Who likes the original Soarin'?

I just hope they do it justice and make sure the print (or whatever technology is used for this) is clean, vibrant, and free of debris and scratches.

I’d hate for it to come back and appear faded/old compared to World, like watching a bad print of an old movie.

I just hope they do it justice and make sure the print (or whatever technology is used for this) is clean, vibrant, and free of debris and scratches.

I’d hate for it to come back and appear faded/old compared to World, like watching a bad print of an old movie.

I'm sure it will be digitally projected. They switched to digital at DCA before the new version started. THe one in EPcot continued to run film until the new version (and the third theater) was ready.

So excited that this will be there for my trip!! I loved Soarin' Over California, never liked Soarin' Around The World. I wish they'd restore the California version at DCA permanently or go back to the drawing board and re-imagine it with a new film for DCA/Epcot.

We can hope. I'd love to see the CA version this summer, but our trip isn't until August. I don't dislike the World version, but there was just something more magical about the CA version. Soarin isn't one of my favorites though. I know a lot of people really miss the original. Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll keep it through the summer.

Totally agree!
Walking from either direction around Grizzly Peak, but especially past Redwood Creek, GRR, Grand Cal, into Grizzly Peak Airfield; The music, the signs, the shops, the merch, and smokejumpers. Everything. They made all the effort to re-theme the airfield to tie it into Grizzly Peak, and then went with World.

Funny: I just watched Youtube of the original and saw all kinds of "bending". It's just not as bad on the natural landscapes. I didn't notice it much in the original, but I sure do in the new one.

Threads merged:

National Parks! Yes Please!
Plenty of that in the Cali version-- but an entire show would be amazing.

Load up the sulfur smell for Yellowstone!

Last edited:
Assuming it's easy for them to switch between the different shows, I'd love to see them permanently offer both -- World for half the day, then California for the other half. Disney get to list TWO attractions for the footprint of one.

When Soarin' came to Epcot originally, we were thrilled because we were able to see it in DL when I traveled to CA for business and loved it. We then started to talk about how great it would be if they changed it in FL so that it had us soaring around the world. When Disney announced that this was happening we couldn't wait to see the new film. How disappointed we were when it finally opened, especially since we were seated at the far right where the bending of the image was exaggerated. Disney took a great idea and poorly implemented it. We didn't need the excess amount of CGI and they needed to make sure the image appeared flat no matter where you were sitting. I give them an A for the idea but an F for the execution. I hope they re-do the movie at some time in the future to fix this. With 3 theaters in FL, they could easily have one for the original film and give people the choice of which one they wanted to see.

Last edited:
So sad that I'll miss it. I hope they re-release it on a regular basis going forward - kind of like they do with Hyperspace Mountain.

I must say that I’m very disappointed and sad that the DIS Moderators saw fit to merge the Soarin’ related thread from the (WDW) Theme Parks board with the one on the Disneyland board. Even though the old Soarin’ Over California is coming back only to DCA and not to Epcot, I was hoping that bringing it to the attention of TPAS board readers would generate support for the idea of the California version returning to Epcot as well, or at the least, support for replacing the current version. We believe that Disney monitors the DIS, don’t we? I think Disney needs to see the desire is not restricted only to DL/DCA visitors. I only recently began reading the Disneyland board because we booked a trip to there, and I doubt I’m unusual among DIS readers. If this thread doesn’t belong on the TPAS board, what about the Theme Parks Community board?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter