Whirl wind of emtions

Mmouse1588

Mouseketeer
We just got back from disney world today. We stayed 3 nights at animal kingdom lodge and 4 nights at polynesian. I have been to Disney like 20 times. My husband was with me the last 5. The last 2 times was with my toddler and husband as well as some of my immediate and extended family. This year we decided to invite his mother in law. She was thrilled. She could not afford to to so we had to decide to pay her way and both decided yes we would. I originally booked port orleans riverside 2 rooms. Then with crunching numbers thought id rather do 1 room for all of us but at a deluxe since the cost was the same (ish). My MIL is usually easy going. Was a little worried about room share but overall not too concerned. She is also usually very involved with our toddler. This was her first trip to disney. Everytime i asked her any concerns or questions whem booking she just kept saying whatever Max( our son would wanna do) she also wanted fast passes only for rides he could get on. As soon as we landed in Disney she let me know shes a really really bad snorer. Tbis was not good news since my husband and I are incredible light sleepers. She was so loud the first night i rush ordered us ear plugs from Amazon at 3 am . So that helped a lot. We did 6 park days and did 4 hrs in morning 4 hrs at night. Pool time resting in between everyday. She is 53 btw. She was a so bad at tolerating the heat that just being outside the hotel for a few minutes was really hard for her. She insisted the room be 65 at all times and i was literally shivering anytime i was in there for more then 15 mins but when i bumped it up to 69 like after showers or pool she would re adjust almost immediately barely interacted with our toddler in ac or outside which was not at all what i was expecting. She kept saying before the trip how she was going to be there all about our son and i cleared all fast pass booking with her and my husband multiple times before and after booking. While there my husband got upset with me anytime we were going on a ride too big for our kid and she didnt have a pass for. Which was Everest, rock n roller coaster and space mountain and thunder mountain. We rode all other rides together as a family. There was not once not ever where my husband son and i or just my husband and i were alone in the room. She was always always with us in the room. There were several times she was alone in the room as we took our son places she declined to go. The last day at the parks my husband and i had a total blow out fight just awful. Bc i felt the whole time i was trying to please her or my husband was making her #1 priority over myself and our son. Now after working sooo sooo hard (both of us) for nearly 10 months to save for this trip i found myself crying uncontrollably on the last night alone on a bench. I learned so many things i dont want to say i regret it because i am Disney obsessed and looked so much forward to the trip. My husband said we're never ever going again and I think this is so unfair since its literally my favorite thing place on planet earth. I think he will go again but I dont ever ever wanna bring his mother ever again. I felt like all i did was worry about pissing husband off bc i wasn't catering to his mother the way he wanted all while taking care of a strong willed extremely active toddler. In return he said hed go again but not with my family then either. Even though this has been my families thing since i was 1 and even into my adult life before i met him. I guess i just need to let the whole trip cool off and figure out my mistakes but I am just so deeply saddened coming back from disney and it isn't bc the trip is over as usual but because i am so disappointed with how unhappy I was on this trip.

I'm so sorry things didn't go the way you had hoped. Unfortunately, mixing family in on a Disney trip can be a tricky thing. I think the whole situation will cool down with a little bit of time, and you can just take it as a lesson learned. Emotions often run high at Disney because of the expense and sometimes unmet expectations. Big hug for you Mmouse, you'll feel better with a little time.

I am sorry this happened and the trip was not all you wanted it to be. You never know someone until you live with them......I think that is the saying or something like it.

Many years ago a very good friend of mine and I were always together. Shopping, clubs, going out to eat, staying out late on the "stoop" or at each other's home talking for hours, etc. etc. We always dreamed of getting our own apartment - we knew that would never happen but it was nice to think about it/talk about it (my parents would have never allowed it).

We had gone away for a weekend here and there with other friends. One year my sister, my friend and I went away for a week and coincidentally to Disney - by the second night, I prayed I would make it through the week. I had no more patience by the end of the week. I would have to leave the room waiting for her all the time or I would have lost it. Long story short.........I had no idea of her "habits", "routine" at home. I knew then we would never be able to go away again, let alone share a room. I did get over it quickly after we got home. There was no changing her. This is who she was. Slowwwwwwww, took her time with everything..............was never ready, never on time and only wanted to do what she wanted to do, slept all morning, etc. etc.

Lesson learned but we remained and are still close friends. I know it's different with your dh and mil (family) but again, until you live with someone.......

I am sure this will all cool off on all ends. If, for whatever reason, your dh refuses to go again, plan a trip with your son. Your dh might change his mind if he realizes you are serious. Definitely leave your MIL home. If dh wants to take her again, that is up to you but if you do, please get a separate room and plan some alone time with your dh and or your son.

I am sorry this happened and the trip was not all you wanted it to be. You never know someone until you live with them......I think that is the saying or something like it.

Many years ago a very good friend of mine and I were always together. Shopping, clubs, going out to eat, staying out late on the "stoop" or at each other's home talking for hours, etc. etc. We always dreamed of getting our own apartment - we knew that would never happen but it was nice to think about it/talk about it (my parents would have never allowed it).

We had gone away for a weekend here and there with other friends. One year my sister, my friend and I went away for a week and coincidentally to Disney - by the second night, I prayed I would make it through the week. I had no more patience by the end of the week. I would have to leave the room waiting for her all the time or I would have lost it. Long story short.........I had no idea of her "habits", "routine" at home. I knew then we would never be able to go away again, let alone share a room. I did get over it quickly after we got home. There was no changing her. This is who she was. Slowwwwwwww, took her time with everything..............was never ready, never on time and only wanted to do what she wanted to do, slept all morning, etc. etc.

Lesson learned but we remained and are still close friends. I know it's different with your dh and mil (family) but again, until you live with someone.......

I am sure this will all cool off on all ends. If, for whatever reason, your dh refuses to go again, plan a trip with your son. Your dh might change his mind if he realizes you are serious. Definitely leave your MIL home. If dh wants to take her again, that is up to you but if you do, please get a separate room and plan some alone time with your dh and or your son.
Thank you for your response help keeping me hopeful

I'm so sorry things didn't go the way you had hoped. Unfortunately, mixing family in on a Disney trip can be a tricky thing. I think the whole situation will cool down with a little bit of time, and you can just take it as a lesson learned. Emotions often run high at Disney because of the expense and sometimes unmet expectations. Big hug for you Mmouse, you'll feel better with a little time.
Thank you and im hopeful your right

We just got back from disney world today. We stayed 3 nights at animal kingdom lodge and 4 nights at polynesian. I have been to Disney like 20 times. My husband was with me the last 5. The last 2 times was with my toddler and husband as well as some of my immediate and extended family. This year we decided to invite his mother in law. She was thrilled. She could not afford to to so we had to decide to pay her way and both decided yes we would. I originally booked port orleans riverside 2 rooms. Then with crunching numbers thought id rather do 1 room for all of us but at a deluxe since the cost was the same (ish). My MIL is usually easy going. Was a little worried about room share but overall not too concerned. She is also usually very involved with our toddler. This was her first trip to disney. Everytime i asked her any concerns or questions whem booking she just kept saying whatever Max( our son would wanna do) she also wanted fast passes only for rides he could get on. As soon as we landed in Disney she let me know shes a really really bad snorer. Tbis was not good news since my husband and I are incredible light sleepers. She was so loud the first night i rush ordered us ear plugs from Amazon at 3 am . So that helped a lot. We did 6 park days and did 4 hrs in morning 4 hrs at night. Pool time resting in between everyday. She is 53 btw. She was a so bad at tolerating the heat that just being outside the hotel for a few minutes was really hard for her. She insisted the room be 65 at all times and i was literally shivering anytime i was in there for more then 15 mins but when i bumped it up to 69 like after showers or pool she would re adjust almost immediately barely interacted with our toddler in ac or outside which was not at all what i was expecting. She kept saying before the trip how she was going to be there all about our son and i cleared all fast pass booking with her and my husband multiple times before and after booking. While there my husband got upset with me anytime we were going on a ride too big for our kid and she didnt have a pass for. Which was Everest, rock n roller coaster and space mountain and thunder mountain. We rode all other rides together as a family. There was not once not ever where my husband son and i or just my husband and i were alone in the room. She was always always with us in the room. There were several times she was alone in the room as we took our son places she declined to go. The last day at the parks my husband and i had a total blow out fight just awful. Bc i felt the whole time i was trying to please her or my husband was making her #1 priority over myself and our son. Now after working sooo sooo hard (both of us) for nearly 10 months to save for this trip i found myself crying uncontrollably on the last night alone on a bench. I learned so many things i dont want to say i regret it because i am Disney obsessed and looked so much forward to the trip. My husband said we're never ever going again and I think this is so unfair since its literally my favorite thing place on planet earth. I think he will go again but I dont ever ever wanna bring his mother ever again. I felt like all i did was worry about pissing husband off bc i wasn't catering to his mother the way he wanted all while taking care of a strong willed extremely active toddler. In return he said hed go again but not with my family then either. Even though this has been my families thing since i was 1 and even into my adult life before i met him. I guess i just need to let the whole trip cool off and figure out my mistakes but I am just so deeply saddened coming back from disney and it isn't bc the trip is over as usual but because i am so disappointed with how unhappy I was on this trip.

I’m so sorry things went that way.

I am so sorry things turned out this way. Let the trauma of this trip wear off and next time you are planning a trip perhaps take a different approach to accommodations.

We are a large family (7 total in my household) and we take extended family vacations (14 total when we all travel together) and the secret I found to make it all work is...space. People need their own spaces to decompress, sleep when they want, etc...

When we go to Disney we rent a 6 bedroom home 7-10 minutes from property for the 7 of us and it’s magical...every, single trip. We only come back with good memories because if someone is getting on my nerves...I go in my bedroom, close the door and read, watch tv, ect for however long I want! I come out a new person!

As our families grow, change and evolve into something different we often have to adjust things and for us that included vacations. As more people joined our family hotel rooms were no longer comfortable so we moved to something different, which for us was renting condos or houses.

Consider this a learning experience, make adjustments and move on to things that suit your growing family better!

We
I am so sorry things turned out this way. Let the trauma of this trip wear off and next time you are planning a trip perhaps take a different approach to accommodations.

We are a large family (7 total in my household) and we take extended family vacations (14 total when we all travel together) and the secret I found to make it all work is...space. People need their own spaces to decompress, sleep when they want, etc...

When we go to Disney we rent a 6 bedroom home 7-10 minutes from property for the 7 of us and it’s magical...every, single trip. We only come back with good memories because if someone is getting on my nerves...I go in my bedroom, close the door and read, watch tv, ect for however long I want! I come out a new person!

As our families grow, change and evolve into something different we often have to adjust things and for us that included vacations. As more people joined our family hotel rooms were no longer comfortable so we moved to something different, which for us was renting condos or houses.

Consider this a learning experience, make adjustments and move on to things that suit your growing family better!
[/QUOTE

Thank you that is absolutely true. Time will help.

I've rode this boat also- paid for several family members to go-they had their own rooms but boy-talk about a mess. I will never do it again. After our last trip with family- my wife and I have gone on several trips-just the 2 of us and we have had a blast each one of them.

For my kids- whom are in their 30s- we never have any issues because they love to go.

I've rode this boat also- paid for several family members to go-they had their own rooms but boy-talk about a mess. I will never do it again. After our last trip with family- my wife and I have gone on several trips-just the 2 of us and we have had a blast each one of them.

For my kids- whom are in their 30s- we never have any issues because they love to go.
Yes my husband has now said he would go again but just myself and my son and him. I wont worry now about all the concerns i would have going just us 3. I am trying to let this blow over. I have always been ready to plan the next Disney trip the day we come home. He has always needed months to think and digest. He doesn't like that our trip was a party of 10 he found it too stressful himself

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter