Who still brings a “camera” into the parks?

Not sure if my 6D can do this but I'd like to find out. What program/app are you using?

It's the Camera Connect app from Canon. And your 6D should have that option. I'd google how to set it up on your 6D, that's how I found out how to do it on my 80D

It mostly depends on how you plan to use your photos. If you only plan to post online or have postage stamp size images on your phone, then DSLR isn't necessary. If you want higher resolution images that can be enlarged for photo printing, DSLR is the way to go. Taking lots of pictures is no guarantee of better results. Poor technique will simply mean you end up with a lot of bad pictures. Technique/framing/composition/lighting are still what matters regardless of what type of camera you are using.

I would bet all of the Apple commercials about their phone cameras were done using professional photographers. Using an Apple phone camera won't suddenly make an amateur photographer a pro........LOL.

Last edited:
We stopped bringing a camera several years ago when our cell phone cameras started to have better specs than our point and shoot digital cameras. Plus, we like to go to the parks bagless so none of us really wants to carry the dslr around all day. My son will usually bring his dslr to the parks once or twice during the week but usually only for part of the day (we take a mid-afternoon break most days). Between Memory Maker and our phones, we get all the pictures we need. If it was going to be a once-in-a-lifetime trip we'd probably bring the good camera every day. But we go every year or two so our phones are enough.

I would love to go bagless, and cameraless all day down in the World, but I've become a photographer, ok, an advanced amateur/hobbyist(?), and want to get those really nice shots. Photography is just too much of a draw for me to not carry one...though I will admit that at times I wish I didn't have my camera with me when on vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter