Who else is completely annoyed with new advertising band across screen?

They should offer a membership fee that eliminates ads for the people who seem to have issues with them. Kill two birds with one stone and all.

I use AdBlock Plus and Purify on my iPad. The combo seems to work for me. Purify can be a little aggressive blocking out stuff you need and sometimes you can’t get it to “whitelist” something. It’s annoying sometimes but infinitely better than being barraged by floating ads that make sites unusable.

It's shouldn't be up to users to add applications simply to be able to participate in a site.

Upshot for me is that now I refuse to visit the site on a mobile device. Since they get ad revenue based on screen views, they're really only shooting themselves in the foot by driving traffic away.

It's shouldn't be up to users to add applications simply to be able to participate in a site.

Upshot for me is that now I refuse to visit the site on a mobile device. Since they get ad revenue based on screen views, they're really only shooting themselves in the foot by driving traffic away.
Since use of the site is free, you get what you get. If you don't like how a site is operated, you "fix" it so it works for you, or you go away.

Yes that is understandable and I am not complaining about the crap ton of ads that are blended in between the posts, but this new floating ad crap that was added very recently is so annoying. Every time you scroll on the page it flicks up and down the screen making it hard to read posts.

I don’t understand why they want you to hate the website and hate what is advertised? Maybe it’s a social experiment. Less time on th disboards...score!

At the bottom of this page is a “contact us” link. I sent a message with the trouble I am having with the moving cross screen banner ad. I have tried 4 ad blockers on my iPad and still no help. Will report if I get a response.

Thank you! Norton Ad Blocker worked! I wouldn’t purchase anything from a company that goes to such extremes toget their name/product out there!

TC :cool1:

Don't think so. I've only got ABP and I use Chrome. And I'm not seeing this floating ad that everyone's complaining about.
I just downloaded it. During the setup, it mentions working with Safari (in fact it directs you to the iPad settings for Safari). When you look at the IPad settings for Chrome, there's nothing to refer to ABP. Again, I'm just referring to Ipad. I use ABP on my desktop with no issues.

Thank you! Norton Ad Blocker worked! I wouldn’t purchase anything from a company that goes to such extremes toget their name/product out there!

TC :cool1:

The advertizer isn't responsible for how the ads appear on the site. Whoever does the webpage coding for the DIS is responsible for the banner not appearing properly on all browsers & devices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!