Who has the best Disney scented candles?

I haven't seen anywhere in Disney that sells Disney-specific scents. They are missing out on a ton of revenue there. Lol. I have not been to AKL or Kidani, but Magic Candle Company's African Lodge is supposed to be inspired by AKL. You can read the reviews and see the products here:

https://magiccandlecompany.com/collections/frontpage/products/african-lodge

I love AKL, and both the Spireside and Magic scents are a great match. In terms of the two companies, I have the slightest preference for Spireside. The scents are a little more subtle but strong. Magic Candle Company is great, but the candles are somewhat overpowering.

My house is a respectable size, but perhaps Magic Candle are more suited for larger spaces. (Not to knock it, I have plenty of Magic Candle Scents I am going to try)

Last edited:

Floridian ~
Again, I don't remember this was how the Grand Floridian smells, but I was only there a couple of times. Once for tea, and once to see the gingerbread house.
To me, it is floral with a bit of freshly cut grass, a bright and clean scent. It's a nice scent. I like it. I may order it again.
I rate it a 4/5.

Flying Over Fiji ~
A nice fragrance. I like it. It's described as having "apple, melon, orange and bergamot. The heart blends lavender and bois de rose leading to a base of woody violet and musk." I am not sure I get any of those things. But I do like it. I may order it again.
I rate it a 4/5.

I will absolutely try both, especially the Flying Over Fiji. Anything with beramot, and I'm there. Both scents scene nice and refreshing.

I love the smell of WDWs Popcorn stands. It makes want to eat buckets of the stuff.... and I’m not even a popcorn fan! Has anyone tried the Popcorn scent from Magic Candle Scents? I would love a review before buying.

I have ordered from this company in the past, and the shipping took about a month in a half. I know that the original owners sold the company and the couple that bought it from them were much better, but the shipping times were still an issue.

Has anyone who has ordered from Magic Candle Company ever used the oil fragrance? I have a diffuser in my bedroom and was thinking of ordering the Beach Club or Contemporary scent(i think they're the same) I'm wondering if it has as strong scent as the candle.
I have. I did not like the fragrance oil as much as I liked their candles.

I haven't seen anywhere in Disney that sells Disney-specific scents. They are missing out on a ton of revenue there. Lol. I have not been to AKL or Kidani, but Magic Candle Company's African Lodge is supposed to be inspired by AKL. You can read the reviews and see the products here:

https://magiccandlecompany.com/collections/frontpage/products/african-lodge

There is only one company that is authorized by Disney to sell Disney-scented candles, Bowes Signature Candles. They have also have been given the actual scents from Disney. They are a local (Orlando) candle company. They had a booth at the Arts Festival this past January and they have a spot at Disney Springs that they have had for a couple of years now. We were speaking with the owner and he is super nice and knowledgeable about his products since he makes them himself. He explained that they are not allowed through their contract with Disney to use specific names on their candles, but trust me, their scents are spot on since the chemical makeup comes from Disney. Magic Candle was started by a couple who just moved down here 2-3 years ago to start a candle company. They moved to Celebration to take advantage of the fact that Celebration is so closely related to Disney, but they are in no way affiliated with Disney and according to some people we spoke to, Disney is currently looking into the company for any copy-right infringements. So, if you are looking for some candles that truly smell like the parks and hotels, try Bowes. They also have a website if you are not close to WDW: https://www.bowessignaturecandle.com/

I have tried Circa 1955 and have been getting the subscription box every month, but am looking to just stay with Bowes. The lady who owns Circa is super nice and she has a wide variety, but we like supporting local businesses. The Bowes Candles last a super long time and they smell fabulous. They also offer a discount on candle purchases for returning the glass holders for recycling.

As a side note, Disney used to sell their own brand of candles when they had the home store in Downtown Disney. This was years ago, but we still have the Pine and Sugar Cookie scents and they still smell amazing even after all these years. Wish Disney still made them.

There is only one company that is authorized by Disney to sell Disney-scented candles, Bowes Signature Candles. They have also have been given the actual scents from Disney. They are a local (Orlando) candle company. They had a booth at the Arts Festival this past January and they have a spot at Disney Springs that they have had for a couple of years now. We were speaking with the owner and he is super nice and knowledgeable about his products since he makes them himself. He explained that they are not allowed through their contract with Disney to use specific names on their candles, but trust me, their scents are spot on since the chemical makeup comes from Disney. Magic Candle was started by a couple who just moved down here 2-3 years ago to start a candle company. They moved to Celebration to take advantage of the fact that Celebration is so closely related to Disney, but they are in no way affiliated with Disney and according to some people we spoke to, Disney is currently looking into the company for any copy-right infringements. So, if you are looking for some candles that truly smell like the parks and hotels, try Bowes. They also have a website if you are not close to WDW: https://www.bowessignaturecandle.com/

I have tried Circa 1955 and have been getting the subscription box every month, but am looking to just stay with Bowes. The lady who owns Circa is super nice and she has a wide variety, but we like supporting local businesses. The Bowes Candles last a super long time and they smell fabulous. They also offer a discount on candle purchases for returning the glass holders for recycling.

As a side note, Disney used to sell their own brand of candles when they had the home store in Downtown Disney. This was years ago, but we still have the Pine and Sugar Cookie scents and they still smell amazing even after all these years. Wish Disney still made them.

Just looked at their site, and I do not burn candles, so I was looking for flameless options. There are only 4 oils, it doesn't say how many ounces each one is, and they are $16 each. Plus over $9 for shipping. I think $25.95 is pretty expensive. I only saw one fragrance that had wax melts, I think. Also, with a couple of the fragrances there was no explaination of what scents made up the fragrances. Monkey farts?! I am really hoping it smells like bananas, maybe? Lol. I cannot even guess what this one smells like. I also could not find where is said what weight / size each candle is. Edit: Looks like the candles are 14 oz.

IMG_6839.jpg

Last edited:
Just looked at their site, and I do not burn candles, so I was looking for flameless options. There are only 4 oils, it doesn't say how many ounces each one is, and they are $16 each. Plus over $9 for shipping. I think $25.95 is pretty expensive. I only saw one fragrance that had wax melts, I think. Also, with a couple of the fragrances there was no explaination of what scents made up the fragrances. Monkey farts?! I am really hoping it smells like bananas, maybe? Lol. I cannot even guess what this one smells like. I also could not find where is said what weight / size each candle is. Edit: Looks like the candles are 14 oz.

View attachment 398571
I looked at the link, too and I agree with you. There is a lot of product info missing. Knowing nothing more than the name doesn't make me want to purchase the product.

hi- is there a way i can tell which scents on the bowes website translate to disney places?

We've gone with Magic Candle Company and bought a bunch of ones to try - some, especially Polynesian, we really like. Used the Dis discount code too. I'd be curious about Bowes, but I find they're website not very user friendly, and as mentioned in the last post, there's no way of knowing what the majority of the scents even are. There are no descriptions other than the title (I mean, what the heck is "Butt Naked" scent???), and there's no indication if any other than "Poly Hawaii" and Green Clover Aloe (know this from this and other threads) have any connection to Disney.

Here are the latest 8 fragrance oils that I ordered from Magic Candle Co. I don't plan on ordering any more new ones to try until I have to reorder something and with how many I have to use, that's going to be a long while! Lol.

Very Vero ~
When I read that it was an orange scent, I wondered if it would be too similar to Flying Over Orange Groves. Thankfully, it's not. It's a nice, orange blossom flower fragrance. It's described as "top notes of petitgrain and bergamot, middle accords of neroli and jasmine, with a light sandalwood base."
First impression of this one just smelling it straight from the bottle was great and it's just as great as it's diffusing. This is sunshine in a bottle for me, a lovely, cheery scent, perfect for summertime. Love this fragrance, one of my favorites. Will definitely order again.
Rate it a 5/5.

African Lodge ~
This is listed as a blend of lilies, vanilla, sandalwood, musk, and a touch of amber. At first sniff, right out the bottle, it smells pretty light, with the sweeter top notes coming through. I think as it's diffusing, I can smell the amber more, and it does become more of a warm, earthy fragrance. It's nice, I like it. I would order it again.
Rate it a 4.5/5.

Haunted Holiday ~
Smells like gingerbread. Can definitely smell clove and cinnamon in there. I will definitely use this as a fall scent and through the holidays.
Rate it a 4.5/5.

Pumpkin King ~
This one is nice. To me, it's sort of a little reminiscent Pinocchio's Village with some cinnamon blended in there. They describe it as "pumpkin puree blended with warm notes of butter and sweet vanilla cream."
Rate it a 4.25/5.

Mouse Waffles ~
I thought this was going to smell mostly of just straight syrup, but it does also have that freshly made waffles smell, too.
Rate it a 4/5.

Little Old Christmas Shop ~
I am not the biggest fan of pine, so I wasn't sure how I would feel about this one. I thought since I don't get a Christmas tree anymore that it could be nice for the holidays, so I took the chance.
They describe it as, "Fresh citrus adds sparkle to this winter delight of crisp pine needles, sweet fir balsam and warm cedar. You'll also find hints of spiced apple as it adds sweetness to our blend along with clear musky undertones."
It will be nice for Xmas.
Rate it a 4/5.

Popcorn Stand ~
The name tells you exactly what this one is supposed to smell like. It does smell like popcorn. I made sure I cleaned out the diffuser super well before putting this one in, because I didn't want it to smell like perfume-y popcorn.
This one I can deal with for a short time only, others may feel differently about that, and may rate it higher if they really like popcorn or something.
Rate it a 4/5.

Poison Apple ~
Man, the scent from the bottle when I opened this one was so strong. I could smell it before I even got the cap all the way off. It is described as "crisp, blood-red apples, a hint of cinnamon, and a base of caramelized sugar."
When I had this in the diffuser, I had the windows open and it still filled the room and was pretty strong. I only put about 3 drops in.
Rate it a 4/5.

So, out of all of the ones I have tried so far, these are my very most favorite ones:

Haunted
Very Vero
Tiki Terrace
Polynesian
Mine Train
Walt's Office
Wilderness Resort
African Lodge
France
Churro
Haunted Holiday
Pinocchio's Village
Extraterrestrial Forest

Last edited:
Not a candle but I got this oil (read about here...maybe this thread!) and it smells just like the BC. I love it so much. I've ordered candles from various places and some did smell like Disney but they were $$ and burned down fast. The oil has been a much better purchase if you have a diffuser or don't mind investing in one.
https://www.amazon.com/Green-Clover-Aloe-Fragrance-Oil/dp/B0187JFRCQ?th=1
What kind of diffuser do you use or would recommend? I’ve never used one but am very interested in this oil. Thanks!

Just got an order in, Animal Lodge, Polynesian, Beach Club, and Mouse Waffle.

Animal Lodge - Smells only a little like Animal Kingdom Lodge - really, its not even close. And its a bit sickly sweet, my wife had me shut it off after a few minutes. Someone up above described it as too"Grandma Perfume like" ... and that is pretty spot on. Really disappointed, AKV is our home DVC resort, we know and LOVE that smell, this isn't it. Spireside's Animal Lodge Candle is almost bang on ...

familiar-fragrances added tons of new Disney scented candles. Plus they have the only ET candle in the world that actually smells like the ride. they have "Tower of Terror Lobby" which no one else offers. they also offer Ron Jon's surf shop scent which is "surf wax" and Vintage comic book --smells like an old stack of comics. no pirates ride though which means they show some integrity. everyone is popping off with pirate ride scents and they all are NO WHERE near the ride whatsoever. its a reach ...into your wallets. lol anyway....the car sprays rock tooo... and so does minions banana farts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!