Who isn't have problems with MDE?

That’s encouraging to hear. I mean, I figured worst case scenario, I could get the charge waived after the fact if I did end up getting charged. Small potatoes compared to what others are dealing with.

Thanks for your response!

No problem!

The concierge agent looked very confused when he pulled up our MDE accounts. With all the problems that happened during our stay, the ADR issue was the least of our concerns.

Does the app randomly say sorry something went wrong? Sure but its a very easy solution... close the app and go back in and everything works just fine.
It takes me 2 seconds to do that and then I come on here and see how many people are nearly in tears over it and I just cannot understand it.

This was me... until recently.

I’m pretty tech savvy. Not a computer programmer or anything, but I design websites (mostly front end) and know a few web coding languages. I know how to clear my cache and do basic troubleshooting. And MDE had always worked rather smoothly for me, so I didn’t get why some people hate it.

All until my FP day came and went, and I couldn’t do anything from my account. iPhone app, iMac, PC, every browser known to man... it didn’t matter. It was out of my control, and yes there were angry tears.

Finally after a week and a half (with lots of emails, chatting and phone calls), all is back to normal. Disney made it right (helped me get the FPs for all my party that I should have gotten), so I mostly forgive them... though it was stressful.

I’ll be walking on tiptoes when my trip comes, hoping it doesn’t break while I’m there... now that I’ve seen how bad it can truly break.

Last edited:
I have never had a problem until now. My fast pass day is tomorrow. We are going mid week during Thanksgiving week which makes it hard enough to get fastpasses. My reservation and tickets are showing up. However, the calendar is only showing a 30 day window for fastpasses and not the 60 that I should have. I did email them tonight but probably won't hear tomorrow. I may just call tomorrow though I know that I will be on hold forever.

We're going in early November. Scheduled ADRs beginning about 4 months in advance and FPs at 60 days. We got lucky--the major problems didn't start until a few days after our FP window opened. I mostly use the website on a laptop, but I've also used the website and the app on my phone. There have been times that I couldn't get into the site through any method, but when I did everything was as it should be. Most of what I do on the site is dining reservations and FP modifications. I get errors trying to access the ADR system a lot more often than errors while accessing the FP system. I don't know if this could affect things, but this is only our second trip. Our first was spring 2016.

I'm in the habit of printing our itinerary every time I make changes, and I always bring the final version into the parks with me. Much as I love my phone, I feel like there are too many things that could go wrong if that's the only way I can access our FP schedule and other reservation details.

I have never had a problem until now. My fast pass day is tomorrow. We are going mid week during Thanksgiving week which makes it hard enough to get fastpasses. My reservation and tickets are showing up. However, the calendar is only showing a 30 day window for fastpasses and not the 60 that I should have. I did email them tonight but probably won't hear tomorrow. I may just call tomorrow though I know that I will be on hold forever.

That’s exactly how it should work. If your Fastpass day isn’t until tomorrow, you won’t see a 60 day window until 7 AM EST tomorrow. (You’ll see a 30 day window until that time.)

I understand but my "why" is that their database should not get "overloaded". It's a programming flaw, sloppy. The database should scale... having previous archived data should not make everything break. You should not have had to spend time on the phone while they pretend that's normal, you as a paying customer deserve software that works as advertised, especially since they are basically forcing you to use it.
I agree with that. The data should be archived once it is past the date. There is no reason why everything is all lumped together instead of in history tables. It is really sloppy programming.

I pretty much only use the app, and I haven't had any real problems. Tickets are fine, my hotel reservation is fine, I've been able to make/modify ADRs without any issues. Hopefully I can keep being so lucky. This is all for my trip in March.

I'm having issues with both the app and the website.
-Booked AKL in February--was moved to Boardwalk by Disney a few months ago.
-Originally had DDP, but canceled

MDE app is showing AKL reservations and old ADRs that have been canceled.
Disney website is showing both AKL and Boardwalk reservations and has the price of my vacation listed as what it was before we canceled the DDP, which is about a $1400 difference.

All FP+ selections seem to be fine.
I haven't checked on my MagicBands that we personalized yet so Im not sure about that.
Memory Maker is no longer linked to MDE app.

:confused3

I truly do not want to rub it into those who are. I get how bad it is. Honestly, I do.
I've had my share of times where I'm in those shoes.
But, fact is, not everyone is having issues. Are there commonalities between those who are and those who aren't?
This is one of the times where I'm having no problems at all. I'm not the only one here, am I?
No odd things showing up, no strange occurrences when booking rooms, FP, or anything. All my MB are working just fine.
Why?
Here's a few facts that may be different. If you are in the not having problems group do you have any of these things in common?
I had to have my MDE account rebuilt a few months ago. They stripped it of all old data, and only ported over current items. Fixed a fair number of issues my account had, like an inability to change any reservations.
I'm working with AP, not tickets. (Could this be why I don't have problems with FP)?
I have 2 tickets on my account for when I take DGD next summer but not using them for anything. (these were bought from PS, about 6 months ago)
I do have 3 resort stays booked for early Oct (split stay) and another stay booked for December.
I have FP booked
EMM at HS
Halloween Party Tickets
Anyway, anyone who wants to add in info feel free. I doubt we can learn much but I'm just simply baffled and puzzled over this. There's got to be a reason behind these accounts having problems and the ones that aren't. Or maybe not
Have AP. Just got back from Aug/Sept trip on 9/12. Had to do screen shots every day and got a print out from Guest Relations. Sometimes FPs showed up, sometimes not. MDE was very glitchy. No problems with bands.

Well, we’ve never had much trouble with MDE until this recent debacle. Our trip is in November and we have a group of 10 AKL. We had all our dining reservations done at the 6month mark and all was fine...until our 60 day FP window opened in early September. We had a family member stay home that day and get up at 5 am to make them, but of course the site went down,reservations gone.all tickets but one went missing and so no FP could be made without tickets of course. We called and they said they were aware and working on it. It took 2 days for us to get back to a somewhat normal account. We knew it would all come back eventually but there was no getting the FP’s we wanted. Namely Flights of passage and slinky Dog. So while we couldn’t get on like a lot of others, there were some that weren’t having problems and so they got their FP’s. Seems like an unfair playing field. So in the end we had to make due with whatever we could grab and they did spot us an extra FP for each day, it was a dissapointing situation. We won’t let it wreck our trip but it’s going to mean more waiting in lines for the most popular attractions. Disney has really pushed this technology on us to use,the least they could do is make it more reliable. (PS, Disney customer service were very understanding and helpful, they understood but there’s not a lot they could do)

We have a trip starting the weekend before Thanksgiving. Staying at a Disney Springs area hotel, which receives EMH & 60+ FP. Everything was great until about 5 days before my 60 day window. At that time, the hotel link vanished. I contacted internet tech support, waited on hold for 90 minutes, to discover no real fix. They did help me with FP booking for all my days.

OK - that helped, but the next day we decided to attend MVMCP on the 16th. SO - our FP selections would change, and of course, since the hotel link was still not reactivated, no way to change. Another 90 minute hold to make changes. At that point I was also told by my service agent that these FP could not be changed in the app. I would have to either call in, or go to Guest Relations. Not a good option for sure - and not too happy right now.

I know it will all work out. We are most looking forward to seeing all the decorations, but this will place a damper on some of our activities. They need to get this fixed. It has now been 1 week and still no link for the hotel.

These issues are not new. There have been major problems with the website, MDE and the App for several years. Search these forums and there are discussions of problems since MDE was started. They have never been fixed.

Restarting, clearing caches, using different browsers, devices etc. sometimes helps but often does not. Should not have to jump thru hoops to get things right.

Had to phone in last night to get a few things straightened out that were messed up on MDE. CM told me there are known issues with MDE for the past month. Just a month???? She was able to get things right but every year I book a trip I have to go thru the same hassles.

Said nobody . . .
Unfortunately, we have had more problems with MDE this year than ever before.
Hopefully, they get it fixed.

The only problem I’m having is that I have a couple of ghosts restaurant reservations that came back after maybe a week of being cancelled and I have no way of cancelling them but to call. Since we arrive on Wednesday morning, I’ll have concierge try and fix it for me.

Other than that we’re APs, just purchased tickets to a second MNSSHP and everything is linked, including our Fastpass and special events. We also messed around with FP last Tuesday and had no trouble at all. Oh, and we pre-ordered for BOG on September 10th, no problems.

I rarely use the app though, I choose to use the website using Firefox on my phone. Easier, faster and much more reliable.

Last edited:
Had a long weekend trip here (leaving today) and only annoying app issue has been having to re-log in almost every single time. This has been a growing problem the last few trips and seems even worse now.

It’s not the end of the world, just takes a few seconds for the extra click and for it to log me back in. Occasionally it won’t connect (probably more WiFi based than the app). Not sure why it happens so much on property and not when I’m not here.

Other than that, no material on the ground problems of note.

Nope and I have never had an issue, which is what terrifies me and why I screen shot everything and print anything e-mailed to me from signature services, but all these posts are still making me paranoid. Lol

Had a long weekend trip here (leaving today) and only annoying app issue has been having to re-log in almost every single time. This has been a growing problem the last few trips and seems even worse now.

It’s not the end of the world, just takes a few seconds for the extra click and for it to log me back in. Occasionally it won’t connect (probably more WiFi based than the app). Not sure why it happens so much on property and not when I’m not here.

Other than that, no material on the ground problems of note.

That is good to hear. With all the issues going on right now (and they admit there are special issues above & beyond normal), it is encouraging to hear that on the ground MDE worked. Thanks for sharing that positive news.

We haven’t had any problems with our MDE. I’ve seen the popup saying there are potential problems and that they’re looking into the issues but we have not run into any of those problems...yet! We have had many problems with pages not loading. We’ve gotten something like Stich eating the page and a few time just an error code.

Here are the salient data points.

We’re not AP’s.
  • Our upcoming trip is only the second since MDE started.
  • We have a stay booked at the Poly: 11/25-12/5
  • We haven’t gotten to the 60-day point yet but we have booked three days of CL FPs and the regular FPs for those three days (total of 18 FPs for each of us).
  • We do have 5 ADRs, DAH, JB-JB, and MVMCP tickets linked.
I’m not sure there is going to be any real patterns though. For example, we have software at work that caused issues when the database became unstable. The errors were always random and unreproducible. Two people could be using the exact same functions; one works and one crashes.

So far, that seems the MDE errors are random so I'm not sure it's an easily found point of failure.

Mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter