Who might be planning to go “opening day?”

I am out of state but only 6 hours away (driving). Assuming I could get a hotel booked for a reasonable rate (ha!) I would be there opening day if I could.

Assuming I can get a reservation then I will be there day 1. I don't care about the mask requirement or the limited experiences, I'll be there even if they require a full hazmat suit and close literally every ride and show.

Nope and even though we have our reservations for December, things are going to have to improve A WHOLE LOT before I’d venture out into a crowd this size.
Sad but true, for those of us with health issues.

maybe next year...

If the DLR opens around the same time as WDW we may inadvertently be there for re-opening day as we have July 14-18 booked at the DLH.

I would also attend opening day! If I can get hotel accommodations , I would be ready!

We live in Utah so getting there with little notice might be difficult; however, I would love to be there on opening day. We had a family trip scheduled for June 14, but I don't think it will be open any time soon. The number of new cases per day keeps on going up. California doesn't have this under control yet.

I wouldn't even consider it. As a Canadian, the thought of travelling to the US right now is extremely unappealing. I don't know when I will actually feel comfortable making that trip - but it won't be anytime soon.

I am strongly considering an unscheduled trip as close to opening day as possible. I live a few states away, but would really like to try! I have a planned trip in October and December, but this might be fun just to GO!

We are in Northern CA and we booked 2 days ago for the 16th and 17th. :) We already have the 26th-29th booked, but if we have a chance to be there opening day, we would be happy! Of course, this is all based on speculation that the parks open then.

I am not sure I want to go on opening day, but if it happens to be a Saturday or Sunday, we might try for a reservation. I'm sort of on the fence in wanting to be a Guinea pig. I anticipate a lot of chaos and confusion on that first day unless they start NOW by sharing policies and procedures and really do a full on media blitz about everything you will need to know about park operations.

Like, if they will be using virtual queues, explain them in detail WAY ahead of opening, so people can learn all the details. It seems like there was a lot of frustration at Universal yesterday about people not being aware of the virtual queue system or it going down numerous times.

I’m in AZ, but If I can get a reservation, I’m hoping to be there. I have a cheap harbor hotel already, just in case. What an interesting, historic day. No kids or husband, with all the virus and wear-a-mask all-the-time, just me.

Last edited:
I wish I could. I just can't be with a mask on for longer than 30 minutes with out complaining about it plus taking in to factor the Anaheim heat. Ive been sending DH grocery shopping or to the bank or any other essential things. Seeing videos of how WDW was on opening makes me so want to go. Ill just have to wait until after. Or who knows maybe ill start training my self. The things one does for DL 🤣.

Hope everyone who does go enjoys it and if everyone can please eat a churro for me.

I'm not plunking down the $1000s for a Disney vacay until I know what attractions will be open and how they're going to handle queuing. WDW is 'freezing' FP+ for the time being so I expect DL will do similar with MP/FP. Reduced crowds won't mean shorter queues if half the attractions are closed or they're loading attractions at 1/2 to 1/3 capacity.

If I were a local with an AP, I'd be there in a shot. For a lot of locals going to the parks and riding 3-4 rides in a day is par for the course because they know they can come back another day. For an 'out of towner', this may not be as palatable.

Biggest issue people are going to have is even logging on to the reservation system. Hopefully Disney will do something to prevent the snipers from coming in and grabbing all of the reservations and then reselling them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter