Who has recently included Palo dinner in their trip reports?

cadien

DIS Veteran
The search function is not cooperating at all right now, but I'd like to see some accounts and hopefully photos. By recently I just mean like the last 2-3 years. Thanks!

I have not written a formal report on Palo dinner but I can give you a few opinions.

We love the quite no kids atmosphere to have a quiet dinner alone even if it is just for a few hours. We dont love the Pirate menu, so we normally dine in Palo the evening of Pirate night but leave enough time to be able to pick up our little one and go to the pirate show and fire works.

The menu has a lot of different choices and they will let you order pretty much whatever you want and as much as you want. They start you with a very nice antipasto course that is assembled tableside and includes meat, cheeses, olives, peppers and a balsamic glaze. We find that this is always a great way to start our dinner.

For the appetizer we normally share the gnocchi as well as the shrimp and calamari. Main courses are all delicious of the ones I have tried but I find my favorites are the filet or the osso bucco. We also add a small side of the mushroom risotto.

Dont forget to leave room for the chocolate souffle!

I am sure many others will chime in with helpful comments for you as well.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

IMG_7451.jpg

I went to Palo on Christmas. If you click on the link in my signature for Christmas Cruise 2016 Trip Report it's on the first page near the bottom.

We had dinner in Palo last Thursday night on the Magic. I don't take food photos, but @Trera summed it up well.

We had considered ordering an appetizer to share in addition to the arugula salads we planned, but we decided that with the antipasto it would be too much food. I had the salad and the filet with the wine sauce. They were both delicious. My husband had the salad, the stuffed mushrooms entree, and the filet entree with the wine sauce. He cleaned his plates. We shared the gelato dessert, which was a decent small portion of six different flavors.

Someone near us ordered the scallops, which I have had in the past. I remember loving them. There are three large ones on the plate so if you have a hearty appetite you could add this to the filet to create a surf & turf meal.

Was there anything in particular that you wanted to know? Specific to a ship?

You might try searching the cruise trip reports sub-forum for the DISer @ukintheus. She writes great trip reports and seems to eat in Palo for dinner pretty regularly.

Was there anything in particular that you wanted to know? Specific to a ship?

Not really. It just seems like the blog reviews I find order the same thing every time so I haven't seen the full range of options. And really not even that is crucial. It's just a fun trip preparation thing. I officially booked us Palo dinner for Pirate Night yesterday so that's what is on my mind. We're on the Wonder in February.

Not really. It just seems like the blog reviews I find order the same thing every time so I haven't seen the full range of options. And really not even that is crucial. It's just a fun trip preparation thing. I officially booked us Palo dinner for Pirate Night yesterday so that's what is on my mind. We're on the Wonder in February.
I cant remember who our server was on the Wonder but it was a woman from Portugal I believe and she was amazing. She mentioned she had been with DCL for a very long time.

Maybe someone on here will know her name.

We went to Palo last week on the Wonder. I tend not to take pictures at Palo because I want to enjoy the experience, but a few things must be preserved for prosperity.

We had Leo as our server and he was fantastic. Craig is the head sommelier and was phenomenal. Craig will come to your table and help you pair a wine with your meal. There is a special menu you can get which pairs a wine to each course for an additional $59 per guest. Otherwise, they offered Pasta, Seafood and Meat entree options. They start you off with selections from an antipasta bar.

https://flic.kr/p/Qz1GnQ

I had the filet for my entree and it was marvelous. Of course, you can't go to Palo and not have the souffle. I had the chocolate while my DH had the amaretto.

https://flic.kr/p/Qz1Gd1

https://flic.kr/p/Qz1G5L

After dinner they bring out a drink with Limincello, brandy and some other things, but it is delicious.

https://flic.kr/p/Qz1FZq

We have never been disappointed with our Palo experiences both at brunch and dinner. Bon Appetite!

We went to Palo last week on the Wonder. I tend not to take pictures at Palo because I want to enjoy the experience, but a few things must be preserved for prosperity.

We had Leo as our server and he was fantastic. Craig is the head sommelier and was phenomenal. Craig will come to your table and help you pair a wine with your meal. There is a special menu you can get which pairs a wine to each course for an additional $59 per guest. Otherwise, they offered Pasta, Seafood and Meat entree options. They start you off with selections from an antipasta bar.

I had the filet for my entree and it was marvelous. Of course, you can't go to Palo and not have the souffle. I had the chocolate while my DH had the amaretto.

After dinner they bring out a drink with Limincello, brandy and some other things, but it is delicious.

We have never been disappointed with our Palo experiences both at brunch and dinner. Bon Appetite!
I forgot about this drink. It is delicious.

Went this past Friday and Sunday on the Dream... I’m officially a food snob now. I could eat the filet every day and never get tried of it. It needed NOTHING. But I still dipped it in the cheese sauce. Amazing.

Attachments

• 1ECD9E2B-C780-424F-B599-4887CB7B9544.jpeg
    1ECD9E2B-C780-424F-B599-4887CB7B9544.jpeg
    50.1 KB · Views: 16
How often do they change the dinner menu in Palo? It seems not often at all. We just got off the Fantasy and enjoyed Palo dinner for the 4th time (this was our 5th cruise), but I don't think we will do Palo for dinner again (love brunch and could do it every day if they let us lol) because the menu has been the same all 4 times. It has nothing to do with the service or food quality (excellent every time) but I wish they would change the menu up.

How often do they change the dinner menu in Palo? It seems not often at all. We just got off the Fantasy and enjoyed Palo dinner for the 4th time (this was our 5th cruise), but I don't think we will do Palo for dinner again (love brunch and could do it every day if they let us lol) because the menu has been the same all 4 times. It has nothing to do with the service or food quality (excellent every time) but I wish they would change the menu up.

They don't change the menus for any of the dining rooms very often at all. I believe Palo's menu got a bit of a refresh not too terribly long ago so there may not be much there. Maybe they'll freshen it up when the new ships start coming out.

They tweaked it in 2016. It seems to be a super rare thing. People want to see their favorites.

They used to have an amazing bean soup that was removed from the menu in 2016. The bean soup they have now doesn’t compare.

I cant remember who our server was on the Wonder but it was a woman from Portugal I believe and she was amazing. She mentioned she had been with DCL for a very long time.

Maybe someone on here will know her name.

I think you are talking about Susana Moreira. She is awesome. She has moved from the Wonder to the Fantasy though.

You might try searching the cruise trip reports sub-forum for the DISer @ukintheus. She writes great trip reports and seems to eat in Palo for dinner pretty regularly.

Thanks! Yes, we eat in Palo most cruises for brunch and dinner. My trip report links are below. The one from January this year is the Fantasy, the one from August last year is the Dream and most others are the Wonder.

I think you are talking about Susana Moreira. She is awesome. She has moved from the Wonder to the Fantasy though.
Well that is too bad as we have a wonder cruise in February but it’s good because we have a fantasy cruise in July.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter