Who should qualify for Universal/IOA Express GAC?

Bete

DIS Veteran
I'm just starting to learn about some of the other Orlando parks and their accessibility for wheelchair people, as well as, other issues. This pass I believe would benefit my mom.

She's 88 years old and in a wheelchair. She's incontinent, too which can be a big issue for long waits. She has Alzheimer's which is the hardest to deal with considering it all. She's prone to outbursts where she will scream and swear if she gets impatient. She will accept crowds to a certain point, but waits of a half hour or more start getting to be too much for her. We took great advantage of the extra magic hours to avoid a lot of waits at Disney. Disney went good for us most of the time.

When we went to Disney last year I used fast pass a lot. My mom went on such rides as Toy Story Mania, Buzz Lightyear, and Soarin just to give you an idea with using fast pass. She did shoot and score on those rides (except for Soarin obviously). We did not attempt nor will we do any thrill rides with her. There's three of us (myself and spouse) including her. I've been thinking about taking turns and attempting some thrill rides this time. With my mom's age I think you can tell we are older, too. Hubby scooters through the parks, now. We rent at the park for him; we prefer it this way. He helps a little bit with my mom and the wheelchair. His job is to get her to the parks (Disney transportation or by car) and then I take over at the parks.

We will not be staying on Universal property; so, we won't get automatic express line treatment there and we won't get any extra hours there, if they have something equivalent.

Anyway, I don't want to abuse a system; so, I would like everyone's opinion as to whether or not we should ask guest services for an Express GAC at Universal/IOA. Are we worthy of it? I know Guest Services can refuse us, but I would probably not go then and just have a ride back to Disney. I can have a doctor's note if this will help us.

Is the express GAC easy enough to get? What requirements are necessary? Does anyone have a handle on this there? TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter