WHO YA GONNA CALL" 29 NIGHTS OF GHOSTBUSTERS, MONSTERS & MORE - A 2019 HHN/SFR/RPR TR

I'm not one for haunted houses, but Ghostbusters and Stranger Things sound like a lot of fun! We finished season 3 a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it.

:welcome: Andrea......lovely to see you!

It’s funny, I was thinking of you about an hour ago, we’re sitting watching an episode of Midsomer Murders.......lol......love it!

Yes, they do sound fun don’t they.......really looking forward to most of the houses announced.......especially Ghostbusters and Monsters......and I’m glad you enjoyed series 3 of Stranger Things.......we need to try again and catch up before we leave........

Hope you enjoy this one too Andrea.......:flower3:

:welcome: Andrea......lovely to see you!

It’s funny, I was thinking of you about an hour ago, we’re sitting watching an episode of Midsomer Murders.......lol......love it!

Yes, they do sound fun don’t they.......really looking forward to most of the houses announced.......especially Ghostbusters and Monsters......and I’m glad you enjoyed series 3 of Stranger Things.......we need to try again and catch up before we leave........

Hope you enjoy this one too Andrea.......:flower3:

We have really enjoyed Midsomer Murders! We watched several seasons back to back and have spent the rest of the summer watching zombie movies and shows. I like pretty much everything in the Zombie genre and have found quite a few good things on Netflix, including a spectacular Korean show called Kingdom. if you like zombies, I highly recommend!

Hi Carole,

Been a reader of your reports for a long time...popping over to US this September for a brief 3 night stay and staying at RPR. Will be sure to keep my eyes open and say hello should I see you.

I am a big horror wimp--tried HHN with my friend and her daughter in 2016 I think--I was done after 60 minutes 😯 This year, I signed up for the day tours--I can appreciate all the creativity and craftmanship that goes into the house designs without palpitations from all the startling and cardboard chainsaws 😁

I think you could be my daughter Raeven!!!!! We have so many similar opinions and likes......dislikes too!!! ::yes::

I agree, we really do :rotfl:

I did wonder when I saw the Rob Zombie connection......hmmmm….not my favourite…..not sure if his films were supposed to be a house or just a scare zone.....but, he`s not a favourite of mine.....although he did use the phenomenal song Don`t fear the Reaper in his Halloween remake.....so I can find something redeeming in that!!!

On the speculation map I saw going around it was both a house (based on House of 1000 Corpses I think), and then a scare zone for his "music and movies". I think that's excessive and don't get why there'd be both, so I'm hoping they're wrong. I don't mind his music (well of the 1 or 2 songs I've heard), but the only movie I've seen of his 2nd Halloween movie (which I didn't really like, but I doubt those will be included). The rest of his movies I don't think I'll be watching, but Josh has seen them. I do love Don't Fear the Reaper though!

Even with EP, ST lines were overwhelming some nights last year.....although I know one night they did have a "guest incident" that caused a long delay.....but it was just such a popular house.....we do need to give the next two seasons a try again......and definitely not trying the SA dining again......too many people saying the same thing.

They were! We only did it once on the night we had EP, and never tried again. We had two different "guest incidents" right outside the doors of houses last year (Slaughter Sinema, and Carnival Graveyard on different nights). I would definitely give it another try! I really liked the third season best.

I get teased a lot for sleeping during movies in the cinema....but, I was the person who used the now defunct T2 show as time for a nap!!! Kyle still reminds me how I slept through a Bug`s Life or some other similar movie at the cinema when he was young.....lol.....oh dear!!! So really Star Wars never stood a chance with me...….same with some of the houses....and yes, totally agree......the kidzone houses were beyond ridiculous to walk too...….I was praying for a pedi cab line somewhere in there...….they`d have done roaring trade in those areas if they were allowed :wave2:

Josh is like that too, can sleep during anything :rotfl: I'm usually not like that, but I guess I found Star Wars that boring, haha.

I can't walk to them more than once, I always hope it's not one I really like. A couple years ago I wore the wrong shoes and got the worst blisters. I noticed how bad they were when we walked out of Kidzone on the first night. Josh convinced me to rent a wheelchair on the last night, and that's the only reason I redid one of those houses .:laughing:

On that side of the coast, our favourite place we have visited so far out of the parks is St Augustine...……

At around a 2 hour drive from Orlando, it is onne of the most beautiful places we visit and although we don't do that much when we`re there.....we love it. Such a relaxing day.

I loved St Augustine! Considering going back the next time we have more time on a trip.

We did think of staying overnight and doing the ghost tour, but really we don't want to leave Orlando for two days...….nice idea though as there are some beautiful little guest houses around...…..

I was also thinking of doing this, but agree I don't want to spend the night there.

We have really enjoyed Midsomer Murders! We watched several seasons back to back and have spent the rest of the summer watching zombie movies and shows. I like pretty much everything in the Zombie genre and have found quite a few good things on Netflix, including a spectacular Korean show called Kingdom. if you like zombies, I highly recommend!

I`m so glad you like it.....one of our favourite shows to watch while chilling......and even better when we don't remember who the culprit is!! Which now, we usually do....but still watchable.

Not fond of zombies......I was one who did enjoy (rather late) TWD, but soon got fed up with it.....Tom will watch Zombie shows so I`ll mention it to him as he`ll probably watch it.....

Hi Carole,

Been a reader of your reports for a long time...popping over to US this September for a brief 3 night stay and staying at RPR. Will be sure to keep my eyes open and say hello should I see you.

I am a big horror wimp--tried HHN with my friend and her daughter in 2016 I think--I was done after 60 minutes 😯 This year, I signed up for the day tours--I can appreciate all the creativity and craftmanship that goes into the house designs without palpitations from all the startling and cardboard chainsaws 😁

:welcome: along to you Malia78...….I`m happy you posted here!

Oh the day tours are perfect for those who find the real thing a little much....you get to see so much detail. Although, I`ve never done them as we don't want the illusion spoiled......lol......but you`ll love them I`m sure as I`ve only heard positive reviews about them. I`m glad to hear you tried HHN though...….yes, it can be a bit overwhelming at times.....

Oh you absolutely must say hello if you see us at RPR...…..that would be lovely.....I hope you enjoy your trip there....and this report too.....look forward to your comments...….:wave2:

I agree, we really do :rotfl:

On the speculation map I saw going around it was both a house (based on House of 1000 Corpses I think), and then a scare zone for his "music and movies". I think that's excessive and don't get why there'd be both, so I'm hoping they're wrong. I don't mind his music (well of the 1 or 2 songs I've heard), but the only movie I've seen of his 2nd Halloween movie (which I didn't really like, but I doubt those will be included). The rest of his movies I don't think I'll be watching, but Josh has seen them. I do love Don't Fear the Reaper though!

They were! We only did it once on the night we had EP, and never tried again. We had two different "guest incidents" right outside the doors of houses last year (Slaughter Sinema, and Carnival Graveyard on different nights). I would definitely give it another try! I really liked the third season best.
Josh is like that too, can sleep during anything :rotfl: I'm usually not like that, but I guess I found Star Wars that boring, haha.

I can't walk to them more than once, I always hope it's not one I really like. A couple years ago I wore the wrong shoes and got the worst blisters. I noticed how bad they were when we walked out of Kidzone on the first night. Josh convinced me to rent a wheelchair on the last night, and that's the only reason I redid one of those houses .:laughing:

I loved St Augustine! Considering going back the next time we have more time on a trip.

I was also thinking of doing this, but agree I don't want to spend the night there.

Yes, we watched his Halloween`s....not a favourite…...oh I just don't get Star wars at all.....but no interest in that genre at all if I`m honest......Tom on the other hand loves it!!! I get so bored when he watches something like that.....glad we have more than one tv!!

Oh I remember the year you got blisters!!! You did the right thing with the wheelchair.....otherwise…..oh my.....that would have been a complete nightmare!!! And, bonus with seeing those houses miles away lol......

Will you be doing the Scare Actor Dinning? We were able to get it ON Halloween last year - and I totally fooled the DH - told him there was only 1 character and he was pretty bumbed, and then the guy said there was like 5 or 6 and he LIT UP! (I think next year we are going to try to get over for the 30th - depending on what the houses are next year - but I think that the B1G1 Ticket that they release earlier in the year would be a good option juts in case he LOVES the houses)

Will you be doing the Scare Actor Dinning? We were able to get it ON Halloween last year - and I totally fooled the DH - told him there was only 1 character and he was pretty bumbed, and then the guy said there was like 5 or 6 and he LIT UP! (I think next year we are going to try to get over for the 30th - depending on what the houses are next year - but I think that the B1G1 Ticket that they release earlier in the year would be a good option juts in case he LOVES the houses)

Nope.....did it last year and it was dreadful.

Food was poor and seriously lacking in quality and wasn’t replenished.

Apart from 2 SA the rest were poor. Folks around we’re looking for recognisable SA such as Stranger Things, Poltergeist and for us Michael Myers.......the whole thing was a mess. People were annoyed.

I’m glad you enjoyed yours the night you went though. But, for us, we wouldn’t go back.......

That ticket is a good buy for folks though if you can get it next year it would be ideal :thumbsup2

The amount of walking you do on a HHN is surprising. Some of the houses have incredibly long paths to get to them and with the heat it can be draining
should be required reading of all 1st time HHN attendees!

And the Klown scare zone got better every time we went through it......by the end we loved it!!!! And we are looking forward to the house this year....we get it now.

there were some crazy talented scareactors in evidence. My favorite gag was the one who would ’hide’ behind the light pole :). Found it very engrossing, had to be drug away at a few points, kicking and screaming.

should be required reading of all 1st time HHN attendees!

there were some crazy talented scareactors in evidence. My favorite gag was the one who would ’hide’ behind the light pole :). Found it very engrossing, had to be drug away at a few points, kicking and screaming.

Absolutely......I think folks can easily underestimate just how much walking is involved!! One of the reasons we never spend a full night in the park for horror nights...….

lol......I remember that too!!! It was hilarious...….I think this house is going to be funny!!!

I'm FINALLY here! I was on vacation to Punta Cana so when I got back I had to catch up on your last trip report then saw this one! YAY!!

Woohoo another pre-trip report:flower1: A “month” really sounds heavenly- can’t wait to hear all about your adventures. Please tell Tom his photography skills are top notch. When I told my dh the issue at the mall (taking pics) he was shocked. You handled it well. Safe travels:P
Brenda

I'm FINALLY here! I was on vacation to Punta Cana so when I got back I had to catch up on your last trip report then saw this one! YAY!!

:welcome: back livdisdogs……….and straight from your travels too!!!!

I hope you had an amazing trip!!!! Punta Cana is beautiful......or so I`ve heard....never been there.....lol......glad you`re back though and glad to see you posted here first!!!!

Yep.....new one up and running.....this is my version of planning...….

But, hope you enjoy this one too and look forward to seeing you comments...…..and welcome home :wave2:

Woohoo another pre-trip report:flower1: A “month” really sounds heavenly- can’t wait to hear all about your adventures. Please tell Tom his photography skills are top notch. When I told my dh the issue at the mall (taking pics) he was shocked. You handled it well. Safe travels:P
Brenda

:welcome: back to you too Brenda...…..

Yep....a month will be amazing......but no way will we want to leave after that!!!! Well......there is Kyle of course.....gotta go home to see him!!!

Thank you I will pass that on to him......he really does enjoy taking the pictures when we`re away.....thank goodness!!!! He`s so patient......

Yes, the mall incident was surprising to say the least. Not sure if we should go speak to them first this visit as they didn't respond to my last email with questions...….oh well. Will be interesting...….

Glad you`re along for this one too Brenda...….:wave2:

One place we visited recently for the first time is Winter Gardens.

Although we only went for dinner and a quick wander around, we will go back and maybe have lunch there and spend some time in the lovely little downtown area they have there. It`s a quaint little place and we would enjoy a wander around during the day as well as go back and enjoy the new restaurant we had a beautiful meal in on our May trip.

i-57V4SHK-X2.jpg

i-jvNgfh5-X2.jpg

i-W9NRRkh-X2.jpg

As we were headed back to the hotel after dinner, we didn't spend a lot of time here, but do plan to go back again to the restaurant we so enjoyed.

The town itself is full of unique little stores, which is right up our street....chains are all well and good, but nothing beats a little store that has the personal touch and items you won`t find anywhere else....they also have one of those little stores that sells Olive Oil and balsamic vinegars that you have your won bottles filled.....we do plan to try this store although the olive oil from the Mount Dora store so far has the best oils we`ve tried.

We did try one chipotle olive oil from a store in Winter Park, but although it was nice, it didn't have enough of an aroma nor did have the same flavour as the Mount Dora oils, so wouldn't buy from them again.

But, we look forward to wandering around and see what other stores are there to browse.

The Chef`s Table at the Edgewater was suggested to us by the manager in Strong Water as he thought we would love it, and he was right.

i-nNLdTpx-X2.jpg

It was beautiful.....and although it was a set menu when you sat at the Chef`s Table, it was lovely......our pictures of the food were a little dark as the mood is definitely romantic in that little area......but food was so good.

We may think about trying their regular tapas menu as it looks so good. But it is one place Tom wants to visit this September.

Mount Dora is somewhere we love. It`s around 45 minutes from our hotel, so not far at all and worth the little drive.

Apart from visiting our olive oil store last visit we discovered a fabulous little store that sold all sorts of spices....it was very aromatic when you entered and we did purchase a few items!

i-F398G9j-X2.jpg

There are so many little places to explore here, including many wonderful eateries and stores. We have enjoyed a few lunches here and never been disappointed.

And of course, down by the lake it is beautiful...…

i-9CxnDwb-X2.jpg

i-MMstCmn-X2.jpg

i-MchXLvj-X2.jpg

You really can spend a good few hours here and it is so relaxing. There is a quietness here that makes you want to walk through the town whispering almost.....and again, the friendliness of everyone is striking.

I`m not sure with so many days being set aside for HHN this trip if we`ll make the Gulf side this trip, we love it over there too and always enjoy our trips to Dunedin just past Clearwater.

There you really can feel old town America too...…again, classic place to visit and beautiful waterfront...….and gorgeous places to eat!!!

We also will give a miss to Lake Eola this visit...….we do enjoy it, but it`s not somewhere we need to visit every trip.

Coming up...…..food choices!!!!!

Following! I am too scared to ever do HHN so I content myself with reading about others who enjoy it. Like..I'm intrigued by Ghostbusters but I will also be the easy mark that gets targeted just walking around. :)

I do love Ghostbusters and Stranger Things! It's the movies like Halloween, Saw, Final Destination...I can't do any of those. But I did love Evil Dead 2, that was just funny! :D

I can't wait to hear if you are planning any new adventures for your mammoth, wonderful month of Orlando!

Following! I am too scared to ever do HHN so I content myself with reading about others who enjoy it. Like..I'm intrigued by Ghostbusters but I will also be the easy mark that gets targeted just walking around. :)

:welcome: back polarama........

Lol.......oh you should try it sometime!!! Honestly, I seem to have that “get me” arrow pointing at me every time we go........but it’s so much fun!

You haven’t really lived till a vampire has hissed in your ear as he creeps up behind you.....:rotfl:yes......that fun to me.......lol......

Ghostbusters should be a complete highlight......::yes::

Glad to see you here for this one too.....hope you enjoy it......:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!