Which Week To Stay in October?

hoosierdad5

Earning My Ears
Hello all! Hope all is well. I have a decision to make and need some thoughts/opinions. My family of 5 (2 adults, 3 kids aged 9 and 5 year old twins) will be visiting Disney in October. We have been to Disney several times, but never in October. Where we live has a two week fall break from school in the middle of the month and would like opinions on which week would be better to go. The two weeks are the week of 10/14 and 10/21.

We are a very park centric family and spend most of our times in the parks and not a lot of time at the resort (we always stay at Caribbean Beach). That being said, crowd levels are probably the main deciding factor in which week we go. We're also interested in doing the Mickey's Not So Spooky event while we are there. The week of 10/21 is slightly more expensive, but not by much.

Has anyone been during this time? What are you thoughts?

The week of 10/14 is Columbus Day weekend (long weekend), so it may be more crowded, at least on that Monday. Take a look at the prices for Disney tickets, if the prices are higher one week over the other, that is probably the busier week.

I agree with looking at ticket prices as a guide to expected crowd levels. I’ll also point out that the later you get into October, the less likely your trip will be affected by a hurricane, and the weather might be a tiny bit cooler and less humid.

The week of 10/14 is Columbus Day weekend (long weekend), so it may be more crowded, at least on that Monday.
Oh,oh. Dummy me! We’re taking the grandchildren that week, because they’ve got a couple days off from school-“teachers work days, I guess”. I completely forgot about the holiday.

Thanks for the info, guys. That second week tickets are very slightly more expensive ($5 more per day). Thinking it may be worth it to dodge that Columbus Day crowd/hangover.

Hello all! Hope all is well. I have a decision to make and need some thoughts/opinions. My family of 5 (2 adults, 3 kids aged 9 and 5 year old twins) will be visiting Disney in October. We have been to Disney several times, but never in October. Where we live has a two week fall break from school in the middle of the month and would like opinions on which week would be better to go. The two weeks are the week of 10/14 and 10/21.

We are a very park centric family and spend most of our times in the parks and not a lot of time at the resort (we always stay at Caribbean Beach). That being said, crowd levels are probably the main deciding factor in which week we go. We're also interested in doing the Mickey's Not So Spooky event while we are there. The week of 10/21 is slightly more expensive, but not by much.

Has anyone been during this time? What are you thoughts?
My thought is the first week will be busier. Many schools that have a fall break make it the week of Columbus day.

Here in PA we usually just get Friday and/or Monday for a long weekend.

Does anyone know if going mid-week to mid-week makes any difference?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter