• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who Would Have Thought???

des1954

DIS Veteran
Last night at The Home Depot I had a lady check out at my register who was wearing a WDW CM dress shirt. I asked where she worked & she said she was a DVC representative working at the Caribbean Beach. I MADE THE MISTAKE of saying how much I loved FtW & have camped there enough since 1974 to qualify for owning my own site. She laughed briefly before getting in her sales pitch about buying into the DVC and saving a TON of money. So... I said the yearly maintenance fee wasn't worth a DVC membership to me...whereupon she said..."Well for $2900/year you'd get 20 nights at FtW." I just gave her the "deer in the headlights look" and she started telling me what a great value that was. I said "That's about $145 a night, isn't it?" She got all shiny smily and agreed that's what it worked out to and wasn't that a GREAT value??? I just flatly looked at her and said, I have ressies for a full hook-up site in September for $58.00/night, so no, I didn't that wasn't a great value! She wanted to know how I got a cabin for $58/nite. I said, "The name of the resort is Ft. Wilderness CAMPGROUND and resort, and we camp in our motor home." She had no clue there were campsites at FtW & she said she'd worked for WDW for 18 years! :scared1:

OMG - we thought that Central Reservations had no clue!!! How could anyone work at WDW 18 years and not realize there was a campground on site???:confused3

Few dayz ago I was making ressies for the Fort. Lady asked me what kind of things did I liked best about camping at the Fort.
She was surprized to hear things she never knew about.LIKE FISHING !!! It's located on A LAKE !! HELLO,,SHE WORKS at Disney,,how could you not know bout FISHING !!
And then she try'd to sell us on the "premium sites", and when we refused, it upset slightly.:confused3

It's hard to find someone with an IQ over 50 to work for low pay.

Last week I called to add days to my Nov FW reservation. When there was none available, the woman asked me what other hotel I wanted to check. I asked her if there were any that fit my motorhome, because that is why I have one. She was silent, had no clue as to why people who would want to book a campsite and couldn't get one wouldn't want to stay in the hotels.

I can't count how many times I have been at one of the stores and somebody has been getting incorrect information from a cast member. They work at the Fort, yet don't know that there are 2 arcades on property or that you can take a boat to the Magic Kingdom.

You have to remember its just a pay check to them. I know some of them love WDW but I would bet most don't. Not to mention if they held a company meeting to inform everyone on everything at WDW (so they could know as much as us :lmao: ) the would need to rent a baseball stadium to hold everybody and close down WDW for a day.(we know that wont happen) The CM's do the best they can. Most of them keep a happy face longer then I could. But it is amazing how some of them are clueless.

She had no clue there were campsites at FtW & she said she'd worked for WDW for 18 years! :scared1:

OMG - we thought that Central Reservations had no clue!!! How could anyone work at WDW 18 years and not realize there was a campground on site???:confused3

Sadly, that does not surprise me :sad2:

Maybe she'll get a job at Home Depot :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Nah... THD starts at about $2.50 an hour more than Disney. She wouldn't qualify...too clueless. BTW... tonite our ASM asked if I would consider being a lead cashier. They pay a whole $.25/hr more if you're a lead cashier. Without hesitation I said: "No thanks!!" About 2 years ago I was offered a position with WDW as a supervisor in Central Ressies. The pay was decent..actually, very decent...but I couldn't bring myself to work in a call center again & to drive a minumum of 40 miles one way to get there. I'd rather eat a steady diet of Spam, first.

Nah... THD starts at about $2.50 an hour more than Disney. She wouldn't qualify...too clueless. BTW... tonite our ASM asked if I would consider being a lead cashier. They pay a whole $.25/hr more if you're a lead cashier. Without hesitation I said: "No thanks!!" About 2 years ago I was offered a position with WDW as a supervisor in Central Ressies. The pay was decent..actually, very decent...but I couldn't bring myself to work in a call center again & to drive a minumum of 40 miles one way to get there. I'd rather eat a steady diet of Spam, first.

if you went to fowler, i'd buy you lunch.

if you went to fowler, i'd buy you lunch.

Thanks! Do you work in that complex? I can't remember the name of it...River-something?

I couldn't stand the traffic jams in that area anymore. They were bad enough going south on I-75 from I-4. Going north is worse!

Maybe we could see "Spam-a-lot" at TBPAC if I were to work at the Fowler office!!!

no, but I live 2 exits or so north of there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter