Who is the funniest person you have seen TV of all time?

I'll second Robin Williams and add Eddie Murphy

I know it wasn't asked, but my least favorite has to be Jerry Seinfeld. Horrible, horrible, horrible.

I really enjoyed Seinfeld, but Jerry was clearly the weak link in that show.

I second, third or fourth Lucille Ball. Whether its I Love Lucy or one of her hilarious movies (all times favorite is the one with Dezi and the camper); she is one of the few that has stood the test of a very long time. My mom loved her , I watch with my mom and found her so funny, dd has watched with me and loves her and now my oldest granddaughter is watching!

Also, Robin Williams. Another one that will stand the test of time. No one can out improv the great Robin Williams.

It's hard to classify an absolute funniest, but Phil Hartman is a top one for me, either on SNL or NewsRadio.

I'll also second the Homer Simpson nomination.

I agree about Lucille Ball- she was hilarious. I used to babysit for my youngest niece, and every day we'd watch I Love Lucy together. When I tell you that she laughed hysterically at the show at age four, I really mean it. :happytv:

I'm surprised no one's mentioned Johnny Carson. While he wasn't my #1, I thought he was funny, just by the looks he gave, and DH loved him.

I saw the American Idol chairs the last time I was there. Not a really high bar.
You're treading on sacred ground, AI is a Dis favorite with chats going on all night long. I don't care for I Love Lucy, I didn't find it funny and I never cared for her acting abilities. But I know that's just me. Carroll O'Conner was genius in that show and was an amazing actor, especially since comedy was not his thing. The show has gone down in history as on if the funniest. Weather you like the show, or not.

Don Rickles!

That guy cracks me up. I can lose track of time watching old Youtube videos of him on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson, and doing the Friar Club and Dean Martin Roasts.

Good belly laugh stuff!

You're treading on sacred ground, AI is a Dis favorite with chats going on all night long. I don't care for I Love Lucy, I didn't find it funny and I never cared for her acting abilities. But I know that's just me. Carroll O'Conner was genius in that show and was an amazing actor, especially since comedy was not his thing. The show has gone down in history as on if the funniest. Weather you like the show, or not.
I found some of the subject matter less than humorous but I guess not everybody felt the same.

Steve Martin. Early appearances on the Tonight Show. The arrow through the head while playing the banjo! Also Steve Wright.

Archie Bunker was clearly a caricature and played well by a brilliant and extremely liberal actor. That character made more points against bigotry that most of the liberal characters in my opinion. I think that that was the whole point.

My favorites however were Steve Martin and Dixie Carter of Designing Women fame.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!