Who Makes the Bedding?

I just got off the Wonder yesterday and I agree about the pillows. I have such a hard time finding comfortable pillows at home. Also, on Day 2 they replaced our blue duvet with a yellow blanket, and I swear it was the most comfortable blanket I've ever encountered. I cuddled up in it every single day and was so sad to leave it behind. I would love to buy one. I wanted to stow it away in my suitcase but DF warned me DCL has our credit card info! :laughing:

Does anyone know if the bedding is the same across the three ships?

I was on the Wonder on the 4/3 sailing. I wish I had asked when I was onboard about the bedding. I sent DCL a message yesterday. Waiting to see what they reply.

Any response yet?????? :goodvibes

No, but my experience is that depending on the inquiry it can take up to a week to get a response.

I have friends leaving on Tuesday for a back to back LA repo and Alaska. I've given them strict instructions to grill everyone necessary on board to get the make and model of the pillows, duvet and bedding!

DCL posted on their cruise line that other ships are switching over to the Dream's bed linens manufacturer, and referenced them as Frette.

DCL posted on their cruise line that other ships are switching over to the Dream's bed linens manufacturer, and referenced them as Frette.

I havevfriends on the Wonder niwvwhobare under strict instructions to get make, model and style forveverything. I'll post here.

I read that they are in the process of switching all the Wonder bedding to Frette this month. :goodvibes

I finally have all of the information and can post the "menu" of all of the bedding in one place!

Pillow: The pillows are made by Harbor Linen and are part of the "New Generation" collection. Their website is www.harborcareathome.com or call 1-800-257-7858.

Linens: according to DCL, "The sheets are from Frette and are 600 thread count Egyptian cotton, the Duvet and cover are also made by Frette but are not availablefor sale to the public." The website for Frette is www.frette.com. As DCL said, these are made for them and I believe also have subtle Mickey head woven into them. The style that looks closest is the Hotel Charme but I believe those are a 200 thread found rather than 600.

Duvet/Comforter Insert: According to DCL "is an Aquaplush king comforter/duvet insert that may be found with an online search." Well I did a search and I believe it's made by a company called "Down Etc.". Here is a link to their online store, though they are sold elsewhere as well:

http://www.downetc.com/boutique/ind...category_id=96&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=5

I was able to find it on Amazon a bit cheaper.

I hope this helps folks in creating their dream Disney Cruise bed on dry land.

I finally have all of the information and can post the "menu" of all of the bedding in one place!

Pillow: The pillows are made by Harbor Linen and are part of the "New Generation" collection. Their website is www.harborcareathome.com or call 1-800-257-7858.

Linens: according to DCL, "The sheets are from Frette and are 600 thread count Egyptian cotton, the Duvet and cover are also made by Frette but are not availablefor sale to the public." The website for Frette is www.frette.com. As DCL said, these are made for them and I believe also have subtle Mickey head woven into them. The style that looks closest is the Hotel Charme se' but I believe those are a 200 thread found rather than 600.

Duvet/Comforter Insert: According to DCL "is an Aquaplush king comforter/duvet insert that may be found with an online search." Well I did a search and I believe it's made by a company called "Down Etc.". Here is a link to their online store, though they are sold elsewhere as well:

http://www.downetc.com/boutique/ind...category_id=96&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=5

I was able to find it on Amazon a bit cheaper.

I hope this helps folks in creating their dream Disney Cruise bed on dry land.

Thanks for the info! Can't wait for my new pillows!

For anyone interested, I discovered that Frette has an outlet shop in Woodbury Commons - Central Valley, NY - kinda happily discovered it by accident this afternoon...

I spoke with the manager, and asked her about the bedding supplied to the Dream - she knew all about it, said she had several other folks come in and ask about it - so she had to call corporate to find out the exact products being used. She was super friendly and knowledgeable!!!

At first glance on the Frette website, my jaw hit the ground when I saw the prices - however, the outlet shop has quite a bit of it at clearance prices... I walked out with a pillow and a king size sheet set for my bed - I know I will be DREAMing sweet tonight!!! :cloud9:

If interested, they will do orders over the phone 845-928-4866 - she also said they were the only outlet shop in North America.

For anyone interested, I discovered that Frette has an outlet shop in Woodbury Commons - Central Valley, NY - kinda happily discovered it by accident this afternoon...

I spoke with the manager, and asked her about the bedding supplied to the Dream - she knew all about it, said she had several other folks come in and ask about it - so she had to call corporate to find out the exact products being used. She was super friendly and knowledgeable!!!

At first glance on the Frette website, my jaw hit the ground when I saw the prices - however, the outlet shop has quite a bit of it at clearance prices... I walked out with a pillow and a king size sheet set for my bed - I know I will be DREAMing sweet tonight!!! :cloud9:

If interested, they will do orders over the phone 845-928-4866 - she also said they were the only outlet shop in North America.

Cool...we are only 30 mins from Woodbury Commons...I definitely have to check them out...funny I never noticed them there before.

I need to know the make of the mattress as well...it really was my best sleep ever and I HATE, HATE, HATE our current mattress.....I am even willing to pay more money for a decent night's sleep.....I think of it as an investment.

Thanks for the tip on Woodbury Commons

MJ

No problem!!! They were super nice in there!!! You will find them in the Grapevine Court :)

Cool...we are only 30 mins from Woodbury Commons...I definitely have to check them out...funny I never noticed them there before.

I need to know the make of the mattress as well...it really was my best sleep ever and I HATE, HATE, HATE our current mattress.....I am even willing to pay more money for a decent night's sleep.....I think of it as an investment.

Thanks for the tip on Woodbury Commons

MJ

According to the disneycruise.com website, on the stateroom pages the mattress is: Sealy Posturepedic® Premium Plush Euro-top mattresses
I am saving my pennies, the best 7 nights of sleep I've had in forever!!!!

According to the disneycruise.com website, on the stateroom pages the mattress is: Sealy Posturepedic® Premium Plush Euro-top mattresses
I am saving my pennies, the best 7 nights of sleep I've had in forever!!!!

I was thinking that they were Sealy. The Disney resorts have been getting there matresses replaced over the last few years. Ive taken several thousand old ones out by the semi load, and there was an equal amount of Sealy trailers in the lot full of new matresses. If I am not mistaken, Sealy also sponsors a ride or 2 at the parks, so Id guess its part of the contract.

This is wonderful!!!! Now I can sleep in a marshmallow at home too! Better start saving my pennies! :goodvibes

Just off the Dream and I wrote down the name on the tag of the pillow. It read "Sobelcale". I googled it and found a website www.sobelwestex.com
It looks like it could be Sobel Cale... But can't really figure out what pillows were actually the Disney ones. Maybe I will call... They were the most comfortable pillows. This is the first time coming back from a vacation I wasn't looking forward to sleeping in my own bed again...

:lmao:
Just off the Dream and I wrote down the name on the tag of the pillow. It read "Sobelcale". I googled it and found a website www.sobelwestex.com
It looks like it could be Sobel Cale... But can't really figure out what pillows were actually the Disney ones. Maybe I will call... They were the most comfortable pillows. This is the first time coming back from a vacation I wasn't looking forward to sleeping in my own bed again...

Read my earlier posting with the complete "menu" of bedding that I got from DCL.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=41063624&postcount=27

:lmao:

Read my earlier posting with the complete "menu" of bedding that I got from DCL.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=41063624&postcount=27

Yes, I read that but it didn't have the Sobelcale name listed. I puposely looked at the tag and wrote down the name so I could come back and post and so I could try to order. ;) This was the brand name of the pillow on the Dream. I know the OP was for the Wonder... maybe the Dream is different.

I know DCL gave you the info on the bedding... maybe Harbor Linen sells Sobecale pillows :confused3
Has anyone ordered their pillow from Harbor Linen?

The pillow cases and sheets did say Frette.

The Sobelcale website does state they are used in Hotels and such. I tried to call today but they were closed for the Memorial Holiday.

Maybe together we can all figure it out. :thumbsup2

The sales lady at the Frette outlet also mentioned that Frette supplied pillows to DCL as well as linens - she got this info direct from Frette Corporate... Perhaps DCL gets supplies from several sources?? I purchased an Aquaplush pillow from Frette - and it feels exactly like the pillows I just slept on 2 weeks ago on the Dream...

The sales lady at the Frette outlet also mentioned that Frette supplied pillows to DCL as well as linens - she got this info direct from Frette Corporate... Perhaps DCL gets supplies from several sources?? I purchased an Aquaplush pillow from Frette - and it feels exactly like the pillows I just slept on 2 weeks ago on the Dream...

The Dream may have 1 set, and the Fanatasy the same set, while the Magic and Wonder, which are supposed to be in the process, are switching to what the Dream and Wonder have. In time, all 4 ships most likely will have the same, which is why now we have 2 apparently different makers of bedding on the 3 existing ships.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter