WhichWDW DVC has best landscaping?

lmhall2000

May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you
Gardens and flowers...any DVC stand out a small more lush landscaping?

Most have something worth looking at. AKV and BLT would be off of my list and so would BCV.

:earsboy: Bill

Great! Trying to focus on two in searching for contracts, for long term...I need flora and loads of it, I don't mind transportation as long as I have plants and birds/wildlife around :)

Wildlife:
Walking from VWL to FWC we have seen:
Deer
Turkey
Raccoon
I have seen gators in WDW at:
Palm and Magnolia Golf courses.
Bay Lake while in a boat over past FWC.
Trumbo Canal between POFQ(PO) and PORS(DL) and between OKW and DTD.
Golf courses:
Turkey
Deer
Snakes

I'm thinking Aulani ... ?

That said, we've certainly enjoyed sitting on our ground floor studio's patio at Poly and soaking in the landscaping. We truly felt 'transported.'

The rose garden at BWV is a hidden gem, but you won't be sitting on a balcony enjoying lush landscaping at BWV generally.

Well, I love gardenias and Southern Magnolias and Beach Club Villas come to mind. You see turtles in the canal, plenty of birds, and yes, I've seen snakes.

Last edited:
OKW and SSR but I've never been to Wilderness Lodge and I was impressed with that on some VLoggers called Tom and Sophie recent video.

OKW is great, but sprawling and depending on where you are, it can be a LITTLE hit or miss (but mostly hit). Probably the same for SSR but a tad more miss (just a tad)!

I echo what many are saying with Old Key West and Saratoga Springs for what you are describing. Poly has great landscaping, if you are looking for a South Pacific transformative vibe, but I'm guessing the 1st two are more what you are looking for.

Great! Trying to focus on two in searching for contracts, for long term...I need flora and loads of it, I don't mind transportation as long as I have plants and birds/wildlife around :)

We own at SSR and we love to stay there because landscaping and birds. This past October we had Blue-Gray Gnatcatchers, American Redstarts, Pine and Yellow-throated Warblers in the trees and plenty of wading birds including Limpkin, Tricolored Heron and even two fly over Woodstorks. I would think OKW would be just as good. But the Treehouse Villas are literally up and in the woods!

Wildlife:
Walking from VWL to FWC we have seen:
Snakes

I rented a bike to go from VWL to FWC and almost ran over a snake! I thought it was a stick until I got close enough I really couldn't stop in time. It slithered away just in time, but I was afraid it would freak out and bite me!

The rose garden at BWV is a hidden gem, but you won't be sitting on a balcony enjoying lush landscaping at BWV generally.

Where is the rose garden located?

We own at SSR and we love to stay there because landscaping and birds. This past October we had Blue-Gray Gnatcatchers, American Redstarts, Pine and Yellow-throated Warblers in the trees and plenty of wading birds including Limpkin, Tricolored Heron and even two fly over Woodstorks. I would think OKW would be just as good. But the Treehouse Villas are literally up and in the woods!

Fun to see a fellow birder here! I haven't really done any birding at WDW, so this is good to know :-)

The problem with OKW's landscaping if you are staying in an studio you could have a view like this:DSCN6475.jpg

[QUOTE="iheartglaciers, post: 58761821,

Where is the rose garden located?
[/QUOTE]

Boardwalk Inn side. On the maps, its the BW Inn pool area - there is a seldom used pool back there, along with a nice garden.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!