"Who wants to sit in the Yak chair?" Sheesh it was hot. An August 2015 TR Updated 11/7

Well, it's not the morning, but it's still today! I spent the day vacuuming my entire house, except the kitchen. I even did the ceilings to get the cobwebs off. Yay me.

So, still at AK, we headed into the Finding Nemo show. The kids had seen this on the Disney Planning DVD and were super excited about it. The verdict? We all really liked it, and I'm almost positive the guy playing Marlon WAS the guy from the DVD. He sure looked like him. It was so much fun! I only took one picture and it's terrible, but it shows we did indeed see the show.

It was time to use our FP+ for the Safari that we had gotten after Kali, so we headed over to Africa. Some scenery along the way.

The kids didn't remember ever being that close to the Tree of Life before and thought it was really cool.

On the way over, and wait, hold the phone. Safari Daisy Duck and she had NO WAIT!!!!! Well duh, of course we went to visit her. She's one of the girls' favorites.

And a few from PP too.

We had a great meet with Ms. Duck. Since there was no one there, we got to spend a long time with her. She was fun and friendly and enjoyed the kids' autograph books.

We kept on walking over to the Safari.

These guys were great. Wish we could have stayed to listen longer.

The FP+ line was short so after weaving our way through the long queue, we were boarding in no time. We had a good trek!

Maura's favorite:

Monkey butts!

Heffalumps!

continued in next post

Flamingos! We just got some of these lighter colored ones at our zoo and they are so different from the darker ones. They look almost white next to them.

A thing with horns.

Lions! Dad was being lazy, but mom was awake and looking around.

Another thing with horns.

Zebra rear ends.

And that "ended" our Safari.

I'll wait while you laugh hysterically.

Done? No? Not yet?

Okay, that's enough.

Since we were right there and since it had been closed last year, we headed over to the Pangani Trail. To see what you ask? You'll see. Quite possibly my kids' favorite animal ever.

Nope, not this guy.

He's cool, but not him.

Cute, but no.

Neat lizards, but still no.

THIS is what they came to see. Ready?

NAKED MOLE RATS!!!!! They love them. They love the book by Mo Willems. They think they are so cute. I mean, they are okay, but I don't get quite as excited.

After oohing and aahing over the NMLs for a while, we went to see what else there was. The fish were pretty, even though this picture is terrible.

Meerkats! I like them.

Now these guys were cool and we got to see the baby up close! And a big gorilla butt right in our faces.

And you can see the "old baby" in the background being silly.

The gorillas were being really funny!

After the trail, it was almost closing time for AK, so we headed back to POR for some swimming. I got a couple pics on the way out. I think Maura was cashed!

I'll have to stop here, because now I need to upload more pics and that takes a while. I'll be back soon with swimming fun!

DSC_2742%20-%20Copy%20-%20Copy%20-%20Copy_zpseviaw7sx.jpg

this is a really cool angle and lovely shot!!!

Another thing with horns.

Your killing me!
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

NAKED MOLE RATS!!!!! They love them.

:scared1:
I am not a fan..
at all.

As always a very entertaining update! Keep em coming! :disrocks:

Loving your report so far! We are going this year the week after you guys went. The photos of everyone slowly melting in the heat are scaring me but it looks like your girls handled it like champs! Any tips? Hopefully the lack of lines will make it better.

When we were finally seated, it was next to a huge group of about 20 people. Remember that.

Oh no...

Yay for a Stitch parade!

Our kids are fruit a holics.

And this is definitely not a bad thing.

FINALLY the characters started coming around. It took forever for them to get to our table. Want to know why? That party of 20 beside us. I'm all for getting pictures of your vacation, but there were probably 4 different families, and not only did each individual family need to get a picture, but then all the kids with the character. All the boys, then the girls. Then the moms. Then the dads. Seriously, every picture combo you could think of. I was ready to put the smack down. At one point, we over heard them saying one of their kids crapped their pants (a baby), but they didn't take him to change him because they didn't want to miss a character. So the characters had to hug a baby with a smelly butt!

OH my word!!! I would be so frustrated.

This is adorable!

Wow you were there for a while.

Aw great family pic! Too bad Stitch wasn't excited about the stuffed stitches though.

I am loving this border how cute!

:rotfl2:Jason's face is great!

Your hubby is a hoot! :lmao:

Never even noticed this before, very cool!

Aw! 'Arctic Kitty' (as we called him!) was Cal's first official WDW stuffed animal! Well Arctic Kitty and Baby Yeti!

42655910032.jpg

We were close to our next FP+, Kali River Rapids, which Maura calls "Rali River Rapids." She insists that's what it's called. Okay, Maura, whatever.

:rotfl:

Very sweet. Love when shots like this are not planned!

Oh Jason:lmao:

Sigh. This is what happens with melting chocolate and a 6 year old.

Oh my gosh, you know who is the worst!? My MOM! Her face seriously ends up looking like that when she's eating ice cream, it's like she doesn't know how to eat it, especially cones!

After getting cleaned up, we found that fountain that people are allowed to play in

What?! Cool where is this at???

Love this Magic Shot!

Me and you would get along just fine with our awful, cheesy jokes.:thumbsup2

Meerkats! I like them.

Meerkats I like, not so sure about those naked guys!

Thanks for update:cool1:
That was a long time at 'Ohana! But it still sounds like you had fun. I'm excited to try it for the first time this trip for dinner (not the show)
Love all the Animal Kingdom pictures. The baby gorilla was too cute, and so close! Wonder if they are there often.
Keep the update and pictures coming! Your girls are a hoot, I never know what I'll see as I scroll down to the next adventure.

When is your Cedar Point trip? Back before kids we did a long weekend and did both CP and King's Island in Ohio! Some great coasters!

Since you're from Wisconsin, did you buy State Fair tickets? My daughter's boyfriend is going for the first time. He doesn't get how crazy we talk about the fair.
We have so much fun and memories there (it's not a carnival-its the fair!) Always excited for it every year but it also means summer is coming to an end:sad1:
Only plans we have, since everthing else will be for Disney!

So, still at AK, we headed into the Finding Nemo show.

Cool! I've never seen the Nemo show, but DD LOVEs the movie (still haven't seen Finding Dory) so I know we'll see it next year. Glad you guys liked it.

I'm almost positive the guy playing Marlon WAS the guy from the DVD.

That's awesome! I love that guys story.

Safari Daisy Duck and she had NO WAIT!!!!!

Not having to strategically plan a character meet is such a nice treat. Do you remember when they were just roaming around the parks?

Too cute!

These guys were great. Wish we could have stayed to listen longer.

Thats spot always has great entertainment. We enjoyed a really fun dance lesson in that spot.

:sad2:

That was rough, no butts about it. :duck:

Since we were right there and since it had been closed last year, we headed over to the Pangani Trail.

I love that trail! I could watch the gorillas all day long.

NAKED MOLE RATS!!!!!

I saw this and immediately thought of Alice and the Mome Raths... What a great animal to like.

Now these guys were cool and we got to see the baby up close! And a big gorilla butt right in our faces.

I LOVE THIS!!! They're so majestic!

Looks like a fun day at AK. You guys did quite a bit too!

I'm here, I'm here! WE just got back from vacation. We were in Gatlinburg, TN and spent 2 days at Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio. I got to ride the Millennium Force, which I have been dying to ride for about 15 years. It was amazing! I'll get to more of that soon, but I AM here and back! Promise more updates coming VERY soon.

this is a really cool angle and lovely shot!!!

Thank you! I think I got lucky. It's hard to take good pics on the Safari sometimes.

Your killing me!

Well, without that helpful little cheat sheet on the Safari jeep, I can't remember what all those horned things are called.

I am not a fan..
at all.
I like them okay. They aren't my favorite, but they're okay. Have you seen the book "Naked Mole Rat Gets Dressed" by Mo Willems? Hilarious.

As always a very entertaining update! Keep em coming! :disrocks:

Thanks! Another coming tonight!

Loving your report so far! We are going this year the week after you guys went. The photos of everyone slowly melting in the heat are scaring me but it looks like your girls handled it like champs! Any tips? Hopefully the lack of lines will make it better.

Thank you and welcome! For the heat, Jason borrowed our friends chamois. That's the blue thing he has on his head/neck in some of the pictures. He liked that. We also bought the fan/squirt bottles they sell at Disney. Best $30 we ever spent. They've now made 3 trips to Disney, 1 to Dollywood, and 1 to Cedar Point, plus numerous softball/t-ball games and other places.

Also, the great thing about Disney is they have so many indoor rides/shows/attractions. If you get hot, just duck into one of those for a bit. They really crank the air. Also use the pool at whatever resort you're staying at. We swam almost every night or in the middle of the day. And yes, the shorter lines help a lot! Have a great trip! I'm so jealous. We're taking this year off, so I have to live vicariously through everyone else.

Yep. You know what happened now.

Yay for a Stitch parade!
Always a favorite.

And this is definitely not a bad thing.
I know! I have told them they can always have fruit and don't even have to ask.

OH my word!!! I would be so frustrated.
Sigh. We were. I was like "are you KIDDING me???"

This is adorable!
Thanks. Lilo was really great.

Wow you were there for a while.
For-ev-ver!

Aw great family pic! Too bad Stitch wasn't excited about the stuffed stitches though.
It is a good pic! I honestly couldn't blame Stitch after that group before us. I'd probably feel the same.

I am loving this border how cute!
Yes, the magic shot with the border are really cute together!

:rotfl2:Jason's face is great!
He tries. :)

Your hubby is a hoot!

He is. He makes me laugh a lot!

Never even noticed this before, very cool!
Neither had I! The things you find when you are trying to get a picture of your family coming down the hill. It was really cool in that area, though.

Aw! 'Arctic Kitty' (as we called him!) was Cal's first official WDW stuffed animal! Well Arctic Kitty and Baby Yeti!

Such a cute picture. He was so tiny! I like Arctic Kitty. I'm going to start calling Maura's that.

Very sweet. Love when shots like this are not planned!

I was so happy with this one. It shows that she's not a loon EVERY second of the day!

He's a keeper.

Oh my gosh, you know who is the worst!? My MOM! Her face seriously ends up looking like that when she's eating ice cream, it's like she doesn't know how to eat it, especially cones!

:rotfl2:OMG I'd love to see that.

What?! Cool where is this at???
So that fountain is just after you cross the bridge after exiting Kali. I believe there are bathrooms and lockers near by. You'll totally miss it if you don't know it's there or if you aren't using the bathroom. Such a cool fountain, though. You can sit right under the stream.

Love this Magic Shot!
I love that one too! We had no idea what it was until we looked at the pictures. I had never seen that one before.

Me and you would get along just fine with our awful, cheesy jokes.:thumbsup2
Totally. I couldn't resist that one either.

Meerkats I like, not so sure about those naked guys!

Yeah, the girls love them! They seek them out if they know they are there. But you should read the book "Naked Mole Rat Gets Dressed" by Mo Willems. It's great!

Thanks for update:cool1:
That was a long time at 'Ohana! But it still sounds like you had fun. I'm excited to try it for the first time this trip for dinner (not the show)
Love all the Animal Kingdom pictures. The baby gorilla was too cute, and so close! Wonder if they are there often.
Keep the update and pictures coming! Your girls are a hoot, I never know what I'll see as I scroll down to the next adventure.

When is your Cedar Point trip? Back before kids we did a long weekend and did both CP and King's Island in Ohio! Some great coasters!

Since you're from Wisconsin, did you buy State Fair tickets? My daughter's boyfriend is going for the first time. He doesn't get how crazy we talk about the fair.
We have so much fun and memories there (it's not a carnival-its the fair!) Always excited for it every year but it also means summer is coming to an end:sad1:
Only plans we have, since everthing else will be for Disney!

You're welcome for the update! Another one coming tonight! Yes, we were at O'hana forever. We couldn't leave without meeting STitch though. I want to try it for dinner sometime too, but the kids don't want to because the characters aren't there. One of these trips!

The baby gorillas are always out. I guess it just depends on the day if they are close to the glass, but from reading other reports, they seem to be there most of the time. Hopefully you'll get to see them!

Thanks! My girls are a hoot most of the time. They keep us laughing for sure!

Our Cedar Point trip was wonderful. We spent 4 days in Gatlinburg, TN first and went to Dollywood, which was great. The coasters at Cedar Point are incredible. We will definitely go back!

Of course we bought State Fair tickets! We bought them in June. The girls each got a free one from the summer reading program too. We also bought one of the coupon books online because they are only $3. We NEVER miss the fair. It's our favorite summer festival! Jason and I start perusing the menus the week before we go to scope out new stuff we want to try! I agree though, it does mean summer is almost over. :sad: It's totally not a carnival. We never even go to the midway.

Hello??

Are you there?

giphy.gif

Yes yes, I'm here. Vacation happened! But I'm home now.

Cool! I've never seen the Nemo show, but DD LOVEs the movie (still haven't seen Finding Dory) so I know we'll see it next year. Glad you guys liked it.

I bet your DD would love the Nemo show! And Finding Dory was so cute. WE all loved it!

That's awesome! I love that guys story.

I know! We were very excited to see him.

Not having to strategically plan a character meet is such a nice treat. Do you remember when they were just roaming around the parks?

Those are the best! And yes, I totally remember when they just roamed the park. When I went with Jason for the first time in 2001, we met King John from Robin Hood, and Pluto and Goofy like that. They'd get stampeded if they did that now!

Too cute!
Daisy has always been a favorite, so we always love meeting her. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse made Lucy fall in love with her.

Thats spot always has great entertainment. We enjoyed a really fun dance lesson in that spot.

That's awesome! Yes, I remember seeing other good entertainment there.

:sad2:

That was rough, no butts about it.
I try. :)

I love that trail! I could watch the gorillas all day long.
I just love both of the trails. They are so beautiful and it really feels like you are in another country.

I saw this and immediately thought of Alice and the Mome Raths... What a great animal to like.

They're obsessed! And I never thought of the Mome Raths, but now I have that song in my head...

I LOVE THIS!!! They're so majestic!
They really are. I could have watched them all day, but didn't want to be a gorilla front row hog.

Looks like a fun day at AK. You guys did quite a bit too!

We did do a lot! Didn't make it to Rafiki's planet watch, but we'll hit that next year.

Come baaaaaaaaack!

I'm baaaaaaaaaaack!

Following.

Yay! Welcome!

Okay, so I'll give a short update about our vacay last week that WASN'T to the Happiest Place on Earth, but I did get to ride some rides and see some beautiful, natural scenery.

The first 4 days of our trip were spent at a huge cabin in Gatlinburg, TN. We met a group of moms there that I met 10 years ago when I was pregnant with Lucy. We all had babies in September 2006 and met on a site called pregnancy.org. There are 46 of us in the group, and we now have our own private Facebook group. There were 13 of us on the trip. We laughed so hard and so long my diaphragm hurt. The kids had a wonderful time playing with all the kids. Jason was the resident house husband and loved it. We played Cards Against Humanity, went hiking, saw some bears. In the wild. Feet away from us. We went to Dollywood and the Ripley's Aquarium, which was amazing! We saw a 12 foot long Sawfish and I touched a jellyfish.

After Gatlinburg, we drove home via Ohio and spent 2 days at Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio. It's the Roller Coaster Capital of the World. I have a good friend from high school who works there in the Communications department. He's pretty high up and he got us free tickets for 2 days and fast lane wrist bands that would have cost $93/band for 1 day. He also walked us up the exit to their newest dive coaster, Valravn, and got us in the front row. I got to ride the Millenium Force that I've wanted to ride for about 15 years. Maverick was also amazing. If you like roller coasters, take a trip there! It's so worth it! We will definitely be going back.

But now, back to Disney. So last I left off, we had left AK and were headed back to POR to have dinner and swim. When we got back to our room, we arrived to this.

The girls were convinced Oswald had led a riot and they had all ended up like that.

After laughing over the animals, we changed into our swim suits and headed over to Riverside Mill Food Court for dinner. They had a really good selection and we all got something different.

Maura switched it up from her usual mac and cheese and opted for the turkey and cheese sandwich on goldfish bread.

Okay, Lucy didn't switch it up that much. She went with the old stand by cheese pizza.

I had the veggie muffelata with home made potato chips. Wow. This was delicious. I never get muffelatas because they have salami and other weird meat flavors on them that I don't eat. But the veggie was an option! That muffalata sauce/dip/tapenade whatever it is was great. I ate that whole huge sandwich and clearly had a brownie for desert.

Jason got a sideways bbq bacon cheeseburger with fries. I think Lucy is doing some hand modeling for this one. Looks like he had an Oreo shake too.

Here's a shot of the scenery. It's pretty cool in there. The big mill wheel is outside, but the inner workings are inside.

Our bellies full, we started the short walk over to POFQ to check out their pool. That's a really cool thing about the PO resorts. You are allowed to use both pools! We were hoping to take the boats from one resort to the other, but that service had ended for the day. So, we walked. It was a pretty walk, but man, my blister on my right foot was ON FIRE! I soldiered on though. The pool was waiting.

As we crossed from POR to POFQ, the decor changed.

From the cabins of the Bayou to the iron work of the French Quarter. We knew we were getting close to the sea dragon pool. And then there it was!

What a fun, colorful pool! We liked it immediately, and Maura was feeling brave enough to try the slide since it was not as long as the one at POR. She tried it and loved it! I'll let the pictures do the talking.

Sorry to the lady who is photobombing this picture.

I think the kids must have gone down that slide about 50 times each. We had to get some pictures of some of the other decor at the pool.

After swimming at POFQ for about an hour or so, Maura wanted to try the slide at POR. So, my blisters and I headed back there. I don't have any pictures, but we pretty much closed down that pool. They closed it early due to lightening. Maura was not pleased, now that she had conquered the slides, she wanted to keep going. We promised her we'd come back the next day.

Jason left the pool a bit before us to throw some laundry in, so the kids and I came back to this.

See Pooh eating the snacks in this one?

This isn't a great picture, but some of the "guys" are even hanging out in the window!

Good thing Jason had to head back to the room early, or who knows what would have happened! :)

We called it a night after this. It was late and we had another full day tomorrow. Hollywood Studios was calling us!

(continued in next post)

Up early-ish the next morning, we did our usual morning stuff and headed over to HS. OUr first FP+ was for Star Tours. Now that the girls had seen the first 6 movies (starting with #4 of course), they were REALLY excited to ride this. But first things first. Let's get to the park.

Here we are!

On the way to Star Tours, we bumped into some of our favorite friends. I have an unnatural obsession with the Golden Girls. I DVR the re-runs and watch them every day. I now own 3 GG t-shirts. I named my new car Dorothy Zbornak. Jason thinks I"m crazy. So of course, I had to get a picture with her:

And her. If I were a Golden Girl, I'd be Dorothy. My use of sarcasm matches hers pretty equally.

Lucy found this guy who has made us ALL happy.

After posing with our friends, we headed to Star Tours. Maura is ready.

Lucy too.

We loved it. We got Hoth and Corcusant. We'd seen Hoth before, but not Corcusant. The girls might have liked it a little too much. I think they got arrested.

We bailed them out and headed over to make light sabers. We had promised one to our neighbor, and one of Lucy's BFFs, and my nephew had requested a double like Darth Maul. This was before Force Awakens came out, so Kylo Renn's wasn't an option yet. Spoiler: our neighbors went to Disney for the first time in January and brought our girls Kylo sabers.

The girls had a good time making them, but I liked it better at Once Upon a Toy (is that what that store is called?) in Downtown Disney. You got to do it all yourself there. Here the lady did most of it. But, we had them, so we were good to go.

The girls had to try the speeders on the way out of Star Tours.

We headed over to Pixar Place to use our next FP+. I'm sure you can guess what it was for.

I love the queue for this ride. It's not quite as fun in the FP+ line, but it's still cute.

Maura's ready.

Lucy too.

I'm not sure what she's pointing at here. She's weird.

So I rode with Lucy. She actually did okay. I was robbed, because my gun wasn't working properly on the first game. I know I can do better.

"Ants in the pants, ANTS IN THE PANTS!"

I told you she was nuts.

I know Jason beat my score, but he didn't take a picture of his so he can't prove it, so I'll just say I won. :) He'll never know.

We had a little bit to our next FP+, so we just started walking to see where we'd end up, but you'll have to hear about that next time.

LOVE the mayhem with all the animals! that darn OSWALD!

Love your story with all the moms! so cool you all stay in contact!! so funtastic!
One of these days we are going to Ohio! sounds like a LOT of fun!!! I know my kids would love it!

Hollywood studios is our 2nd favorite park!!! I didn't see any muppet love going on there...

OH! and YAY for slides!!! glad everyone was able to concur their fears and have a great time. POR food court is by far my favorite!! oh what i would do to be there NOW!!!

Umm look to the left of the picture... by the grass??? or is it just me.

LOVE the mayhem with all the animals! that darn OSWALD!

He's so sassy. We are so glad he's making a comeback, though!

Love your story with all the moms! so cool you all stay in contact!! so funtastic!
One of these days we are going to Ohio! sounds like a LOT of fun!!! I know my kids would love it!

I love my September 2006 moms. We tell each other everything and we really had such a great trip. And yes, you have to go to Cedar Point! Your kiddos would love it for sure! We can't wait to go back!

Hollywood studios is our 2nd favorite park!!! I didn't see any muppet love going on there...

Don't worry, it's coming! We hadn't been there very long at this point.

OH! and YAY for slides!!! glad everyone was able to concur their fears and have a great time. POR food court is by far my favorite!! oh what i would do to be there NOW!!!

Umm look to the left of the picture... by the grass??? or is it just me.

We were so glad Maura ended up loving the slides. She was missing out! I wish I was there now too.

OMG, that picture! I didn't notice that but NOW I can't unsee it! Hahahahahahahahahaha!:rotfl2::confused3:banana::laughing::earseek::lmao::eek:

Look! Another update! It's been less than 2 weeks! You should be super proud of me. Jason went to bed early, so I get the computer!\

So we were at Hollywood Studios and had just ridden TSM. We started walking, heading over to the Muppets, but we ran into one of our favorites, Donald Duck! We'll always stop for him, and he has NO line. Zero. Zilch. Gazippy. (my dad used to say that. He probably still does, actually.) We thought for a moment that Donald's M&G was closed since no one was there, but his handler wrangled us in and we were happy to stop! As you know from past M&Gs the girls both LOVE Donald, and love giving him a hard time. This visit was no exception. Look at the sly grin on Lucy's face!

I think Jason is chewing an ice cube in this picture? And I look like I'm trying to hard to pose. Nerd.

This one's blurry, but I had to get Lucy giving bunny ears. I swear, that kid.

Got a couple from PP too.

I love this one!

After a great visit with our favorite Duck, we kept on walking. We hadn't really had breakfast, so a snack was in order. Jason and I opted for the Mickey pretzel. I see someone (probably Jason), couldn't wait, as his ear is already maimed. I'm sure I slapped his hand and made him put it down so I could take a picture. I'm such a nice wife.

The girls opted for lemon strawberry popsicles. What, it's fruit. It counts for breakfast.

I love this little spot we were sitting. It's quiet and shady. Perfect for a little rest.

Feeling refreshed, we kept heading over to the Muppet area. We made it, and the kids found the fountain. If there is water, my kids will stick their hands in it. Even if we tell them not to. They can't resist.

I guess I didn't get one of them facing forward this year, so you'll have to settle for their rear ends. We made it inside and took a few pictures. I'm not sure if Maura's face is just "acting," or if she was truly in a conundrum about something. Probably the latter.

Okay, nope, I think it was acting.

They can turn it on when they want to.

I think we had just missed the start of a show, but we were happy to wait in the waiting area. There is TONS to look at in there.

My kids wanted to know why Miss Piggy needed so much stuff. I told them she was a Diva. They must have been satisfied, as they asked no more questions about it!

After the pre-show, we were let into the theater. Statler and Waldorf were there and of course in rare form. I love those guys. Crappy picture, but you take what you can get!

The penguin band, sorry, another blurry one. I haven't figured out yet how to get decent inside pics with no flash. I've had the camera 7 years now. You think I'd read the directions sometime. One day, my friends, one day.

I put away the camera and we enjoyed the rest of the show. After it was over, we had to head all the way to the opposite end of the park to use our next FP+. You can probably guess where we were going since it was so far away.

No? Are you sure? Okay, we went to TOT! Lucy that lucky devil was going to get to ride it twice since Maura refused. We even tried to bribe her with ANOTHER stuffed animal, but who are we kidding? You know she's getting one anyway! But not yet. She had been on this before, but doesn't like the ghost family and the drops "make her tummy feel weird." So, we weren't going to push it. We were getting closer. It was looming in the distance.

And well, there were PP there, so we stopped. I'm getting my money's worth, darn it!

Ugh! My hair! It just never learns.

We had to get a "scared" one too. I don't think Maura got the memo. Her face looks more like Duck Face.

We're getting closer. I'm really proud of this picture. It turned out cool!

Lucy and I rode first. Here's my weak attempt of taking a picture out the doors when they open.

Here's our ride pic. People are all over the place in this one!

Jason and Lucy rode next. Here is their ride. I love my husband. He's nuts.

After we had enough TOT, we got a new FP+ for RnR later in the day. We were getting hungry for real at this point, so decided to get some lunch. Jason had seen the ABC Commissary and wanted to try that. We'd never been, so we walked ALL the way back to the other end of the park again. I think I met my step quota this day, if I had one. I of course had to get some pictures as we walked.

Okay, one picture. But look how light the crowds were that day! It was around Noon by this time, so not bad! We finally arrived at the Commissary. The line wasn't bad at all and we had our food and a table in no time. It looks like I had the chicken and bacon sandwich.

Lucy got a turkey and cheese sandwich on Goldfish bread. I love that bread. Our local grocery store used to sell it, but I haven't seen it in a while!

Maura had a burger that I'm sure she had no more than 2 bites of. Jason probably finished it. She often orders a burger and promptly decides she's full. Whatever. It's vacation.

Looks like the kids each got apples and a cookie too. I'm sure they ate those.

Jason got a burger with what looks to be fried shrimp on the top? Give me a break. It's been almost a year.

For dessert we had these beauties! I remember them being really good.

continued in next post

I told you Maura ate her apples.

This one is crazy.

I laugh every time I see this picture. I'm pretty sure Maura took the 2 not of herself.

Now I'm pretty sure Lucy had it. I have to let them have fun once in a while.

In fact I know Lucy had the camera because she thought the carpeting was really pretty and took a picture. It is kind of cool.

Now Maura has it again. How did I manage to not be in any of these pictures? Because I'm good!

However, I asked to be in this one. It's one of my favorite shows, so I wanted a picture.

And just for posterity, a picture of the outside of the restaurant.

We enjoyed our lunch. Nothing spectacular. No Sunshine Seasons or Columbia Harbor House, but it was good. It filled us up, so it did it's job!

Of course we went outside and it was raining, but it was fast and furious and we were back in business in about 5 minutes. We headed over to the Streets of America. I had heard they were taking this area out, and I wanted to find the "Singin' in the Rain" umbrella before it was gone. After looking for just a few minutes, success! We found it! And no one was around, so we got to play with it for a while and take a ton of pictures. The girls were fascinated by the fact that they could make it rain.

Jason loves this movie and Fred Astaire, so he wanted to recreate the scene. It was hard, because the umbrella kept rotating, but we got it.

The girls had to try too, even though they had no idea what they were re-creating.

Lucy nailed it.

People were starting to show an interest in the umbrella now that they knew what it was for, so we gave it up and moved on. Look what we started!

Lucy wanted to see the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular, so we started walking that way, by way of Star Tours. I guess I hadn't taken a pic of the Atat earlier.

We got to the show only to find out it had been cancelled due to rain. We were disappointed, but they still had to pull on the rope it said not to pull on. My little rule breaking rebels!

Did I hear the Indiana Jones show is no more? I can't remember if that was one of the things leaving to make way for Star Wars land. If so, I'm sad Lucy never got to see it.

Since we were in the area, we took a picture with Gertie the dinosaur.

Since our original plan had been rained out, we decided to go see One Man's Dream. Can you believe we had never seen it before? Shame on us. The horrors! After seeing the Disney exhibit at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago the year before though, we wanted to see it for sure! Especially since parts (all?) of it were leaving. Glad we got to see it before it was gone!

I want this in my living room.

We loved it and were all so glad we took the time to walk through it. It makes the magic even more magical.

Back outside, I think we must have been walking by a mister?

So my computer is acting all cray cray right now, so I"m going to stop for tonight, but I leave you with a few PP pics I seem to have missed earlier.

Until next time, Mouseketeers! Still lots to come!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter