Who has stayed at CBR over the Christmas Holiday B4?

FINFAN

Mom to Tinkbell
Hi again....my friend currently has WL booked for next Dec., and as obvious as that resort is for themeing....we are from Il. and she is thinking that the tropical atmosphere may be nice in Dec. Feel more like they are away...any thoughts? I suggested a split stay but at this time she doesn't want to be bothered by that. they are figuring on 6 or 7 nights.

FI and I stayed at the CBR December of 99 and 01. (he proposed to me there in 01!) This is the only resort I've stayed at, but I loved it during the holidays. (we weren't there DURING Xmas, but the second week of Dec...)

It's beautifully decorated in muted Christmas colors - no glaring red/green/gold theme...it's a subtle pink, sage green, pale yellow theme. Pontsiettas (sp?) all over the place, holiday music (with a carribean twist) playing in the background.

The main places you'll see the decorations is the 'check in place' (i'm sorry - I forget the name of the building) and Old Port Royale - the food court. The pool areas/beaches/rooms are basically decoration free, but you do feel like you are in a tropical location...not just Florida!

The ONLY thing I'd reccomend to you, is to get a room that isn't very far away from the food court...the internal buses are a pain and it's a far walk from some of the outer "islands" (The whole resort is split up into Islands - Martinique, Trinidad, S. Trindad - it's a hike from that one - and a bunch of other ones.) Make sure you ask a CM for a relatively close one. Yes the walk along the water is nice after a full meal...but some don't like it.

IF you have any other ?'s, let me know! Good luck!

(we're honeymooning at the WL...can't wait!)

We have stayed at CBR at Christmas about 4 times. It is great. Christmas Eve outside of Port Royale they have tables set up for you to decorate cookies. Santa is there for awhile. They also used to have a live band but last year it was just one man. The characters also make an appearance. They had hot apple cider and the resort is very pretty with the decorations. On Christmas Day there is a gift on your door. Sorry to say we won't be spending Christmsas at Disney. Sure wish I was.

We stayed at CBR for Christmas last year and it was magical. They have a lot of fun things for the kids to do on Christmas Eve day along with what the previous poster said about Christmas Eve. We also got a little giftie on our door on Christmas morning. Most of the decorations are in the common areas such as Old Port Royale and the check in area but they do have wonderful island christmas music playing throughout the resort. Also a lot of the guest decorate their rooms and windows. It was neat to walk around and see them all lit up at night.

CBR is our favorite resort anyway but it was extra magical at Christmas. I cant wait to stay there again next year.

We live in Florida and CBR does not feel Florida....it feels more tropical

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter