without the EP for me either. So are all the houses just like haunted houses that you walk through? I didn't even know they did this...I think the way you visit with your AP and the EP makes it worthwhile...it sounds like it would be expensive and you would not get much done with just the regular tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!