Who pays dues when closing in Jan?

rookie1255

Earning My Ears
With ROFR taking longer and closings being delayed I was wondering what happens if closing occurs later in Jan or after dues should be paid. Are dues paid by the seller then and the seller gets reimbursed at closing?

The only difference I guess this would make would be that I wouldn’t be able to get a discount on dues by using disney gift cards. But depending on the amount of dues, the discount on gift cards, and the credit card award points, it’s not exactly nothing.

AFAIK, Disney requires dues for the current calendar year to be paid as part of the process. The dues would be paid to Disney as part of the closing. (By either the buyer or seller, depending on what was negotiated).

Agree that it would be a part of the closing. The title company will collect the dues from whomever is negotiated to pay them. If the seller it will come out of their proceeds. If the buyer it will be added onto the payment required to close on the contract. Then the title company remits the dues payment to DVC. I believe Disney requires that to start happening with contracts that go to them starting in November or so.

If the seller were paying dues monthly then the remaining payment for that year would be part of any closing no matter the time of the year.

If one is buying close to the end of the year, Disney also requires the next years due to be paid...IIRC, any contracts closing after Dec 15th

I bought a stripped VGC contract in January, the seller paid the dues.i didn’t plan on using the points this year so I was fine with stripped contract, the main thing I wanted was to match my April use year from my BWV contract. Now I am really happy I didn’t have to deal with banked points this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter