WHO YA GONNA CALL" 29 NIGHTS OF GHOSTBUSTERS, MONSTERS & MORE - A 2019 HHN/SFR/RPR TR

I do love Ghostbusters and Stranger Things! It's the movies like Halloween, Saw, Final Destination...I can't do any of those. But I did love Evil Dead 2, that was just funny! :D

I can't wait to hear if you are planning any new adventures for your mammoth, wonderful month of Orlando!

Evil Dead is so funny......lol.......I can’t watch certain movies like Hostel or Saw either.........Final Destination I weirdly enjoyed, but gruesome horror films I won’t watch......but I love tense psychological movies......and for me Halloween (the original only) scares me to bits! But I love it...... :thumbsup2

Yes, we need to come up with something new this trip.......not quite sure what that’ll be.......with HHN as our main focus we haven’t given much thought yet.......may just be a new place to visit.......I’m sure a new restaurant will fit in there somewhere.........lol.........

I am totally looking forward to the Ghostbusters house.......

You know mac.....it’s one of two houses we are most excited about this year......that and the classic monsters........grew up watching those and loved them so much........and of course Ghostbusters is a classic.......I can’t wait to see how they’ve worked this as a house this time.......the SA will be very interesting to observe......... :thumbsup2

I recently read someone say folks who took pictures of food and posted it anywhere was weird...…..ok, I`ll be that weird person then....and I`m very happy to be that person... ::yes::

Image result for food is an important part of my day gif

Food pictures have become incredibly popular over the last years....and although I don't have any kind of Facebook/Instagram or twitter......this is the only social media I have......and I like food pictures, so will continue to post them......

If you have read along with any of these reports, you`ll know we love our food......all sorts of cuisines will work too. We enjoy high end restaurants, but at the same time feel just as happy enjoying a pizza, burger or sandwich too in any number of places. And in Orlando you have the biggest choice.

I also read someone say on another forum that food in and around Orlando was dreadful and they didn't think anyone could enjoy anything around this area..…..well, I`m not sure where that person has eaten, but it couldn't have been the places we enjoy and I`ve read many more enjoy too. Each to their own I guess but would hate to be that person to generalise so easily. Sure, there are awful places around and some that are not so good…….but in general, we haven't been too disappointed in our choices.....quite the opposite really.

One place we won`t be visiting this time is Louie`s Pizza. Which I`m quite sad about as we have been eating there, especially at HHN for years. The pizza was always lovely, fresh and so tasty...….and smaller.....now it`s a huge slice and we found it to be very greasy and a lesser quality of pepperoni on top which was probably the cause of the grease....

So, it`s off our list for places to eat in September...….other places we don't like in the Studios are Mel`s Diner, Monsters Café and Finnegans…..although Finnegans we will have a cocktail at the bar...if you can get near it of course. HHN this place is usually bouncing!!!

We may try the food court in Simpsons again....it`s a while since we have eaten there......but we mostly enjoyed what we had...…

i-Q5tgjXN-X2.jpg

i-R2gnFjC-X2.jpg

i-DvwmGTJ-X2.jpg

i-QKvrCn7-XL.jpg

The chicken and waffle sandwich and the wings were the nicest out of all the food we had there. But, not being fans of the Simpsons, it`s not somewhere we have to visit.

Lombards we enjoy, and didn't get a chance in May or March to visit....but, it is a beautiful restaurant and has a very classical theme rather than a typical theme park restaurant...….the food is basically seafood but has menu choices for meat eaters and even vegetarians I believe...…..not that I ever look at vegetarian dishes...….not my idea of a lovely meal at all...….

It is in a beautiful location right on the lagoon in the Sna Francisco area......it used to lead into Amity where Jaws once resided and the town of Amity was a beautiful little place to wander through......all pre Potter of course.

i-7D4qS7J-X2.jpg

i-vdqLtTp-X2.jpg

i-c6WbSBf-X2.jpg

i-tk8Lwdx-X2.jpg

i-wG3FQRF-X2.jpg

Strangely, I don't usually order deep fried items from here....I love the plain fish and the shrimp when it`s just served fresh, but cannot find the pictures of them...….the batter is quite heavy here, but my guys wanted fish and chips last visit...….their lobster roll is very good too.

Definitely one to consider for lunch if we stay in the parks for the day.

In IOA we always enjoy Confisco Grill and although we haven't been for a while, we have enjoyed Thunder Falls Terrace which is right beside Jurassic Park ride...…the food is steadily good, but sometimes service can be a little slow when folks have the dining plan.....they seem to mix up what is included and can take time at the till as they sort it out. That`s my only complaint about counter service places.....and why we don't always eat in them.

i-gJjf5nx-X2.jpg

i-SBNXLGF-X2.jpg

The picture below is a little bit dark, but the restaurant is impressive and has the added bonus of being incredibly cold!!!!

Watching the boats splash down from the last drop, you can see an amazing surge of water splash all over and you do see folks being drenched as they stand in the very obvious slash zone...…..

i-KRFf8W8-X2.jpg

Confisco is a wonderful little restaurant.

I`ve said many times, it does get overlooked in favour of the more mentioned Mythos, and we find it to be far superior.

It is easy to bypass as you enter the parks, and most want to head straight to the rides, naturally. It is just as you can turn right or left at POE and it is a lovely little place.

i-rVm6Wgv-X2.jpg

i-qnWZ9Vf-X2.jpg

i-zcZ6twN-X2.jpg

i-sjqWh6N-X2.jpg

i-pr76pX9-X2.jpg

i-w4g4XWp-X2.jpg

i-TnKgMtc-X2.jpg

i-kqg5Z46-X2.jpg

i-GbVsfXb-X2.jpg

It is themed beautifully inside as well as having excellent food. We can honestly recommend this place for good food and service......and as a wonderful way to escape the heat of the day!!!

i-ZhK54mr-X2.jpg

i-gbpF6DC-X2.jpg

i-GcS2LmQ-X2.jpg

You can also have food and drinks in the Backwater Bar......help yourself to a seat at the bar or there are a few tables in there......very friendly bar service too.

Coming up....hotel food choices!!!

The last time we ate at Mythos we decided it was going to be a good long while before we returned. We've never had Confisco, we tend to go to CityWalk if we're having lunch and then going back into the Parks. So I'm curious, would you recommend Confisco over places in CityWalk?

Who doesn't like food pictures???????? Love 'em.:drinking1drinks too!

Absolutely!!! I’ve studied loads of trip reports with food pics......always a favourite pastime......lol.....and probably one of the many reasons I’ll never be skinny....... :rotfl:

Will pick some good uns for you.........:thumbsup2

Your food pics are the best! Food pics are not "weird" at all. 😋

Thank you!!!

I appreciate that........I’m good at ignoring comments and funny looks if we ever do get them in restaurants......and we just snap away......I think most restaurants are used to it.....some are a little bemused......lol......

The last time we ate at Mythos we decided it was going to be a good long while before we returned. We've never had Confisco, we tend to go to CityWalk if we're having lunch and then going back into the Parks. So I'm curious, would you recommend Confisco over places in CityWalk?

Confisco Grille is very good.

But, Citywalk has some fabulous choices and maybe because we’ve been going to CG for years I’d maybe choose Citywalk.......

But, since you’ve never been, I’d definitely try CG once instead of Citywalk.......... :thumbsup2

Final Destination I weirdly enjoyed,

I love those movies :rotfl:

I recently read someone say folks who took pictures of food and posted it anywhere was weird...…..ok, I`ll be that weird person then....and I`m very happy to be that person... ::yes::

I read that one study said people who take pictures of their food actually enjoy their food more lol don't mind being that weird person either.

I also read someone say on another forum that food in and around Orlando was dreadful and they didn't think anyone could enjoy anything around this area..…..well, I`m not sure where that person has eaten, but it couldn't have been the places we enjoy and I`ve read many more enjoy too. Each to their own I guess but would hate to be that person to generalise so easily. Sure, there are awful places around and some that are not so good…….but in general, we haven't been too disappointed in our choices.....quite the opposite really.

I don't know where they were going but Orlando has a lot more choices than we do locally, and just seems to have a ton of good ones as far as we've seen.

I love those movies :rotfl:

I read that one study said people who take pictures of their food actually enjoy their food more lol don't mind being that weird person either.

I don't know where they were going but Orlando has a lot more choices than we do locally, and just seems to have a ton of good ones as far as we've seen.

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

We can be weird together Raeven........there’s good few like us........::yes:: I love your food pictures too!

This guy likes to belittle people’s choices on the forum he posts in......makes him feel superior I think......yes, there are some excellent restaurants in Orlando and beyond.....some are exceptional.

I love food pictures and reviews!! We had a similar experience at Louie’s last visit and it was our lunch go-to before that. Love the Simpson’s food court, especially when my kids are with us since we ALWAYS find something for everyone AND don’t have to stress over finding a seat. We like the bar across there to watch the people getting scared by the chainsaws. I’m always one of those people ☺️

In my saga of perpetual resort changes, the resort of the day is RPR King CL 😂

I love food pictures and reviews!! We had a similar experience at Louie’s last visit and it was our lunch go-to before that. Love the Simpson’s food court, especially when my kids are with us since we ALWAYS find something for everyone AND don’t have to stress over finding a seat. We like the bar across there to watch the people getting scared by the chainsaws. I’m always one of those people ☺

In my saga of perpetual resort changes, the resort of the day is RPR King CL 😂

lol.....well, they do say variety is the spice of life...….. ::yes::

A few other folks have said the same thing about Louie`s....such a shame as it has always been a staple for us.....I certainly mentioned it and hope others do too and maybe they`ll get back to their original pizza!

Yes, people watching is always fun at HHN!!!!

JAKE`S AMERICAN BAR

Jake`s was the first place we ever ate in when we stayed at RP for the first time way back in 2009. Gosh that seems a lifetime ago now!!!!

And it has never disappointed us at all. Well.....except for when they took the crispy shrimp off the menu!!! That was a stunning dish...…but the menu has retained it`s style and theme for many years.

We`ve had most things over the years from it, but only recently discovered the crawfish chowder which is now one of our favourite dishes...…..it is creamy and a little peppery too, and very moreish.....we even had a second bowl each one night in place of dessert......yep, it`s that good!!!!

They also do very good cocktails and one of the nicest is the Royal Pacific Sunset which we did get in the souvenir bowl one night.....you can get most cocktails in these rather large bowls.....

Kyle, who doesn't drink, enjoys their non alcoholic strawberry daiquiris that they serve here......and they make a very lovely strawberry lemonade.

i-ND7hH3M-X2.jpg

i-9k6593k-X2.jpg

Kyle is a huge fan of their pizza......he always gets it with a bbq sauce base and plain old cheese on top.....he has very simple tastes when it comes to pizza...…..

i-DGSJ2QR-X2.jpg

i-gtZj3xj-X2.jpg

i-Ws4GGTq-X2.jpg

i-2Z9BV3w-X2.jpg

i-56PRhRp-X2.jpg

The wings are just spicy enough.....we could eat them spicier, but they are so tasty and the blue cheese dressing is divine!!

i-Z5vs8TN-X2.jpg

A couple of our own pizza creations...…..

i-spWDtfr-X2.jpg
(not sure why this picture has a weird date on it......never been there at that time)

i-zLkg7Sh-X2.jpg

It`s not on the menu in the restaurant, but Kyle get`s the flourless chocolate cake every time he is in here......it has varied in style and texture over the years, but he has enjoyed every single one of them...….it is on the room service menu though, so the same kitchen makes it.

i-ZsjvBdB-X2.jpg

Plain old coconut ice cream for me...…..this is gorgeous!!! It` on the menu as a side to another dessert, but they will serve it on it`s own.

i-R8Jz8Lm-X2.jpg

This flatbread was beyond delicious!!!!!

i-ndf3tFq-X2.jpg

And the famous crawfish chowder...…..if you`ve never tried it, give it a go.....it truly is beautiful.

i-Gpkw6xQ-X2.jpg

i-sLKmZnb-X2.jpg

i-ZtQwJPD-X2.jpg

We love the theme of this bar, and goodness knows when it eventually gets refurbed how they will go about changing it...….but for now it`s a place where you can get such good food with wonderful service and a really nice atmosphere......they are very friendly and accommodating......

And outside is such a beautiful area........

When you walk in over the bridge, Jake`s is almost underneath and you can see the outdoor seating as you glance down...….

i-PK8Jzb4-X2.jpg

i-QWvh73s-X2.jpg

Jake`s is one of our must do places every trip...….we wouldn't miss it and especially when Kyle is with us.....this is his first evening choice of restaurant every time...…..

SAL`S MARKET DELI

Sal`s is the only eatery we enjoy at PBH. Their pizza is one of the best, if not the best onsite pizza there is at Universal...…..we often make the little journey over here just for the pizza alone.

We did try their sandwiches twice and they were alright......but, strangely they had the worst potato chips we ever tasted!!! They were greasy and hard and had no taste whatsoever. Wouldn't get them again.

I can`t find the picture but I had the shrimp po boy and it was beautiful...….Tom had a meat and pepper sandwich which he really enjoyed too.

But the star of this place is the pizza...…..

Tom and I share the medium size......there is plenty for two or three folks to share on this size......

i-9vtZQfF-X2.jpg

Kyle again, get the cheese pizza with bbq sauce base...….and we always say he`ll never finish it as he gets one to himself...….he always manages it though...…..

i-hXVGxvz-X2.jpg

He doesn't ever eat the crusts though!!!! Although, neither do we now I think on it...…..:scratchin

i-DHxjKHn-X2.jpg

i-C5cJpNp-X2.jpg

i-t3BG4mk-X2.jpg

They do have a lovely selection of self serve ready made items, they do always look so fresh and tempting......

i-3tCf4dF-X2.jpg

i-K5rm8dn-X2.jpg

And anywhere that serves wine is good for us!!!!

i-GVMtL6R-XL.jpg

It can get busy depending on the time you go, we do like sitting through in this area which can be a little quiet...….at times!!

i-BTzJVQJ-X2.jpg

This place we will visit in September, and purely for the pizza......I`ve tried the sandwiches and good as they are, they can`t beat the pizza`s from here...…..

More food choices coming up....…... :wave2:

Yay! So enjoy seeing pictures of food. Not crazy for sure. They make a trip report even better, as food report in it is fabulous idea.

We are ones that have always liked mythos, so most likely we will go back there. Told little one about Confisco, we looked at the menu wile in the park, and it was a no. May try it again next time we go by it. And yes, I enjoy the pizzas at Jakes.

Portofino for us, this time. My kids prefer, and I like it too, particularly the large bathroom. Otherwise, we always stay at RPR. And first time I will be at SF for a few nights.

Countdown getting closer for you, now less than a month away.

Yay! So enjoy seeing pictures of food. Not crazy for sure. They make a trip report even better, as food report in it is fabulous idea.

We are ones that have always liked mythos, so most likely we will go back there. Told little one about Confisco, we looked at the menu wile in the park, and it was a no. May try it again next time we go by it. And yes, I enjoy the pizzas at Jakes.

Portofino for us, this time. My kids prefer, and I like it too, particularly the large bathroom. Otherwise, we always stay at RPR. And first time I will be at SF for a few nights.

Countdown getting closer for you, now less than a month away.

Thanks Lynne......glad you enjoy the pictures too!!

We will try Mythos again at some point, but we’ve had too many disappointments there last few visits. Oh yes, Jake’s pizzas are lovely.

Your trip is just around the corner now........

In my saga of perpetual resort changes, the resort of the day is RPR King CL
LOL-I ended up with a better rate at SF

Looking forward to some nice meals too-Lombards was so good last year-the Lobster roll was really good!
And we now do Confisco Grill most trips since we "discovered" it from your TR. Really good service too! Enjoyed Mythos, but the service wasn't the greatest.

@schumigirl Speaking of food....LOL!....there was another wine shop besides Total Wine that I remember you being quite fond of, but for the life of me I can't remember the name of it. We're going to bring a couple of our favorites from home with us in November, but we'll stop on the way to HRH and pick out a couple more for the room.

LOL-I ended up with a better rate at SF

Looking forward to some nice meals too-Lombards was so good last year-the Lobster roll was really good!
And we now do Confisco Grill most trips since we "discovered" it from your TR. Really good service too! Enjoyed Mythos, but the service wasn't the greatest.

Those lobster rolls are lovely.....plenty of lobster in them......that always helps!!!

Yes, poor service was one of the reasons we stopped going to Mythos.....whereas in CG we have always had good service and the food is always lovely......we like that menu better than Mythos.

And out last cocktail in Mythos tasted so watered down it was criminal!!! But, I`m glad you enjoy CG too...…. :thumbsup2

@schumigirl Speaking of food....LOL!....there was another wine shop besides Total Wine that I remember you being quite fond of, but for the life of me I can't remember the name of it. We're going to bring a couple of our favorites from home with us in November, but we'll stop on the way to HRH and pick out a couple more for the room.

Oh you must mean ABC Wines and Spirits...….

It is so much nicer than Total Wine.....it`s more like a warehouse, but not as grim...….ABC is a much nicer store and like Total Wine the employees are very helpful......

We drive to the one in LBV using the back road off of Turkey Lake Road, only takes 10 minutes or so. There are various locations around though that might be more convenient.

You`ll be spoilt for choice though ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!