Whispering Canyon Cafe Restaurant Review

This makes me sad to hear that they have toned it down. We haven't been in years but are planning a trip then end of November and have an ADR for our first night. I'm wondering if we should reconsider...
If you are staying there or already have plans to explore there (you definitely should on a longer trip!), definitely eat there! If not, maybe pass.

I am
I have to agree 100%. We were told they were not allowed to yell- we had to for our ketchup- but there were only about 3 or 4 other parties even there. Our server said that it had become a competition amongst many of the servers about who could put on more of a show and apparently some servers took it too far and upset many customers.

Our meal was cold and the milkshake machine broke down after only 1 of our 4 kids got a milkshake made- yeah that caused some big problems!

Having experienced it in April and then June of this year...we will not be back.
I am sorry to hear about your experience! That sounds like a rough evening. We loved it the two times we have gone, but may not make the effort to go back for a while if we aren't staying at the resort.

Another great review. We love the option to swap milkshakes if you order a second.
The skillet is great value in theory but we never do it justice.
I do miss the Navajo bread starter though it was my favourite.
We all love the cornbread too.

Another great review. We love the option to swap milkshakes if you order a second.
The skillet is great value in theory but we never do it justice.
I do miss the Navajo bread starter though it was my favourite.
We all love the cornbread too.
Thank you!

I think I could love everything on the menu (other than salad because I am not a salad person :)). Shakes are always amazing and I love the idea of diversifying.

Great review!!

It's a shame Disney can't make transit just a little better to some of the more distant places. I love AKL, but it can have the same problem as WL in that getting there can be very inconvenient.

I totally agree in regards to the food. I really like it, but no longer go to WCC as I feel the food is too much for me in August (when I go).

Great review!!

It's a shame Disney can't make transit just a little better to some of the more distant places. I love AKL, but it can have the same problem as WL in that getting there can be very inconvenient.

I totally agree in regards to the food. I really like it, but no longer go to WCC as I feel the food is too much for me in August (when I go).
Thank you!! I agree about the transportation I think that WL would be a top-3 resort for us if it was easier to get to. Wow that would be a hard meal to have during the hottest and stickiest month of the year! Haha

After reading through this thread i am wondering if I need/should change 2 of my reservations on our upcoming trip. We will be in Disney for both our Daughter's 9th birthday and Son's 13th birthday. For his birthday lunch he specifically picked Whispering Canyon Cafe because of the crazy antics. If these are no longer happening, does anyone have another suggestion for a awesome birthday meal outside of the parks? On this note we also have 50's prime time Cafe booked for a meal for the antics. Should we change this reservation as well?

After reading through this thread i am wondering if I need/should change 2 of my reservations on our upcoming trip. We will be in Disney for both our Daughter's 9th birthday and Son's 13th birthday. For his birthday lunch he specifically picked Whispering Canyon Cafe because of the crazy antics. If these are no longer happening, does anyone have another suggestion for a awesome birthday meal outside of the parks? On this note we also have 50's prime time Cafe booked for a meal for the antics. Should we change this reservation as well?
If that is what they were looking forward to, then you might want to change. I have not heard that 50's has changed. I believe the rationale behind the change at WC is that the rooms above were difficult to stay in because of the antics.

If you are looking for interesting dining at the resorts, you could book at 1900 Park Fare (a character meal) or Trails End (not a particularly interesting experience but good food). You could also look into Ohana.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter