Who is going to Destination D (WDW) in November 2018?

Way too many. We got all the Mickey Railway ones, rocking horse set #3 with Buttercup, Cyril and Bullseye, Mickey set #3 with Mickey Shorts, PrincePauper, Mouse of House, etc, and Bolt and Oliver & Co. pins., and 90th Mickey, Pluto and Donald. Ended up with 2 Mickey Railway Jumbo pins so will most likely cancel one of them.

Argh!!!! I just got notification yesterday from D23 that they are sending me my new card. My membership expired last month. I set up the auto-renewal on October 2. I won't get my card until next week, after I have left for Orlando. My status is correct on the website, so I hope that and my old card are good enough to get in:sad2:
Watch, it won't even end up being an issue, because my husband won't make his flight from Korea to arrive home Wednesday night, which means I miss my flight Thursday morning:mad:

Argh!!!! I just got notification yesterday from D23 that they are sending me my new card. My membership expired last month. I set up the auto-renewal on October 2. I won't get my card until next week, after I have left for Orlando. My status is correct on the website, so I hope that and my old card are good enough to get in:sad2:
Watch, it won't even end up being an issue, because my husband won't make his flight from Korea to arrive home Wednesday night, which means I miss my flight Thursday morning:mad:

I hope your husband makes it home safe, sound and on time!

Let me add on a little about the expectations of the VIP group.

After the Ethan Allen presentation - I think we got cupcakes and and coasters - we were put on busses. WE ALL THOUGHT WE WERE GOING TO PANDORA - ESPECIALLY SINCE CAST MEMBERS WERE TESTING THE RIDES. We got on 2 or 3 busses - then we went in the fast pass line for the Safari - very disappointing. then we had some disney staff talk about how they handle the animals - then we went to TIFFINS - great meal - value about $80 per couple. Then we saw the Tree Of Life projection show - then we were bussed backed to the Contemporary.

IF YOU HAVE EVER BEEN TO WDW AND WENT ON THE SAFARI AND SAW THE TREE OF LIFE PARK CLOSING- this was a total money grab by DISNEY.

NEVER - EVER - GET THE VIP TICKET UNTL DISNEY RETURNS TO ITS CORE VALUES.

As an aside - if Disney ever took away the Mickeys of Glendale pin buying opportunity, this event won't never sell out. The "NEWS" is tweeted out in seconds - if there is any real news.

I would strongly suggest anyone thinking about going to NOT GO. This is just another example of the recent DISNEY money grabs and not worth the VIP or the general admission price. For 2018, we paid an extra $915 PER TICKET ABOVE THE GENERAL ADMISSION. NO WAY DID THE EXRA COST JUSTIFY THE RETURN.

MY ADVICE TO ANYONE THINKING ABOUT THIS IS TO AVOID IT. JUST ANOTHER SAD ATTEMPT BY DISNEY TO MAKE ANOTHR MONEY GRAB.

I HAVE BEEN A DIE -HARD DISNEY NERD FOR OVER 40 YEARS - THIS DISNEY IS NOT THE DISNEY THAT I KNEW. CORPORATE GREED? INCOMPETENT MANAGEMENT? MONEY GRAB? MY ONLY ADVICE TO EVERYONE IS TO SKIP THI S EVENT - BOTH VIP AND GENERAL ADMISSION - UNTIL DISNEY RETURNS TO ITS ROOTS AND APPRECIATES ITS CUSTOMERS.

Any questions - let me know - thanks.

atlmgm...

I totally agree with everything you said about the 2016 VIP money grab. I attended most of the incredible Disneyana conventions held years ago at WDW, so I was expecting something amazing and exclusively similar to those experiences. I was kind of thinking the original plan was a tour of Pandora, and it fell through at the last minute. So, they treated us to something anyone else with admission to AK could have done. I'm sure Disney got an earful from most everyone after the event.

So, maybe foolishly, we are going to give them one more shot to make up for 2016. My guess for Friday night VIP would be a look at the Mickey & Minnies Runaway Train project, with dinner included. I'll post here about the experience. Hope this isn't our last year!

I look forward to reading your review - from what I have read on some of the blogs the event was not worth the cost. But can't wait to see your review of and the cost/benefit analysis. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!