Who has the best Disney scented candles?

I just got an order from Main Street Melts on Etsy, and I have nothing but good things to say so far! We got Churro, Confectionary Shop, Jambo, and Aloha Pineapple Whip. I love them all. However, I do have a very stuffy nose so I can't yet speak to their throw.

Love Love Love the spireside candles, tarts and room sprays! Scents that are long lasting. I find the website description very helpful and accurate. Also they have a reward program. Highly recommend!

I just looked up all of these and once again the shipping to Canada is insane. I’ve also moved pretty far from the border so I can’t ship to a box. I was hoping to get my sister a beach club one for Christmas.

I just received an order of oils from the Magic Candle Company and while the scents are ok, they in no way smell like Disney smells. I have ordered many wax melts and candles from Spireside over the last couple years and those scents seem much more Disney-like than Magic ones do.

I just received an order of oils from the Magic Candle Company and while the scents are ok, they in no way smell like Disney smells. I have ordered many wax melts and candles from Spireside over the last couple years and those scents seem much more Disney-like than Magic ones do.

I feel the same way...I ordered a bunch of melts scented to the poly and beach club and neither smell anything like the hotels. They do smell good but not Disney.

I feel the same way...I ordered a bunch of melts scented to the poly and beach club and neither smell anything like the hotels. They do smell good but not Disney.
I tried to see if I could leave a review and I can’t find any way to do that. Every review I can find on the site is 5-star, so I’m thinking they only show the ones they want. Their Facebook page only shows their posts so it doesn’t seem like there is any way to give an honest review anywhere.

Not a candle but I got this oil (read about here...maybe this thread!) and it smells just like the BC. I love it so much. I've ordered candles from various places and some did smell like Disney but they were $$ and burned down fast. The oil has been a much better purchase if you have a diffuser or don't mind investing in one.
https://www.amazon.com/Green-Clover-Aloe-Fragrance-Oil/dp/B0187JFRCQ?th=1

Funny story, today I had "Jambo" scented wax melts going from Main Street Melts. (we are at AKL in less than 4 weeks!) My DD came in from work, immediately asking what I was cooking or what scent was I using! I told her it was themed to Jambo...she said it was "warm and smelled like good food cooking". I told her, well, it's like Boma is getting things cooking downstairs!" She completely agreed! It's absolutely freezing here today, so this was obviously a perfect scent to give us a little taste of AKL when we needed it!!

I cannot for the life of me find a candle that smells like the Boardwalk lobby. Is it the aloe and clover scent like the other deluxe resorts?? I can’t figure out why every candle company skips this resort!

I have been ordering some fragrance oils from Magic Candle Co with my Xmas gift money. So far I have tried 8 over the past month or so. I really like most of them, but I really don't know about them being accurate to the attraction or place like others are saying. Maybe it's just my nose. :confused3 Or maybe my memory is bad. Lol.

Here are the Disney scents I have tried so far and some thoughts on them, in case anyone is interested. I definitely had no idea what to expect when I ordered them. I'll start with my favorites, and work down.

Haunted ~
I get a lot of vanilla, a bit of cedar, I also get some hints of sweet chocolate as well as some frankincense and maybe myrrh in there. It's warm, buttery and smoky. Unexpected delight, I love it. I can definitely see this being one of those scents where you're either going to love it or hate it. It's a strong fragrance. I will definitely order it again.
I rate it a 5/5.

Walt's Office ~
Like favorite memories wrapped in a warm hug. Love this scent. Warm, inviting, intoxicating. I definitely get the honey, tobacco leaf, vanilla, and I also get musk. The musk reminds me of a men's cologne that a friend of my father's used to wear when I was a kid. Occasionally, I get a trace of rose but much to my dismay, no violet. (Violet is a favorite scent. But that's ok because I love this scent.) At the very end I seem to get some citrus/orange scent, too. I will definitely purchase this for my diffuser again.
I rate it a 5/5.

Polynesian ~
Since I have only been to the Poly a couple of times, and the last time was way back in 2001, IDK if this smells like the Poly now. (I remember the lobby smelling like that fountain that used to be in there.) I do know I love this fragrance! It's soft and really lovely. The fragrance is perfect on it's own, but on some days, when I need a more invigorating scent, I add a drop of lemongrass essential oil to it and it blends in so nicely and adds a little punch. I will definitely reorder this one.
I rate it a 4.5/5.

Floridian ~
Again, I don't remember this was how the Grand Floridian smells, but I was only there a couple of times. Once for tea, and once to see the gingerbread house.
To me, it is floral with a bit of freshly cut grass, a bright and clean scent. It's a nice scent. I like it. I may order it again.
I rate it a 4/5.

Flying Over Fiji ~
A nice fragrance. I like it. It's described as having "apple, melon, orange and bergamot. The heart blends lavender and bois de rose leading to a base of woody violet and musk." I am not sure I get any of those things. But I do like it. I may order it again.
I rate it a 4/5.

Flying Over Orange Groves ~
I expected more of an orange punch with this one. I get more floral than orange. I usually add an extra drop of tangerine when I put this in the diffuser. I do like it though. I may order it again.
I rate it a 4/5.

Pirate Water ~
Guess I'm in the minority with this one. It's okay. When you look at their website, everyone is raving about it. The fragrance is extremely subtle and not quite how I remember my favorite dark water ride. I honestly don't even get much of a scent from it. It isn't offensive or anything. I don't hate it. Just meh. I will not order it again.
I rate it a 3/5.

Orleans ~
This was was definitely the most disappointing for me. I thought I'd like it because I like all the things listed that are listed. (Jasmine, gardenia, violet, lemon zest , and vanilla.) There is just something in there that I don't like and for the life of me, I cannot figure out what it is. It sort of has a bitter after smell to me, not sure that makes sense. I will not order it again. Not even sure I will use up what I have.
I rate it a 2/5.

I plan on getting 8 more of their fragrance oils to try.

So I just got my 4 Pack of oils from Magic Candle Company. I was so excited for them as I have a diffuser in my office. And honestly I’m a little disappointed. I got Rome Burning, Pirate Life, Wilderness Resort and Beach Resort.

Rome Burning is definitely smoky (which I love smoky, masculine, woody scents) but there’s something thrown in that I don’t love and I can’t figure out what it is. Maybe should have tried Walt’s Office instead.

Pirate Life is I don’t even know what blend. Something floral mixed in with like cleaning solution or something! It’s hard to describe, but doesn’t bring me back to the ride at all. Not a big fan.

Wilderness Resort is nice, like pine and peppermint, but subtle.

Beach Resort is probably the best. I little more floral than I’d like and again, doesn’t totally remind me of Beach Club.

I agree with other posters about the “not Disney” smells. None of them bring me back to Disney. They aren’t bad, but more just slightly Disney inspired to me? I’m also think the scents are a little too subtle for me. It takes a lot of drops to even throw much of a scent and the bottles are small to begin with.

I might order again with different scents, but I also might just stick with Spireside. I only wish they did oils!

I have been testing out the latest 8 new fragrance oils that I purchased. I jotted down some notes and thoughts to share here. I was reviewing them on Magic Candle Co's website as well, but apparently they only allow 4+5 star reviews and did not let my review of Pirate Life be posted. I reviewed it twice. The first time, I thought maybe it just didn't go through, so I did uploaded another a couple of days later, and they did not let it go through. I didn't even phrase the review as negatively as I wanted to there. I did give it 3 stars, and I guess that bothered them. So, now I understand how the ratings are so high on all their products if they're not letting people give honest reviews.

Pinocchio's Village ~
I love this one! This was definitely my favorite of the lot. They describe this one as pistachio nuts, almond, honey, heliotrope, and rich, creamy vanilla custard. I don't smell pistachios, but right when I open up the bottle, I get blasted with an almond / Amaretto fragrance. When in the diffuser, I don't get that as much. I get more cherries, which is probably the heliotrope. Reminds me of chocolate covered cherries, or cherry vanilla pipe smoke, but no "smokiness". I will definitely order this again.

I am rating it 5/5 stars.

Mine Train ~
I tried this one the first day I got the order. I put this in my diffuser I was going crazy for hours trying to figure out what the heck it smelled like. It really reminded me of something else. They had also given me a free car air freshener of Wow Century. I finally realized these two together totally smelled exactly like Avon's Skin So Soft to me.

The description of Mine Train says vanilla, musk and sandalwood accompanied by lively top notes of jasmine, lavender and orange.

Skin So Soft's description is, white lily, lavender and notes of sparkling citrus create the rich woodland scent.

So, I can see how Mine Train could be reminiscent of SSS. Having said all that, while I was never a fan of the scent of SSS, I do like Mine Train. Once I took the Wow Century air freshener out of the room, and just had Mine Train going, I liked it better. And that air freshener is still in the wrapped package and you can smell it. Lol.

I am giving Mine Train a solid 4.5/5 stars, and I would reorder it again.

Tiki Terrace ~
I wasn't sure I was going to like this when I ordered it, but I'm glad I did. It's described as sparkling lemon, toasted coconut, orchid petals with tiny hints of green leaves blended with white cedar and vanilla musk. I am normally not a fan of coconut smelling items at all. I don't mind the coconut in here at all, it's not overly done, I just get a nice hint in the background. It smells fruity and maybe pineapple-ish when you sniff the bottle. In the diffuser it's not as fruity, much more vanilla. I would order it again.

Rate it 4.5/5 stars.

Japan ~
To me, this smells pretty much like Bath & Body Works' Japanese Cherry Blossom. I like it. It's fine. If I didn't own the B&B products, I would probably order it again. Right now, it's redundant.

I rate it 4/5 stars.

Norway ~
It smells like Laila, but I am not getting as much watermelon and lily of the valley, like I get with Laila. It also reminds me of a perfume I wore in the late 80's / early 90's and I cannot remember which one. It might have been in a tall, thin, brown bottle with a gold cap? (Anyone knows what I'm thinking of, let me know.) Anyway, I think this would probably remind you of the shop in the Norway pavilion. I don't think I'll reorder it again, but only because I still have some actual Laila perfume left.

I guess I would rate it 3.5/5.

Wow Century ~
I've stayed at Pop Century, 2x. I cannot say that I remember the lobby smelling like this. The description says, green tea and lemongrass. It's definitely very citrusy, but I don't get that bit of ginger scent that you get from my lemongrass essential oil. I do like it. It is a fresh scent, I think. I'm on the fence about whether I will reorder it. It is a nice clean scent. I might reorder it again.

I rate it a 3.5/5 stars.

Skyway ~
They describe this as mandarin mist, cotton blossom, linden flowers, driftwood and crisp musk. It mostly comes across like typical cotton blossom to me, like from Bath & Body Works, except maybe a bit more floral. And every once in a while, I catch a little bit of whatever I did not like in the Orleans scent, that I cannot figure out what it is. Unlike Orleans, I will finish up this bottle, but I don't think I'll be ordering it again.

I rate it a 3/5.

Animation ~
I only was inside the AoA lobby, once. I didn't notice it smelling this way, or at least I don't remember it. It says apricot, peaches and green mango, I don't get any of those, I don't think. When I open the cap, I get the smell of fruity cough medicine, maybe? IDK. I'm not even sure what it smells like when diffusing. Maybe kinda like a random red colored scented candle that you happened to find at the department store. This was the least liked of the bunch, for sure. Won't be ordering it again.

Rate it a 2/5.

Last edited:
Has anyone had any issues with the Bakery candles from Magic candle company tunneling. We purchased 2 of the smaller candles a Bakery and Castaway cruise. The bakery started tunneling the castaway cruise is fine both of them were burnt in the exact same spot. I contacted Magic candles and they said it must have been something we did wrong. We ordered 5 more larger candles one of them being Bakery and it did the exact same thing. All the other candles have burnt fine. All of these candles are used in the exact same spot, we swap them out every few days.

I contacted magic candle company again and have gotten no response.

I just pulled the trigger on the subscription box from Magic Candle Company. Now I'm waiting for the first box to show up.

I have been ordering Disney scented wax melts for a few years from:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/FandomsFairytales?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=641435768

Good prices and great scents. I got an electric wax melter from ACMoore with a 50% off coupon so it was a cheap investment. My favorite is the GF lobby and Main Street Ice Cream shop.
I just went to have a look and I’m bummed that they don’t ship to Canada! Every shop I’ve looked at either don’t ship here or it’s way too expensive to ship here.

I had no idea this was a thing! My first thought was...what does "Disney" smell like? It smells like chlorine and wet pavement to me, LOL.

I got a BH&G wax melter from Walmart this Christmas, and it came with a few sample waxes. One of them, vanilla and caramel, smells exactly like the Grand Floridian lobby at Christmastime to me. I doubt seriously it's the exact scent, but it was close enough to put me in the mind of it. Delightful.

I'd love to find whatever it is Kidani's lobby smells like. Every time I walked through that place last summer I remarked on how wonderful it smelled. My traveling companion took the H2O products from the room, and she swears that's what the lobby smelled like. I can't say as I never used the H20 stuff. I'm going to get some in June and see.

Is there anywhere in Disney that sells Disney-specific scents?

I had no idea this was a thing! My first thought was...what does "Disney" smell like? It smells like chlorine and wet pavement to me, LOL.

I got a BH&G wax melter from Walmart this Christmas, and it came with a few sample waxes. One of them, vanilla and caramel, smells exactly like the Grand Floridian lobby at Christmastime to me. I doubt seriously it's the exact scent, but it was close enough to put me in the mind of it. Delightful.

I'd love to find whatever it is Kidani's lobby smells like. Every time I walked through that place last summer I remarked on how wonderful it smelled. My traveling companion took the H2O products from the room, and she swears that's what the lobby smelled like. I can't say as I never used the H20 stuff. I'm going to get some in June and see.

Is there anywhere in Disney that sells Disney-specific scents?

I haven't seen anywhere in Disney that sells Disney-specific scents. They are missing out on a ton of revenue there. Lol. I have not been to AKL or Kidani, but Magic Candle Company's African Lodge is supposed to be inspired by AKL. You can read the reviews and see the products here:

https://magiccandlecompany.com/collections/frontpage/products/african-lodge

I have been using the last round of fragrance oils from Magic Candle Co. for the last couple of weeks. I ordered 7 new oils to try, and a reorder of my most favorite, Haunted. Here's some thoughts about what I ordered. As usual, I have no idea if these claim to smell exactly like the resorts/rides, they are inspired by, like some people claim.

Wilderness Resort ~
They say this fragrance oil "features notes of earth, firewood, pine and leather." I was afraid to order it at first because I was nervous it would be too piney and smoky It's not at all, I can get hints of pine, and maybe some leather, with musk. I don't get the earth and firewood at all. It's a nice masculine scent, and if you like Walt's Office, or Mine Train, you would probably like this. I don't think it smells outdoorsy, like other reviewers that I've read have stated. It was definitely a favorite out of the new scents I ordered this time. I would order it again.

I rate it 4.5/5 stars.

France ~
"Crème brûlée, caramelized brown sugar and delicious buttery top notes blended with a tantalizing mix of warm sugar and sweet vanilla," is how this one is described. I think it kind of smells like all that, plus maybe like a hazelnut coffee. Smells like the kinds of yummy scents you encounter in a café that serves delicious French pastries. I would order it again.

I rate it a 4.5/5 stars.

Extraterrestrial Forest ~
For me, this fragrance oil was the really weird one out of the bunch. The description says, "top notes of metallic and moss; followed by middle notes of fir needles and musk; all resting upon base notes of balsam and sandalwood." I cannot pick out any of those or any one scent in this fragrance. I just get musk, a woodsy musk, I think. It smells different just from the bottle than it does while diffusing. I didn't really like it at first, but it has actually grown on me. This is the second time I have it in my diffuser, and I'm enjoying it more today. It's definitely a different fragrance. I feel like I've smelled it before, but I cannot figure out what it smells like to me.

I rate it a 4/5. (I was originally only going to give it a 3)

Churro ~
This one is supposed to smell just like that fried pastry with cinnamon and sugar that we all know and love. It smells like vanilla with a smidgen of cinnamon. I was worried when I ordered it that there would be too much cinnamon and I actually think that it could use a little more cinnamon. It would be perfect then. It does smell good though. I would order it again.

I rate it a 4/5.

Pirate Banana Rum ~
This is a very one note fragrance, it smells like bananas. I got pretty bored of it right away. The second time I put it in my diffuser I added some drops of France and Churro, and I thought it smelled more like a banana bread fragrance and I liked it better this way.

I rate it an average 3/5 if used alone, 4/5 when used with the other fragrance oils.

Flying Over Africa ~
They say that this one has "a hint of sweetness and just the right amount of earthiness to accent the unmistakable smell of fresh cut grass." I think this definitely smells like grass, and it's a very one note fragrance.

I rate it an average 3/5. (I can see how others might rate this one higher.)

Pineapple Whip ~
I don't know about this one. It's obviously supposed to smell like a Dole Whip. When you smell it in the bottle, it smells like a Dum Dum Pineapple Lollipop to me. That's all I got, just that one note. In the diffuser, I really didn't smell much of anything, so instead of the intermittent setting, I put it on the continuous setting. Didn't seem to make a difference. Maybe it's just me. I could smell it a little bit in the beginning and then, nothing. Nose fatigue? IDK. I just really don't smell anything much with this one. I couldn't even smell it hardly at all when I went out to walk the dog, and then came back into the house. Won't order it again. After reading all the stellar reviews with this fragrance oil it seems I'm in the minority with this one, too.

I guess I give it a 2/5.

I noticed that they "reimagined" Pirate Life and have made it less of a novelty scent. I wonder if it smells better than it did before, and if I'd like it now? I have seen a few complaints from those who liked the old scent.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter