Who wants to critique our ADRS :)

jliucci

Mouseketeer
Finally scored the last ADR we wanted to our upcoming Sept/Oct trip :goodvibes
It will be myself, DH & DD 3yo. DD went for the first time last Nov and had a blast, so when free dining was announced early this year we booked a return trip :cool1:

This trip we have:
Coral Reef (D) on arrival day
Cape May (D)
Garden Grill PPO (B)
Liberty Tree Tavern (D)
Tusker House (D)
Storybook (D)
Be Our Guest PPO (B)

Any thoughts or suggestions? I noticed this is our first trip w/out booking any Italian restaurants, and my DH requested a return trip to Cape May for his crab legs.

Good choices! I know that Coral Reef gets a lot of complaints, but I've never had a bad meal there. Never a great one, either, but my love of marine life and the cool setting keep me coming back. DD should love it, too.

If you want to fit in some Italian food, but maybe don't want to commit to a specific time, you could have a light lunch at Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar on an Epcot day.

Unless you are arriving early enough to spend time in Epcot, then giving up a park day ticket is not worth it IMHO as there are plenty of places to eat outside the parks......??

Coral Reef has notoriously long waits for your table. Maybe check in a little early? Be prepared to keep your daughter occupied while you wait.

I see you have Garden Grill PPO. Not sure what time you have, but if it's later than 8:00am, you can show up early and possibly get seated early. As soon as you are finished head straight to Soarin' if you want to ride (you'd have to do child swap it they offer it there).

I'm not a fan of any of the Italian restaurants at WDW.

BOG is a better value at lunch, if that matters to you. We've done all 3 meals there and prefer the lunch FWIW.

Have a great trip!

I think the selection looks fun.
We have had good and fair meals at Coral Reef. But when our kids were younger, watching them amazed at the huge aquarium window was worth not as great food. Recent reviews have been better.
They shoudl love Tusker House.
Have not done BoG at breakfast.
Enjoy!

Unless you are arriving early enough to spend time in Epcot, then giving up a park day ticket is not worth it IMHO as there are plenty of places to eat outside the parks......??
We generally arrive in Disney around 10 or 11 am.

I think it looks great. We are in the minority (I think) and we actually liked BOG breakfast. We thought it was good. And a good value on the dining plan. Would I pay $28 for it out of pocket? No. But, I do think it's a decent breakfast. We had the open faced egg sandwich. We also have a Pre-park opening for Garden Grill. Kind of excited to try the cinnamon bun. Have a great trip.

everything seems good to me! two things though 1- i've never personally eaten at coral reef, but i know my parents said it was "terrible." and you're already getting seafood at cape may cafe, so if you want italian i would swap it for coral reef. but that's just my opinion :-)

also be our guest breakfast isn't anything special. it's nice being able to eat in the castle, but don't expect great food. still it's a great way to use the dining plan :D

Ate at Coral Reef last September and had a good meal as well as some Pixie Dust (free glass of bubbly at end of meal as we were celebrating an anniversary). All of your other choices look good and sound to us. We had the character breakfast at Cape May and enjoyed the food so much that we went back for a second visit before leaving and the same with the Garden Grill (we were on a 21 night stay so had lots of time for repeat visits to places that we liked). Tusker House was one of our favourites - great food and great character interactions.

Looks like some good choices. Be cautious with your trip planning and times if for instance you are staying far away from a restaurant. I had story book booked myself but with staying at CS I figured to get to and from WL using Disney transportation was going to take a huge bite out of my day. Last year I was at Carribean Beach and had an Ohana reservation. Left an hour and a half to get there and I was still 10 minutes late to my ADR. Resorts like Coronado, Port Orleans Riverside and Carribbean Beach can take FOREVER to get a bus. Then you have to transfer as well.

I personally dont use LYFT or UBER so I try to rely on Disney Transportation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter