Who has a jeep latitude plus? Your review?

yeahdisney

DIS Veteran
I googled and of course most reviews are bad because we all complain when they’re bad. I almost got one today think I’m gonna pick it up Monday. Does anyone have bad reviews here? Thank you

looking at jeep latitude fwd
But what model?
I just tested a bought a Ford Escape instead of a Compass just yesterday... We have owned a few Jeeps. I feel like the on,y ones worth getting anymore are Wranglers. I think you can get better SUVs for better prices from other makes.

Latitude is not a model of vehicle. It's a trim level, just like LX, EX, Limited, etc... What model of Jeep are you looking at? Compass, Cherokee, etc....?

Generally speaking, the Wrangler is a unique and recommendable vehicle because of its' uniqueness. I'm pretty sure it doesn't come in Latitude trim however, so I'm guessing you're looking at the Compass, Renegade, Cherokee. They're garbage, don't waste your money. You can get FAR better vehicles than what they offer. Jeep is a dumpster fire outside of the Wrangler.

Don't. Just don't. You can do so much better. I'm not an SUV fan anyway, especially if you're getting FWD. However, if you really want one, the CR-V, Rav4, Tuscon, Santa Fe, CX3, CX5 are all significantly better than the Cherokee. Sorry to say it, but the Cherokee is hanging out around the bottom of the barrel along with the Rogue.

Jeep is a dumpster fire outside of the Wrangler.
The Wrangler is a dumpster fire as well if you plan to use it on paved roads. It just has the luxury of being the only vehicle in it's segment so it doesn't have to be good at anything outside of it's narrow scope.
Don't. Just don't. You can do so much better. I'm not an SUV fan anyway, especially if you're getting FWD. However, if you really want one, the CR-V, Rav4, Tuscon, Santa Fe, CX3, CX5 are all significantly better than the Cherokee. Sorry to say it, but the Cherokee is hanging out around the bottom of the barrel along with the Rogue.
CX-5 and Subaru Forester are my go to recommendations in that class. If looking only at domestic... Ford Escape is pretty solid.

I'm not a Subaru fan, they're middle of the road to me and has their share of issues, but I think very highly of the CX-5. I agree the word "solid" would fit the Escape. Not the best, but not a bad choice at all.

OP, by the way the Cherokee is co-developed with Fiat (since they own Jeep/Chrysler) and is significantly related to the Dodge Dart and Chrysler 200, both of which were really poor cars.

Honestly I was really unhappy with the Jeeps when we were looking yesterday, but I fell in love with the ‘19 Escape. So much better than the Compass... Though I did look at the Cherokee, but wanted something smaller.

Honestly I was really unhappy with the Jeeps when we were looking yesterday, but I fell in love with the ‘19 Escape. So much better than the Compass... Though I did look at the Cherokee, but wanted something smaller.

Funny thing is DW felt the Escape and others felt small, did not like the enclosed feeling or steering wheel feed back. ALL PERSONAL EXPERIENCES when make a decission plus it is the only one with 4,500 lb towing.

She had to special ordered her 2017 Cherokee Overland 4x4 and maybe because the build sheet had her name KATHY on it everybody sprinkled some pixiedust: on it as it rolled by when they built it because 50,000 miles so far and nothing but oil/filter changes and new tires.

Last edited:
Funny thing is DW felt the Escape and others felt small, did not like the enclosed feeling or steering wheel feed back. ALL PERSONAL EXPERIENCES when make a decission plus it is the only one with 4,500 lb towing.

She had to special ordered her 2017 Cherokee Overlander 4x4 and maybe because the build sheet had her name KATHY on it everybody sprinkled some pixiedust: on it as it rolled by when they built it because 50,000 miles so far and nothing but oil/filter changes and new tires.
Definitely based on what people like! I’m glad she’s happy!
I really wanted another Jeep, I just liked the Ford better this time around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter