Who can check in first?

leebee

DIS Veteran
I have a BounceBack reservation at POR; DD30 is also on the reservation. It looks like I might have to postpone my arrival by a day, or at the very least will arrive in Orlando very late in the evening, about 12 hours after DD's flight. Will she be able to check into the room when she arrives, or does she have to wait for me to get there? The reservation is room-only; would it go more smoothly if we pay for the room in advance (and do I have to call to do that)? If we do online check-in, will she be able to go to the room without having to go to the front desk? I'm trying to determine the smoothest way to do this, especially if I am delayed 24 hours, so DD isn't stuck without a place to sleep!

They will charge the card on file from online check-in the day you check in for any remaining balance due. If you want to pay another way and won’t be there/might not be there call ahead and pay.

And if DD wants charges to her own CC, she'll have to stop by the front desk to add but if she's on the reservation, it won't be an issue (or if for some reason her MB doesn't work to open the door--it happens).

And if DD wants charges to her own CC, she'll have to stop by the front desk to add but if she's on the reservation, it won't be an issue (or if for some reason her MB doesn't work to open the door--it happens).
There’s also an option to unlock the door with your phone.

There’s also an option to unlock the door with your phone.
Yes! Never tried it as I've heard it can have "issues" as well. We always use a MB and have only had to go to the front desk twice to fix whatever the door problem is. But great reminder about using the phone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter