Who Is Up For A Fort Wilderness DISMeet? (discussion thread)

But that can't be, we already all chipped in and purchased a bug repellent net suit for your DW, so she could enjoy the outdoors also.

Talked with the assistant principal today about how this would affect things.

The youngest is in 2nd grade, so no big deal because those two days after memorial day will only be party days anyway.

The oldest, as long as she continues to be a nerd and have all A's, should be exempt from the testing on those two days so I'm hoping, at worst, this means that I can't get down to GSP until Friday evening where I usually get down there Thursday morning. We'll see. I'm keeping my current GSP reservation for 2019 for now, but it will certainly affect me trying to book a Disney trip during that week.

We are scheduled for the 24th thru the 27th leaving the morning of the 28th. But some will stay longer in to the week, some will come in earlier. Up to you what you have for time off, etc.

Thanks! Is there already a thread for the meet?

Thanks! Is there already a thread for the meet?

Bishoparc,

We have the 2018 thread on the Community Board. As many of us (okay a few of us) bailed out early this year due to Tropical Storm Alberto, we all made plans for 2019 (those that didn't have them already). I collected that data in the thread on page 24 post #471:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/gulf-state-park-dismeet-2018-sand-sun-and-puzzles.3662354/page-24

As to when it is, like this thread there are no hard/fixed dates. Generally we come in on/around/before/after Memorial Day weekend and stay mostly until close to the weekend after. We make the most of whatever time folks have. Hope you can come join us (you're in P-cola right IIRC? not far away at all).

You'll make a Baker's Dozen. But we got room for plenty more at Gulf if anyone can book early (don't wait till next spring - it fills up).

Bama Ed

PS - please note for Gulf you make a specific site number reservation. We are generally in the area around Live Oak Road and Sumac Road (there is a Comfort Station right there) around site 3/4/18 area. Here is a campsite map link: http://www.alapark.com/sites/alapark.com/files/Campground-Map-1_3.jpg If you make a reservation for 2019, drop a post over on the 2018 thread on the Community Board and I will pick it up.

PPS - Memorial Day is Monday May 27 so many of us come in before then and stay until Thurs-Sun after. Just whatever your schedule requires.

Last edited:
Talked with the assistant principal today about how this would affect things.

The youngest is in 2nd grade, so no big deal because those two days after memorial day will only be party days anyway.

The oldest, as long as she continues to be a nerd and have all A's, should be exempt from the testing on those two days so I'm hoping, at worst, this means that I can't get down to GSP until Friday evening where I usually get down there Thursday morning. We'll see. I'm keeping my current GSP reservation for 2019 for now, but it will certainly affect me trying to book a Disney trip during that week.

DD#1 seems like a good student, tiggerdad, so she should be able to get past the 'nerd' test (I be one myself). Just make sure she wears those eyeglasses when speaking to the principal in DD's presence since people in eyeglasses look smarter because they need the glasses because they ready/study so much. <am i doing it rite?>

Also as an aside as to where this thread is going (since I be the OP), I'll leave it open a little longer but I'm beginning to get a sense of more favor for 2020 sometime (if I had to pick 2019 or 2020). I might do a poll to further discern (again, any date won't be a perfect fit for EVERYBODY) but let's see what happens.

What a wing ding this could be.

Bama ED

Bishoparc,

We have the 2018 thread on the Community Board. As many of us bailed out early this year due to Tropical Storm Alberto, we all made plans for 2019 (those that didn't have them already). I collected that data in the thread on page 24 post #471:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/gulf-state-park-dismeet-2018-sand-sun-and-puzzles.3662354/page-24

As to when it is, like this thread there are no hard/fixed dates. Generally we come in on/around/before/after Memorial Day weekend and stay mostly until close to the weekend after. We make the most of whatever time folks have. Hope you can come join us (you're in P-cola right IIRC? not far away at all).

You'll make a Baker's Dozen. But we got room for plenty more at Gulf if anyone can book early (don't wait till next spring - it fills up).

Bama Ed

PS - please note for Gulf you make a specific site number reservation. We are generally in the area around Live Oak Road and Sumac Road (there is a Comfort Station right there) around site 3/4/18 area. Here is a campsite map link: http://www.alapark.com/sites/alapark.com/files/Campground-Map-1_3.jpg If you make a reservation for 2019, drop a post over on the 2018 thread on the Community Board and I will pick it up.

PPS - Memorial Day is Monday May 27 so many of us come in before then and stay until Thurs-Sun after. Just whatever your schedule requires.

There is a high wind kit available for the Aliner. This would preclude further incidents like the aforementioned.

I have the high wind kit (and was using it) but DW was still a Nervous Neliie and I know when to keep peace in my household, Chris. :love2: ED

I am pretty sure if the winds got too bad, we could have tucked the Aliner inside one of the toyhaulers.

And to keep this on topic, we would be in for 2020 if there was a poll to be taken.

My travel budget is already busted for 2019 (DCL Med cruise!) so I would vote for Octoberish 2020. SW should be open by then! Plus F&W would be on...plus MNSSHP! A quadruple threat (DIS meet included ).

My travel budget is already busted for 2019 (DCL Med cruise!) so I would vote for Octoberish 2020. SW should be open by then! Plus F&W would be on...plus MNSSHP! A quadruple threat (DIS meet included ).

Hey, Peach! Don't jump to the front of the line! No voting yet...

The poll will likely be the guide.

ED

PS - but hey, you're right. Star Wars, Food/Wine, Not So Scary, and a DISMeet. Something for every day. And plenty of puzzle time...

I gotta admit, with all those things included it does make October sound better.

I may be able to throw my hat in for Oct. DW and I usually go down for F&W in October anyway. We usually base our dates on the the concert, but I'm sure someone we would like see would be there if make a week long trip.

We would chime in for October 2019 or 2020 ( or both). By May DH is well into farming and quite frankly it’s probably too hot for a couple of Canadians! Having spent October at FW before, we love the Fall decorations, Food and Wine and especially MNSSHP. Following along.

Hurricanes, Tropical Storms, bring it on !!! That just means time to make some good food and party it up. party:

Talked to DW and we thought maybe we could possibly swing a Oct 2020 meet, Keep everyone posted about this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter