Who to contact when you are having challenges with Castmember(s) and your disability?

PBB

Mouseketeer
0n our last trip to WDW, I had a challenge with a Castmember. I really don't want rehash the whole episode because it frustrated me to the point that I no longer wanted to go back to WDW. We were AP and still are DVC Members I asked to speak to a supervisor and I was told I had to walk back to the City Hall and speak to Guest Services. We were in the back of the park and I was standing there with a cane.

We left and I called the Disney Customer Service phone number and explained to the CM my issue and the treatment I received by the CM. She told me that I needed to email my problem to the address she provided. 4 days later I received a form letter response stating they had received the email and if I was currently visiting the resort to call this phone number. Guess what? It was the exact same phone number I had called four days ago! At that point, it was our last day at the resort.

We are going to give it another try in October. I was wondering if there is a phone number or email that Disney,responds to that a disabled person can contact Disney if they are having a challenge? Visiting a Guest Service agent and speaking through whole in a glass does not provide a lot of privacy or discretion.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

There really isn't any secret number to call, etc. You just have to go up the chain of command, so to speak, which you did.

If you had gone to Guest Services you would have been able to speak to a supervisor there, and that would have helped your cause. Most phone numbers at WDW get you to a central switch center, not anywhere close to WDW property these days.

Also, I believe only in-the-park Guest Services can help you with access issues. That really would be the best place to start.

You can send an email to WDW.Guest.Communications@disneyworld.com; address it to Disability Relations in the subject line. Give them a phone number so that they can call. It sometimes takes 2-3 weeks, but someone from Disability Relations will call you to discuss your concerns.

0n our last trip to WDW, I had a challenge with a Castmember. I really don't want rehash the whole episode because it frustrated me to the point that I no longer wanted to go back to WDW. We were AP and still are DVC Members I asked to speak to a supervisor and I was told I had to walk back to the City Hall and speak to Guest Services. We were in the back of the park and I was standing there with a cane.

We left and I called the Disney Customer Service phone number and explained to the CM my issue and the treatment I received by the CM. She told me that I needed to email my problem to the address she provided. 4 days later I received a form letter response stating they had received the email and if I was currently visiting the resort to call this phone number. Guess what? It was the exact same phone number I had called four days ago! At that point, it was our last day at the resort.

We are going to give it another try in October. I was wondering if there is a phone number or email that Disney,responds to that a disabled person can contact Disney if they are having a challenge? Visiting a Guest Service agent and speaking through whole in a glass does not provide a lot of privacy or discretion.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

1- Not sure if an interaction with 1 employee of 50,000 or 60,000 would make me change my vacation habits.
2- On you way out of the Park you could have visited Guest Services. As far as I remember there is no "hole" at City Hall you need to so speak through. Only outside of the gates does that exist. I am confident that if you went there and asked to speak to the side for privacy they would accomodate you in some way.
3- When I have emailed, I have rec'd an immediate automated e-mail response and if I provided my phone number, a call from guest services. When they have called and left a message they usually have given me a direct line to call.

1- Not sure if an interaction with 1 employee of 50,000 or 60,000 would make me change my vacation habits.
2- On you way out of the Park you could have visited Guest Services. As far as I remember there is no "hole" at City Hall you need to so speak through. Only outside of the gates does that exist. I am confident that if you went there and asked to speak to the side for privacy they would accomodate you in some way.
3- When I have emailed, I have rec'd an immediate automated e-mail response and if I provided my phone number, a call from guest services. When they have called and left a message they usually have given me a direct line to call.
you are correct - only the Outside of the park Guest Relations have a hole in the glass to talk thru.

If you are inside the park, there is a counter separating guests from CMs, but I have also seen CMs come around the desk to talk more closely to a guest. I am sure that they also have more private options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!